Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Baby Rabies: On Steroids!!

Posted by twocents 
Baby Rabies: On Steroids!!
September 17, 2020
Hang on, this is a loooong read and started with a post from Reddit, several different forums there, but titled 'The Time I was 'asked' to be a surrogate for entitled religious couple. asked is in quotes for a reason. There is an update so this is not over.
Part 1:
I already posted this story on r/childfree at the request of a friend but I thought it could work here as well. I am sorry if you've already seen it on that sub.

So a little backstory. I was basically homeless for a while beause of some issues I'd rather not talk about. I am completely safe now but during my time in a homeless program I met a couple who were very religious. They were very sweet to me and are not the problem in this story. At all. But they used to take me to church and it was okay for the most part. (Note that I am not Christian myself. This will come up later.) There I met some of their friends including a couple (We'll call them Martha and John) who had tried for years to have children. IVF, adoption, you name it, they apparently tried it. (They wanted a baby specifically.) Nothing stuck. Eventually they just gave up. Or at least that's what they said.

Fast forward a little bit and I got an offer to live with family for a while. So I moved where they were. During this time I got a new number which I did give to the couple who had showed me so much kindness but did not give it out to anyone else from that area. Well earlier this year I'm pulling into a parking spot at my local Target when my phone pings. I put my car in park to check the new message I had just received. Turns out it was Martha and the message was her basically just saying "hi! is this OP?" I didn't want to be rude so I just said something along the lines of"Yes this is OP" and just left it at that because I thought it weird that she had my number and I was wondering what she wanted.

I get out my car to do my shopping and had just found what I was looking for when my phone starts going off several times. The messages went like this: "As devout believers we know that God has a plan for each and every one of us. Sometimes He puts people in our lives as an answer to our prayers. OP, as you know, John and I have tried for almost ten years to have a baby and while we have had many heartbreaks we always held fast to our faith and believed that God would answer our prayers in His own time. John and I believe that our prayers were answered when we met you. If you would agree to be our donor and surrogate we would be more than happy to offer you a home during the pregnancies. All we ask is that you follow certain guidelines during the time you are carrying our children." (Then she sent a list of these "guidelines" which I don't really feel like posting right now)

I'm pretty much just shellshocked in the middle of the shampoo aisle because WTF did I just read? And don't respond for a minute so she keeps sending me messages like "We would like to move you into our spare room sometime this month so we can start your treatments immediately." And clarifying that I will need to sign a contract for each pregnancy. I eventually just messaged back with a simple "I'm sorry but I'm not interested." I don't feel that I was rude at all but she got PISSED and basically gave me the typical bingo of "How selfish can you be?!" So I blocked her. And that was that, right? WRONG! So I get my freaking haircare products and a fewand get to the checkout line when my phone starts blowing up. The cashier even made a comment on how someone REALLY wanted ro get in touch with me.

Guys...... it was basically the whole church. Or at least all of that very very large friend group. Apparently Martha had messaged a group chat or something (that is the only way I could see them all getting my number that fast) to give them my number and tell them that I had turned down her and John's proposal that the whole group had apparently discussed! Or at least that's what I got from the messages that I read. My phone got so many messages it seized a few times. I ended up having to get a new number again. But That was my experience with baby crazy religious people.

(I should note that I personally love children but am sitting on the fence about being childfree because of an issue that my doctor is worried will harm me should I ever get pregnant. These people aparently knew this from the couple I was friends with. So not only was I not a real candidate because I have never carried a baby to term I also have an issue that could put me at risk during childbirth. But they still assumed I'd do it to get a roof over my head.)

My friend asked if I would post some of the rules they had for the pregnancy so other people might get a laugh out of it. I didn't find them funny but sure.

I could only work part time as to keep from "putting strain on the babies"

I had to eat a specific diet and would have to give up drinking and smoking..... even though I don't drink or smoke already so that stipulation was odd

I would be required to check in with them when I wanted to go somewhere (including work)

I had to go to church every Sunday and Wednesday and would have to take time off for it

I wouldn't be allowed to date anyone unless it was someone from church and I would have to sign papers saying I would remain celibate during treatment and the pregnancies so they knew for sure the kids were John's

There were several more but those were the ones that kind of stand out.

It did come to my attention tonight that the couple (and the church) saw my original post on r/childfree and are very upset about it. Honestly all they're doing is telling on themselves seeing as I didn't use their real names.

Edit: I had someone message and ask me how old I was and I am in my early twenties. Just wanted to post for clarification.

Edit: I have been asked to post what the email they sent yesterday said. I responded to someone who commented with the gist of it ( I'm not posting the full email because there would be a lot to edit out in terms of personal info and I'm afraid I'd miss something and it would get me in trouble.) So here is the copy and paste answer to that request.

They wanted me to remove the post because it was going to lead to the further prosecution of Christians in America. That I should be ashamed of sharing such a private matter. That I should have taken it as a compliment because they thought I was attractive enought to be their children's biological mother even though I am severely troubled and come from a much lower level of social status (even though my family has more money that they do and they probably are aware of that fact) and then they made the offer again and said that Jesus loves me and that I should pray over this and be sure I make the right choice. I am not responding to their email but will be emailing their pastor with proof.

