Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This doesn't bode well-supreme court nominee

Posted by toraneko 
This doesn't bode well-supreme court nominee
September 21, 2020
https://www.newsweek.com/who-amy-coney-barretts-family-potential-supreme-court-nominee-mother-seven-has-six-siblings-1533120

I'm not even going to read it because the title tells me all I need to know.
Re: This doesn't bode well-supreme court nominee
September 21, 2020
Yep, the Trumpster was going on about how a woman will be nominated, cause if she is female it is all ok now.
September 21, 2020
The Christ-Fascists need to have it rubbed in the goddamned hot coals.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
September 22, 2020
When the Orange Dump nominates his pearl clutcher within the next week, it may make sense to think about an "underground railroad" type thing for info on reproductive rights for the future. I have a feeling abortion will be headed back to 1955 in the next four years
September 22, 2020
cfdavep
When the Orange Dump nominates his pearl clutcher within the next week, it may make sense to think about an "underground railroad" type thing for info on reproductive rights for the future. I have a feeling abortion will be headed back to 1955 in the next four years

I already did that in 2014. The only sure way to avoid pregnancy is a hysterectomy, as for sure birth control and abortion will be illegal. I think that will also be for when birth is fatal to the mother. No one will give a damn about women and girls.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
September 26, 2020
I doubt confirmation will be smooth sailing. Obama tried to replace Scalia way earlier before the election and he encountered more road blocks than he could have expected. We are too close to election now to make it happen.

Aside from that, Supreme Court has become an extension of a political party and you know what I like about it? Not a damn thing...
September 26, 2020
Techie
I doubt confirmation will be smooth sailing. Obama tried to replace Scalia way earlier before the election and he encountered more road blocks than he could have expected. We are too close to election now to make it happen.

Aside from that, Supreme Court has become an extension of a political party and you know what I like about it? Not a damn thing...

But the GOP has enough votes this time to confirm Barrett. Romney has already stated that he's perfectly fine with voting for the fundy fascist's Trump's nominee. The GOP is has no problem with violating their own precedent when it suits their purpose, because we all know how honest they are angry flipping off
September 27, 2020
@Peace: anything is possible in this current political climate. Historically, not a single Supreme Court nominee confirmation has happened in the election year between July and November. Aside from that, Supreme Court has become a kanguroo court filled with politicians in robes. Right now, there is an attempt to stuff another of those in there.
September 27, 2020
Given that the worst-case scenario has happened with everything that has happened not only this year, but the past four years, I’m thoroughly expecting the worst to happen again. There’s been absolutely nothing to give rise to any hope that anything different will happen.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
September 27, 2020
paragon schnitzophonic
Given that the worst-case scenario has happened with everything that has happened not only this year, but the past four years, I’m thoroughly expecting the worst to happen again. There’s been absolutely nothing to give rise to any hope that anything different will happen.

I have to admit, I am somewhat worried. This nominee is pro big business all the way. Anti-choice, in their core and in every string of their fabric is pro-business. They are based on the idea of infinite growth and an idea that we need more consumers so we can sell more goods and services.

I did not see enough pro-choice support from the left during 2008-2016. But that is not in any way an indication that anyone on the right is going to do anything but attack everything pro-choice. At this moment, as of today, things look super volatile. But, I am going to stick to a "history lesson", where, in the history of USA, no Supreme Court justice has been confirmed between July and November of an election year. We are way too close to November
September 27, 2020
Techie
I did not see enough pro-choice support from the left during 2008-2016. But that is not in any way an indication that anyone on the right is going to do anything but attack everything pro-choice. At this moment, as of today, things look super volatile. But, I am going to stick to a "history lesson", where, in the history of USA, no Supreme Court justice has been confirmed between July and November of an election year. We are way too close to November

Look at all the other norms the GOP violated. This is just one more.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login