Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pandemic amplifies resentment toward breeder employees

Posted by toraneko 
Pandemic amplifies resentment toward breeder employees
September 05, 2020
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/05/technology/parents-time-off-backlash.html

There's a backlash brewing at large companies that are offering breeders extravagant amounts of paid time off while childless workers pick up the slack.
Re: Pandemic amplifies resentment toward breeder employees
September 06, 2020
Looks like the pandemic has thrown into sharp relief the bias that we've been seeing all along.
September 06, 2020

“I do believe parents have certain challenges,” she said. “But everyone has challenges, and those challenges are very, very real.”

Word, not to mention that children are a voluntary, self-imposed challenge while many people deal with shit they have no control over.

Sounds like unchilded employees aren't just sighing and dealing with getting fucked over anymore. This pandemic sucks for everybody and parents don't deserve extra perks more than anyone else because no one is more fucked over than someone else right now.

“A question that we might ask the employees who are feeling some frustration about their co-workers being on leave is what do you think is going to happen if that person quits?” she said. “You’re going to actually be stretched further.”

I would love to see just mass walkouts (or whatever the social distancing equivalent would be) of non-parent employees because parents get more perks. Let's see how well those businesses do when the real backbone of the staff leaves and the parents are no longer special and actually have to do shit.
September 06, 2020
The comments on that article are pure gold.

Even on FB, the comments under the NY Times page on that article are great. One person told parents to go mind their crotch goblins hysterical laughter
September 06, 2020
We are going to see a lot of explosions because our society is under incredible strain.

While I despise children, I can see the parent's point, they are having to work two jobs. One as a teacher to their cum stains and one at their job. However, I also see the point of view of the child free, because as usual they will be asked to pick up parental slack without compensation. I also see no end coming for this pandemic, as this is but one of many to come in the future.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
September 07, 2020
I don’t feel any sympathy for parents at all. They based their decision on having children on how soon they could foist those kids off onto other people in the form of (free) babysitting from family members, daycares, schools, activities, etc. It was based upon the idea that they would get preferential treatment at work at the expense of those without children. It was based upon the idea that they would get constant validation and positive attention. They never bothered to think the “What Ifs.” What if they had to be a single parent with zero support? What if schools and daycares are shut down for an extended time due to extreme weather events, wildfires, or a pandemic? And there are those who snottily say who could have predicted this? Everybody who bothered to pay even a modicum of attention predicted this was going to happen. Catastrophic climate change prompted by massive overpopulation and a global society meant that a pandemic was inevitable. The only thing people may not have seen coming was a pandemic of a novel virus.

Maybe parents should be receiving less benefits and instead benefits go to those who do not have children. They want to say that children are the future of humanity, but the future is looking pretty grim right now. We’re bringing about our own extinction — a timeline that shortens every day.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
September 07, 2020
There is (as always) a lack of critical thinking skills apparent in most of the parunt comments:

random parunt
For all you non-parents complaining, who is going to take care of you when you get older? Who is going to be your doctor, your cashier, your politician? It’s not you or I. It’s our kids.

Approximately .29% of the population become doctors. https://www.wisegeek.com/what-percent-of-the-us-population-do-doctors-comprise.htm

So, good luck with that parunts.

And the child free agree:

child free commenter #1
Who is going to be my doctor, cashier or politician? Well the politician you can have. Doctors make up less than 1% of the population so that’s not really a strong argument. And my cashier? That job is gone inside of 5 years anyway as automation becomes more sophisticated and normalized. Cashier could be gone tomorrow if not for the social ramifications of laying off thousands of cashiers already.

Seriously, our future will not require a lot of people.

And, the all-time favorite topic of idiotic parunts that lack basic math skills, social security:

random parunt #2
People without kids are depending on kids for their Social Security, that's how the system works.

random parunt #3
given that those kids would be paying for your social security, I think you should want them raised in the best possible manner so that they could be very productive members of the society.

The old social security saw. Have they bothered to do the math to determine how much a person pays into social security at 12.4% over 40+ years? Why do so many idiot parunts think social security is welfare and not understand how it works before making their straw man claims?

