Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Italian parents

Posted by cfdavep 
Italian parents
August 24, 2020
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/18/europe/italy-adult-child-finance-intl-scli/index.html

....were legally required to financially pay for their kids, I guess for life. This has led some of these "kids" to pursue non-paying or low paying fun careers knowing they'll never have to leave home. One 35 year old music teacher making $24,000 a year claimed he couldn't live on it, probably meaning he would have to roomate, took his parents to court when they shut down the gravy train and he lost.

It looks like parents in Italy legally have to support kids proven to be mentally and physically disabled and it was found that adult kids who can't or won't leave home are the cause of one third of divorce cases in that country
Re: Italian parents
August 24, 2020
cfdavep
it was found that adult kids who can't or won't leave home are the cause of one third of divorce cases in that country

No, that can't be right. Having kids is what you do to save a failing marriage. They couldn't possibly make one fall apart.
August 25, 2020
Italy is known for its baby rabies and coddling grown fuck ups.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 25, 2020
Italy has a 40% unemployment rate, or at least it did when I lived there 2010-2011. While I was living there I knew exactly one Italian whose sister was pregnant and she ended up with a late term miscarriage. They are making a huge deal out of babies there because they are relatively rare. The euro really screwed up their economy and it is very difficult to obtain a job- any job before the age of 40. Lots of college aged kids go to the UK for college and often stay there a very long time (well over 5 years).

All the Italians I worked with were over 40 and most of the ones I saw working as I was out and about were over 40.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login