Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More Dancing Around the Obvious Population problem

Posted by bell_flower 
More Dancing Around the Obvious Population problem
October 14, 2020
This opinion from Robert Walker of the Population Institute asks, Are We a Fatally Flawed Species? It states the obvious results of overpopulation but does not call out overpopulation. (Probably to soft-pedal the message and not offend the pronatalists.)

There are the usual mouth-breathing commenters about how GREAT humans are and we are going to dig ourselves out of this hopeless mess, but not all that many. (I guess Breeders don't read Newsweek.) Some people sound sane.

Humans cannot stop fighting with each other and so many of us regard Breeding as our Gawd Given RightTM, even as we are reaching the limits of what Earth can support.

I vote YES. And lurking Breeders, another great thing about being CF is the buck stops with me. I am not up at night wondering what my spawn will be facing in 50 years, or even 20 years.
Re: More Dancing Around the Obvious Population problem
October 14, 2020
I recently got addicted to Kitten Lady videos. At least some people are aware there are too many pets so we should spay and neuter the existing ones whenever possible. But even those people are usually blind to the effects of human overpopulation. I wish we could spay and neuter breeders.

Most people don't ever consider what kind of world their sprogs will inherit. Even the ones who do think their kids will somehow turn it all around and save the world. But usually the thought process does not go beyond "Me want baybee now!"
October 15, 2020
For the moment at least the families are getting smaller. The average American family has two kids, in the past they had 4.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 15, 2020
craftyzits
For the moment at least the families are getting smaller. The average American family has two kids, in the past they had 4.

I've read lots of hand wringing articles about this population drop but the truth is we are still operating at 100% replacement level at the current birth rate. The current birth rate simply doesn't support any pyramid schemes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login