And parunts want pity because they are paying taxes for schools their children are not physically "going to:"

random parent #4
In the present situation, I am paying taxes for school that my child will not be able to go to, AND I am also having to do the job that teachers are still being paid to do, while also doing the job that I am paid to do.

So, now you see how the child free feel, they pay taxes their entire working lives for schools they don't use. And once your brats leave you will continue to pay for schools. And teachers are still working and educating your children online. They just aren't babysitting them.

Jealous much?
I find it ironic that these same parunts will claim the childfree have so much disposable income and in the next breath will chide us about childrun futurr and how their brats will pay the social security for the childfree. Which is it? Because it can't be both. And who in the hell is para-sailing in Costa Rica anyways?

random parunt #5
If you don’t have kids, you have oh so much more time and money than those that do have kids.

Stop complaining slackers.

random parunt #6
Hey Non-parent Dude,
When you broke your leg para-sailing in Costa Rica and accumulated thousands in Medical bills that our self-insured company paid, I didn’t go ask HR to give me the equivalent cash paid for your medical bills because it should even Steven.

A comment from a child free person who has basic math skills:

child free commenter #2
I am aware of the issue, but I figured bringing a new person into the world solely as a hedge against not being able to wipe myself in old age felt, you know, on shaky ground ethically.

And if you’re really being serious, well. How about you spend your money on a kid, and I drop the same money into an index fund. After 20 years, we’ll see whose investment produces a more skilled care worker—your kid (presumably with their own career and interests) or my money paying a professional.
September 07, 2020
Workers must respect parents!

Because most injuries to children happen when parents are under stress.

These people have good jobs, why must it be PAID leave?
September 08, 2020
paragon schnitzophonic
And there are those who snottily say who could have predicted this? Everybody who bothered to pay even a modicum of attention predicted this was going to happen. Catastrophic climate change prompted by massive overpopulation and a global society meant that a pandemic was inevitable. The only thing people may not have seen coming was a pandemic of a novel virus.

Hear hear. How fucking blind do you have to be to not see this train coming? Kind of like that breeder stunt that started one of the California wildfires. All that matters to breeders is themselves.
September 08, 2020
mr. neptune
Workers must respect parents!

Because most injuries to children happen when parents are under stress.

These people have good jobs, why must it be PAID leave?

Exactly, I saw where they make an average of well over 150K. I don't know if that is a fact but they have good jobs and could save their money. It is a fact that plenty of people who make less than they do manage to save money.
September 08, 2020
freya
Exactly, I saw where they make an average of well over 150K. I don't know if that is a fact but they have good jobs and could save their money. It is a fact that plenty of people who make less than they do manage to save money.

Some rents would severely challenge anyone making 150K to make rent. I know this sounds stupid, but many people working for Facebook and Google are living in box trucks to avoid the insane rents in their area.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
September 11, 2020
Seeing that I've been taxed up the ass for over 40 years to pay for your brats' education, they owe it to me to pay for my social security and wipe my ass.
September 11, 2020
My ass will most likely be wiped by the same illegal immigrants as the childed. At least I won't be disappointed when GoldenSon and GoldenGirl don't visit.
September 11, 2020
I think any business letting a breeder 'work from home' should demand proof that they're paying a nanny or daycare. You just know that they're not doing any work because they're too busy looking after snotleigh and bratson.
September 11, 2020
craftyzits
freya

Some rents would severely challenge anyone making 150K to make rent. I know this sounds stupid, but many people working for Facebook and Google are living in box trucks to avoid the insane rents in their area.

Facebook has a work from home forever policy since COVID so anyone choosing to live in a box truck despite having the freedom to move is an utter moron. And Google has other locations where the living expenses aren't so high. I'd like to think people who are qualified enough to obtain jobs at either of these two companies would be intelligent enough to figure out their rent/expense situation prior to accepting an offer. Or if they lack financial literacy they could afford to pay someone else to set up their finances.

There are plenty of people living in Northern California who earn much less than 150K, don't have endless job prospects and lack the funds to pack up and move.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login