Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Grief and stillborns in the fridge

Posted by cfdavep 
Grief and stillborns in the fridge
October 08, 2020
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/couples-care-stillborn-babies-weeks-164332192.html

I guess moos now can take weeks off to spend time with their stillborn sprogs. They can keep them in a fridge when they are not holding them or taking them out in the stroller in order to deal with the grieving process and even do this with miscarried clumps as they are not ready to say good-bye just yet. Also employers are supposed to give them time off work to do this. When did the collective psyche of humans shatter into this?
Re: Grief and stillborns in the fridge
October 08, 2020
WHY does anyone need more than a couple hours with a stillborn infant? Do people legitimately hold and snuggle an infant's corpse for WEEKS in an act of mourning?! Holy shit.

So it seems that grieving parents of stillborn children can rent special little refrigerators to preserve the corpse for a few weeks so they can take it out, cuddle it and take photos of it whenever they want without the body decompising. I just... what? This does not sound healthy in the slightest. How can these people get over the loss of their child if they have its dead body laying around in the house? And don't earthly remains have to be dealt with after a certain amount of time following the person's death? How do parents skirt around this to keep a cadaver in their homes for weeks and weeks?

I don't begrudge these people for mourning because it's never easy to lose a wanted child, but out of all the things mourning parents need after losing their baby, a fucking body freezer isn't one of them. This shit will create a really messed up form of dependence and indulgence because the parents will never be able to move on. And who decides how long the dead loaf stays in the fridge at home? What happens if the parents are in denial and still haven't tried to cope when someone comes along to collect the dead kid and the mini fridge?

Giving the parents a little time to say goodbye at the hospital is perfectly acceptable, but they should not be allowed to take the dead body home with them. What next? Getting their dead brats taxidermied so they never have to let them go? God, breeders are fucking nuts.
October 09, 2020
The thing is, is it is a hospice where people go to die...ie for the dying not the dead. It is not a place where people are supposed to be refrigerated for those who "just can't let go"
October 09, 2020
When I read something like this, I think: what are the husbands thinking in this situation?

I suspect some of them are going along with this behavior while privately thinking Wifey is a hormone-addled nutbag who wants to keep a corpse around the house.

And why would men go along with this? A guy once explained it to me: in marriage, women have half the money and all the poontang.

I used to work with a great, snarky guy. He actually told me how ridiculous it was that he had to pay $1400 for a casket when his wife lost a clump at around 20 weeks. She wanted a full blown funeral, etc. She eventually conceived again but was ADAMANT that they did not need a baby shower because it was their second kid and they could use stuff from the first kid. For being a Dud, he was a pretty sensible guy. This was also about 15 years ago, however.
October 10, 2020
That is beyond fucking creepy. I don't care how refrigerated they are, they have to be decaying at that point. I mean, I've lost enough pets to know that they change *fast*. It only takes a couple of minutes for them to look...different. Just minutes. And these people are holding onto fetuses for weeks? That doesn't sound like coping, that sounds like psychosis.
October 10, 2020
Maybe this is most of the reason why men try to power trip CF women with the mind changing in the future accusations. It could be the ones that they get involved with that show that some women are just kinda emotionally nutty.

A casket for a clump at 5 weeks, what is the birthdate? What is the death date if it died in the womb? did she want a plot and a tombstone, a huge one at the cemetary and if they kept miscarrying that could be a lot of plots
October 11, 2020
kittehpeoples
That is beyond fucking creepy. I don't care how refrigerated they are, they have to be decaying at that point. I mean, I've lost enough pets to know that they change *fast*. It only takes a couple of minutes for them to look...different. Just minutes. And these people are holding onto fetuses for weeks? That doesn't sound like coping, that sounds like psychosis.
They will decay if you keep them in there too long. I've watched Hoarders enough and had my fair share of cleaning leftovers out of the fridge, that refrigeration doesn't stop the decay clock, it just slows it down. You leave stuff in there too long, stuff dries out, mold grows, and meat starts to smell.

Hypothetically they could freeze-dry the body (like they do with pets) over refrigeration, but that can take months and prices differ depending on how big the body is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login