Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Italian women who had abortions get their names in non-consentual graveyard

Posted by cassia 
Italian women who had abortions get their names in non-consentual graveyard
October 08, 2020
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/lawsuit-fetus-cemetery-1.5753731

"When Francesca joined a group of friends on a fact-finding visit to a cemetery in Rome last week, she was not prepared to find a small, white cross with her name on it.

The friends had learned through Facebook that a woman from Rome who had an abortion had later discovered her name on a similar cross in the sprawling Flaminio Cemetery on the northern outskirts of the capital city.

Francesca, a 36-year-old body movement instructor who asked that her last name not be published, had an abortion in September 2019 after learning her fetus had a fatal heart malformation and would not survive. But she never expected that someone would bury her fetus and mark the site with a cross baring her name.

"Nobody told me the fetus would be buried, nobody asked me if I wanted a burial and nobody got my permission to put my name on a cross," she said. "I can't tell you what a horrendous feeling it is to find a cross with your name on it.""

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find this article appalling on so many levels.
Hopefully the guilty parties are prosecuted , this fetus-worshiping stopped and they cease traumatizing women who chose abortion.
Italy is one seriously Catholic country and some Catholics are really forceful and manipulative with their beliefs. I have an Uber Catholic aunt and this is the type of thing she would do if she thought of it.
This is so wrong on so many accounts. Aren't there patient privacy laws? Who is paying for all of this?
If I still had a uterus, I'd be trying to figure out how to cut it out myself with a pocket knife. The world is losing its sense at a rapid pace.
bell_flower
If I still had a uterus, I'd be trying to figure out how to cut it out myself with a pocket knife. The world is losing its sense at a rapid pace.

I did this. I had a hysterectomy in 2014.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Wow, that seems like a tremendous violation of privacy and medical information. So who found this information out anyway? A friend or relative with a big mouth? Or the doctor who performed the abortion? Because I imagine someone could definitely legitimately get sued over this shit.

Usually the fetus humpers pick on women who get "elective" abortions - as in they just plain don't want to have a kid. But it sounds like this lady wanted her child and found out it had a condition that the medical community would refer to as being "incompatible with life" and made the decision to quit while she was ahead. You'd think this would be a viable reason even for the religious fuckbags, but I think I give them too much credit.

I wonder if the fetus is actually buried there too. Aren't there laws in Italy about how to dispose of medical waste? Surely throwing a fetus in a hole would be an invitation for hungry animals to dig up some dinner? Or is it just a cross in memory of the failed pregnancy?

If women want to do this shit to mourn their own dead clumps, then fine. But doing it on behalf of other women and then not telling them about it is fucked up on so many levels. I've never had an abortion, but if I did and found out someone made a grave for the fetal tissue, I would fucking sodomize them with a chainsaw.
Cambion

Usually the fetus humpers pick on women who get "elective" abortions - as in they just plain don't want to have a kid. But it sounds like this lady wanted her child and found out it had a condition that the medical community would refer to as being "incompatible with life" and made the decision to quit while she was ahead. You'd think this would be a viable reason even for the religious fuckbags, but I think I give them too much credit.

You give 'em WAY too much credit. The only case where an abortion would be allowed in the strictest states of the USA (for the moment) is when the mother will die upon giving birth. Women will eventually be forced to die giving birth eventually however.

Woman forced to give birth to baby without a skull.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
I guess medical privacy issues are not a thing at all in Italy. I read a book a while back by a English guy who married an Italian woman and he learned that family members can call a doc at anytime and get an update on their relative's medical status.

So I think that this was a family member who called to find out "what happened" and then put the cross there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login