Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Save the Children" in the US

Posted by cfdavep 
"Save the Children" in the US
October 14, 2020
https://old.reddit.com/r/collapse/comments/jattag/a_tv_advertisement_i_get_t_holy_sht/

Someone on collapse from Australia saw a Save the Children type commerical on tv there for Aussies to send a monthly fee to Save the Children, in the US as they do with African kids. None of the collapse commenters that I saw yet mention bad breeding decisions
Re: "Save the Children" in the US
October 14, 2020
I glanced at my parents' newspaper today and on the editorial page there was one of those "boo hoo the children are falling through the cracks because of the pandemic" articles. I think what the pandemic is doing is exposing shitty parenting which already existed. Too many sorry excuses for parents completely relied on the schools to feed their kids and teach them absolutely everything, and failed to get them adequate healthcare and insurance. If society did it's best to look out for ALL its members, then I might buy some of that "it takes a village" stuff. But if the community in general thinks its okay for adults to be hungry, sick, homeless etc. then the children don't deserve any extra consideration. The shitty parents should be turned into CPS.
October 14, 2020
Children aren't the only living things on the planet, so why do only they need saving? I'm pretty sure there are PLENTY of adults and animals who need help too.

I have never been swayed by those goddamn "donate 20 cents a day to feed a starving African child" commercials because I know if I feed this child, it will have a higher likelihood of living to adulthood and making ten more starving children who also may stand a good chance of being born HIV positive. Plus, we need to figure out how to fix our own shit before we fix other people's shit.

But in places like Australia or the US or wherever, of course nobody dares suggest maybe just not having fucking kids so there won't be any kids to save. Dog forbid people get told they shouldn't breed because reproducing is a "basic human right" and anyone who wants to limit reproduction is a eugenics-loving Nazi. Doesn't matter if a kid grows up with no education, no food, no future, broke as shit, and living with neglectful or abusive parents, just so long as Mommy and Daddy get to make a mini-me with which to stroke their egos.
October 15, 2020
Cambion
But in places like Australia or the US or wherever, of course nobody dares suggest maybe just not having fucking kids so there won't be any kids to save. Dog forbid people get told they shouldn't breed because reproducing is a "basic human right" and anyone who wants to limit reproduction is a eugenics-loving Nazi. Doesn't matter if a kid grows up with no education, no food, no future, broke as shit, and living with neglectful or abusive parents, just so long as Mommy and Daddy get to make a mini-me with which to stroke their egos.

The GOP are not only encouraging irresponsible breeding, they are forcing the issue by denying women abortions for now and in the future birth control OF ANY KIND.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 15, 2020
ondinette
I glanced at my parents' newspaper today and on the editorial page there was one of those "boo hoo the children are falling through the cracks because of the pandemic" articles. I think what the pandemic is doing is exposing shitty parenting which already existed. Too many sorry excuses for parents completely relied on the schools to feed their kids and teach them absolutely everything, and failed to get them adequate healthcare and insurance. If society did it's best to look out for ALL its members, then I might buy some of that "it takes a village" stuff. But if the community in general thinks its okay for adults to be hungry, sick, homeless etc. then the children don't deserve any extra consideration. The shitty parents should be turned into CPS.

Exactly. Guess all those homeless people who don't have a kid in tow just aren't as good of news fodder. Apparently there is an expiration date on who can fall through the cracks, which is extended only in the event of one breeding. As long as welfare is heavily skewed towards breeders I won't support the "it takes a village" stuff.

Can you imagine how much better off college students would be if they would qualify for basic living expenses (food, shelter) while attending college? That alone would likely cut their student loans in half (within reason - as long as they attend a state school and not some private school @ $40K or more per year). Adults of all ages fall onto hard times and help shouldn't be dependent on their reproductive status.
October 16, 2020
Ever notice those donation suggestions at the checkout at many stores and websites? Almost all are "for the chyldryn". Maybe PetSmart has something for animals, but they are an exception.

I try to not donate at the store. I donate directly to animal shelters. That's how I roll.
October 18, 2020
I get a good laugh at all of those "Save the Children" ads on the minor cable TV stations I watch all the time. I always ask, "How about not having unprotected sex? Or wear a condom!" whenever I see them. I mean, they created their own problems then ask us from across the world to bail them out?
October 18, 2020
deegee
I get a good laugh at all of those "Save the Children" ads on the minor cable TV stations I watch all the time. I always ask, "How about not having unprotected sex? Or wear a condom!" whenever I see them. I mean, they created their own problems then ask us from across the world to bail them out?

In many areas there is NO sex education of any sort, including about condoms. It's like telling your dog to keep her tail over her butt.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 18, 2020
If we're going to step in and save people from reproductive errors, then it should be in the form of prevention and not trying to figure out how to fix the mess after it's made. HEAVILY encourage contraception and sterilization, and make them 100% free with or without insurance as well as making abortions more accessible (and even let women get them later than 20 weeks). No more goddamn abstinence only sex ed. Pay people for not having kids! Money motivates almost everybody and if you reward people for not reproducing, I guarantee more people would think a little harder about having kids.

The best way to save the children in any nation is to not let them be born. But so long as morons keep on giving breeders money for their mistakes, there is no incentive for them to stop.
October 18, 2020
Cambion
If we're going to step in and save people from reproductive errors, then it should be in the form of prevention and not trying to figure out how to fix the mess after it's made. HEAVILY encourage contraception and sterilization, and make them 100% free with or without insurance as well as making abortions more accessible (and even let women get them later than 20 weeks). No more goddamn abstinence only sex ed. Pay people for not having kids! Money motivates almost everybody and if you reward people for not reproducing, I guarantee more people would think a little harder about having kids.

The best way to save the children in any nation is to not let them be born. But so long as morons keep on giving breeders money for their mistakes, there is no incentive for them to stop.

Of course, you are correct, but the GOP wants lots of fodder for their eternal wars and will continue to do the exact opposite. The only hope for turning this polluted tide is a Democratic control of the United States government.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 18, 2020
Cambion

In a round about way, this subject has been visited. In early 1990's there was talk about flat tax. It would not pay people to not have kids directly, but it would not reduce tax for those who do have kids. Everyone was to pay the same. It was an awesome idea, but it lost traction.

In the days of Obamacare, we went in a right direction of birth control being fully covered by insurance. Female sterilization was covered as well, 100%. They stopped short of covering male sterilization, I never understood why. They made exceptions for employers that were religiously opposed, which, in my opinion, was bullshit. What if I am religiously opposed to wearing a face mask? Do I get a free pass? Of course not. Neither should any employers who employ people by making up bullshit.
October 19, 2020
Don't you wonder how an Australian TV ad to save US children would look? "This is Hayden-Snowflake. He's 10. He weighs 150 kilos because he's autistic and all he'll eat is donuts and french fries or else he'll scream and smear shit. Won't you please help Hayden-Snowflake's parents afford to keep the donuts and fries coming, mate?"

Where's Sam Kinison when we need him?
October 20, 2020
I don't think Australians really need to do that for the US. Every school district around here, especially Breed Hills, is still giving away free school box lunches. Oh, and the school property is going up next year. This is even though the kids go to school 2 days a week now so they have in school lunches and box lunches too. Why worry about feeding kids, they can just get free lunches.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login