Update: The friend group now has my email address so I am now getting email. Thankfully I don't have those notifications turned on otherwise my phone would be blowing up. Also their pastor has responded to me. Fudge it all.

Part 2:
Original post for this sub can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/EntitledPeople/comments/itmpoi/the_time_i_was_asked_to_be_a_surrogote_for_an/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

So I originally posted this to r/childfree at the request of a friend and it is now on r/childfree, r/religiousfruitcake, and r/entitledpeople. I've had a lot of comments with advice and a few people messaging me for updates as this was not an ongoing issue before posting but "Martha" and "John" found the post somehow on r/childfree (I do not know what they qere doing on there or if someone else showed it to them point is they found it and recognized themselves). John wrote me an email. I updated my original posts with the paraphrased content of that email so if you didn't see it you can check it out on the original post.

I was advised to contact their pastor which I did this morning. I sent him an email explaning what had happened and that Martha and John had made contact with me again. I got a response a little while ago and it is honestly sickening. I do not know if he was part of this from the start and this is gaslighting but he basically told me that I should not have agreed to have been their donor or offered to be their surrogate if I wasn't going to follow through and that Martha, John, and their friends have every right to be upset with me. That is what they have told the pastor. That they asked me to donate an egg and that I offered of my of own free will to carry their child. I sent screenshots in my email to him but obviously he did not look at him or did not care. So I have sent him a second email telling him that I will be taking action against the church itself if he does not put a stop to the harassment and urged him to read the actual messages I sent in my first email as they contradict everything he's told me about agreeing to "help them with building their family." I will also be telling the internet which church is involved if this does not stop.

If he responds I will post the update here. Until then I'll be going through the hundreds of new emails I've gotten from John and Martha's friends and archiving them.

Update 1: The pastor is not happy with my "threats" to expose his church and is now saying he will be involing the authorities. I directed him to the officers I spoke with about his flock last night and this morning and again encouraged him to read the messages I sent screenshots of.

Update 2: The pastor wants me to guve him my number so he can call me to discuss this. Yeah no we're good with email. You don't get to have my new number.

Update 3: Pastor says he bieves me after reading the screenshots I sent. (Took you a minute but okay insert eyeroll here) He has received screenshots of my posts in both r/childfree and r/entitled people. He said that Martha said she tried to reach out in the comments on one of the posts which is something a redditor told me earlier but that those coments were deleted. If anyone saw them would you mind letting me know what they said? He still wants to talk over the phone but I'm still resisting. He seems to be unsettled by the idea of his church and people being named here. This is honestly exhausting.

Update 4: Y'all....... I think I'm going to have to sue a church. God!

Update 5: The pastor kept trying to get me to call him and I refused without my lawyer present (and without using a different phone) so I just contacted my lawyer who called him insted. I have been told that after a few minutes of speaking to my attorney the pastor hung up mid-conversation. The conversation apparently did not go well. The pastor soes not want me posting about his church members. He said he would speak with the couple and address it with the rest of the church but at this point in time my lawyer wishes to proceed with serving the couple and everyone else a cease and desist. sigh

Update 6: I have gotten a message from Facebook that I now have at least twenty new friend requests. They're all in the friend group. I am so glad all my social media is private.

Update 6 part 2: And they have found my Instagram...... again it's private. I'm not going to accept their follow requests idk what they think they're doing.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Re: Baby Rabies: On Steroids!!
September 17, 2020
"Help" is not free from churchy conservatives. It comes in the form of exploitation and keeping someone around for later exploitation. Helping the disadvantaged is their sneaky PR so people won't call them on it
September 17, 2020
cf, not always. I was helped by a church a long time ago, and I never faced anything on this order. And the poster stated the original helping couple were not a part of this fiasco. I imagine this has put them in an awkward position no doubt.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
September 17, 2020
And you will know them by their love. A church's/religious person's help always comes with a price.

Original helping couple gave out her cell number without permission. Hope OP doesn't give them her new cell as they can't be trusted.
September 18, 2020
Religious groups target vulnerable people for recruitment. A friend once told me the reason they are all over college campuses is because there are a lot of young people who aren't sure what they want to do with their lives there.
September 18, 2020
Christian cultists are fucking nuts. Poor OP; I hope her lawyer rips that church open.
September 18, 2020
I have a pair of friends who are members of a Christian church who are a definite exception to this rule. They don't even talk about their church very often, outside Churchy, God centered memes and some photos on their Facebook sites. Lately, their church has been doing drive up gatherings in parking lots due to Covid 19 and the pics are interesting. That is especially important for her as her health is absolute shit and she's without health insurance.

I met the pair a long time ago, first via him as like me he is a Linux geek. He helped me learn how to use the Linux OS. I met her a couple of years later as he met than married her after having recovered from a nasty relationship. They have an overabundance of fur babies on which they will not compromise.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
September 19, 2020
Hana, it is entirely possible, given the devious nature of these rabid wanna breeds, that they may have asked for the phone number without giving a reason. They are all in the same church, group. and they may not have thought it odd. if they did know the reason, then yes, they are at fault.
but my mom witnessed duplicity with a neighbor who lived in back of us looking for a phone number for a tree spraying service. mom gave the number of the guy we've used for years (as well as a house or two elsewhere on the block.) turns out she called up batshit angry about her precious widdle dumpkins maybe being poisoned and on and on. if my mom had known this she never would have given the number out. she thought she was helping his business. my comment to mom after telling me this story was : this cow probably puts more shit on her lawn than is sprayed into the trees. so I'm willing to give this particular couple benefit of the doubt. but I think if I were OP I would contact them and tell them not to give out any more info to anyone.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

September 19, 2020
When the pastor didn't read her email attachments until she directed him there THREE TIMES, I knew we are not talking about intelligent or thoughtful people*. He went all "not MY church member," just as a Breeder would say "not MY chyld," and he didn't even take the time to research the facts.

For all we know, this was the snake-handling variety Christian. They all sound loony.

* I have met some ministers whom I would call thoughtful people. I am biased toward clergy who actually went to a seminary or studied an academic program. (I read the blog of someone who is on the faculty of Duke Divinity School.) I may not believe exactly what they do, but they tend to be thoughtful and considerate people.
September 21, 2020
Holy rollers are the meanest people on the planet. My uncle is married to one. They consider themselves infallible despite being horrible, mean, angry people.
September 21, 2020
this saga is still going on. I don't think she's going to post much anymore as the bastards figured out she was posting on reddit. but she now has a second lawyer. I just find it hard to believe that these breeding bastards are so myopically focused on this one girl. but when I doubt something on this order I encounter it for myself.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

September 21, 2020
I'm guessing they thought they could bribe the poor homeless girl with free room, board and food in exchange for getting pregnant. How generous of them to take advantage of her situation! eye rolling smiley I wonder if this lovely Gawd-fearing couple knew that the author had health problems that would make pregnancy dangerous for her, or they did know and just didn't care because God would allegedly protect her. I also notice they said "pregnancies" - so they expected her to carry multiple children for them.

Also, did they ever stop to think that with all the bullshit they preach about God's will that maybe God didn't want them to have kids because they're horrible people? Funny how that's not God's will, but coercing a stranger to carry babies for them is. My guess is no because one of the perks of Christianity is the ability to cherry pick bits and pieces of the religion to suit your own agenda and then use the imaginary man in the sky as a scapegoat.

I'd also love to know what a couple of wanna-breeders were doing poking around on r/childfree.

What the fuck was so special about this particular woman that she HAD to be the surrogate? Surely they could have found a more willing participant if their first choice refused? Sounds like the author is going to have to get a C&D against the entire parish. I hope word about these lunatics spreads so nobody gives them any fucking kids, either through surrogacy or adoption.
September 21, 2020
toraneko
Holy rollers are the meanest people on the planet. My uncle is married to one. They consider themselves infallible despite being horrible, mean, angry people.

The absolute worst people I have ever known all considered themselves devout Christians. One was a church elder (though he told people he was the minister). And they're all people who will vastly improve the world when they die.
September 22, 2020
I'm going to leave this here, because the posts were edited and removed by the reddit mods. The link to the post on r/childfree is completely gone.

The OP has since deleted her account, probably at the insistence of her lawyers.

https://www.removeddit.com/r/EntitledPeople/comments/itmpoi/the_time_i_was_asked_to_be_a_surrogote_for_an/
September 23, 2020
think also the original post wasmade up in a hacked account. however, makes for an interesting read.
don't think I'm going to pay much attention to posts there. breakingmom is more fruitful imo

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

September 27, 2020
This could be real, this could be made up. The most relevant part is that coercion to breed is real and it happens every single day. The bad part is that not much attention is being directed towards it.
September 28, 2020
Techie
This could be real, this could be made up. The most relevant part is that coercion to breed is real and it happens every single day. The bad part is that not much attention is being directed towards it.

When I was sterilized some years back, I had a Christian breeder demand why I didn't donate my eggs to infertile Myrtles, because I wouldn't be using them due to my uterus removal. I shut that down in one sentence.

I could believe that an infertile fundy couple, being indoctrinated to breed early and often, would try to harass a homeless woman into being a surrogate. Consider the situation in 3rd world countries where women are poor and desperate enough to have been surrogates for wealthy Westerners. It would have been much cheaper to house her in their home for the few years while she cranked the babies out, then toss her back into the streets after the breeding period was complete.
September 29, 2020
Peace
It would have been much cheaper to house her in their home for the few years while she cranked the babies out, then toss her back into the streets after the breeding period was complete.

I am guessing there might be laws in place that are preventing that from happening. Otherwise, it would happen on regular basis.
September 29, 2020
Techie
Peace
It would have been much cheaper to house her in their home for the few years while she cranked the babies out, then toss her back into the streets after the breeding period was complete.

I am guessing there might be laws in place that are preventing that from happening. Otherwise, it would happen on regular basis.

It could be.

Or it could be that breeders are only now starting to come up with creative ways to get free surrogates.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login