Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Man refuses to let police rescue his child from a hot car

Posted by Cambion 
Man refuses to let police rescue his child from a hot car
October 25, 2020
https://www.fox13news.com/news/toddler-dies-in-hot-car-after-father-refused-to-let-officers-break-window-las-vegas-police-say.amp

The gist is a guy locked his keys in his car, which also contained his kid (1-2 years old, depending on the source), and he refused to let the cops break the window to save the child because it was a new car (as in just purchased, not sure if brand new) and he couldn't afford a new window.

Eventually, the police just broke the window anyway, but the kid had already been in the car in nearly 100-degree outdoor heat for about two hours by then and it died before paramedics arrived.

I imagine a child whose life is worth less to its own parent than a replacement window probably didn't have a bright future to look forward to, but it's still a shitty way to die.

Article
LAS VEGAS - Police in Las Vegas arrested a father after they say he refused to let anyone break the window of his new car to save his dying baby, who was locked inside the hot vehicle.

According to a police report obtained by the Las Vegas Review-Journal, 27-year-old Sidney Deal had locked his keys in the car Monday afternoon, while his 1-year-old daughter Sayah was inside.

Deal flagged down officers for help, but when an officer offered to break the window and call for a locksmith, Deal declined and asked to call his brother instead, FOX 5 Las Vegas reports.

According to the arrest report, Deal told his brother he had just purchased the car and didn't have money to fix a broken window.

Police said he also declined to have a tow truck come to the scene, because he didn't agree with the cost.

After several minutes, the officers smashed the window anyway and pulled out the unresponsive toddler. Police said the little girl died before paramedics arrived on the scene, according to FOX 5.

Outdoor temperatures reached the mid-90s at the time in Las Vegas, according to the National Weather Service.

It's unknown exactly how long Sayah was in the hot car, but neighbor Shellie Ratliff told the Review-Journal it took about two hours before the window was broken. She said police had asked her for a clothes hanger to use to try and unlock the car door.

The Clark County coroner has not ruled on the girl's cause of death.

Deal was arrested for felony child abuse and is expected to appear in court Thursday.

Another article has the Duh's mommy sticking up for him, saying that letting his child die a completely preventable death in a hot car was in no way negligent and that he lurrrved his child. Yeah I'm sure, he apparently just loved his car a little more... or, you know, it was intentional and he thinks he'll save face by saying he was poor.

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-news/web-extra-sidney-deals-mother-speaks-out-says-son-was-not-negligent-in-his-daughters-death/
Re: Man refuses to let police rescue his child from a hot car
October 25, 2020
Poor my ass. You don't buy a brand-new car if you're poor.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 25, 2020
I’m shocked that the police didn’t smash the window immediately. Could they really have gotten in trouble for smashing the car window while the kid was in the process of roasting to death?

I wouldn’t be surprised to see moo and duh sue them for not smashing the window, and letting the kid die. Cue duhddie crying: “I didn’t know the kid could roast to death! They should have warned me!”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
October 26, 2020
I've had training as a locksmith including what to do in a life-and-death emergency.

Guess what a locksmith would have done in this situation. If you said, "He/she would have smashed the window to rescue the kid," go to the head of the class. Today's cars are designed to resist thieves, so bypassing locks takes time and special tools. The kid didn't have the time. Locksmith training is to smash or break whatever it takes to save a life.
October 26, 2020
Dior shirt, Gucci belt. My guess is it is a BMW car?
The a/c was supposedly on while this drama played out.
Perhaps he had been obsessing over owning the car for much longer than he has had a daughter?
My guess is he may be a bit OCD, a bit young and naive about kids in hot cars and love designer brands more than his daughter.
Bail was posted, so money couldn't have been the problem.
Plus Gucci belts and Dior shirts both start at over $300. Or perhaps he is only "poor" after paying for the designer wardrobe and new car?

Years ago a co-worker of mine had been obsessed with BMWs and wanted one forever. About the time he had saved enough to afford one and started bragging about it at work his girlfriend wound up pregnant. He was also 27 and ended up buying some breedmobile instead. He had a complete personality change: he was a flirty, outgoing happy guy who was always pleasant to be around and he turned into a very whiny unhappy guy. He remained completely bitter from then on and it got much worse once the loaf arrived. He non-stop whined about the costs of a loaf. The other dads at work tried to console him but he absolutely hated everything about the experience.
October 26, 2020
freya
Years ago a co-worker of mine had been obsessed with BMWs and wanted one forever. About the time he had saved enough to afford one and started bragging about it at work his girlfriend wound up pregnant. He was also 27 and ended up buying some breedmobile instead. He had a complete personality change: he was a flirty, outgoing happy guy who was always pleasant to be around and he turned into a very whiny unhappy guy. He remained completely bitter from then on and it got much worse once the loaf arrived. He non-stop whined about the costs of a loaf. The other dads at work tried to console him but he absolutely hated everything about the experience.

It's even worse now for your co-irker after the pandemic!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 26, 2020

I wouldn’t be surprised to see moo and duh sue them for not smashing the window, and letting the kid die. Cue duhddie crying: “I didn’t know the kid could roast to death! They should have warned me!”

I had the same thoughts!

It's weird that the police waited--perhaps the parunt was combative?
Didn’t the find that the child died via strangulation and he tried to cover it as a Li’l Sizzler death? He had an argument with his girlfriend and I guess he decided to kill the baby in retaliation.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
October 26, 2020
paragon schnitzophonic
Didn’t the find that the child died via strangulation and he tried to cover it as a Li’l Sizzler death? He had an argument with his girlfriend and I guess he decided to kill the baby in retaliation.

If that's the case the name brand life is DEFINITELY over!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 26, 2020
paragon schnitzophonic

If this is true it would explain everything that happened with the car and why he refused to break a window.
October 26, 2020
paragon schnitzophonic

That's the local rumor. Daily fail says he had 5 previous CPS interfaces.

paragon schnitzophonic

That would definitely explain a lot, and I wasn't able to watch it on my crummy internet, but there is a video on YouTube allegedly showing the guy intentionally locking his kid in the car.

Even the poorest motherfucker would be okay with losing a car window in order to save their child's life (if they gave a crap about the kid, that is), so I don't know who he's kidding. Judging by his mommy's immediate defense of her dumpling, I can only assume he's a momma's boy too.

According to an article from the 14th of this month, the father is currently under house arrest. This is the most recent update I've found.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/father-of-toddler-who-died-in-locked-car-released-on-house-arrest-2149998/

Article
Sidney Deal, 28, was arrested Oct. 6 and charged with child abuse resulting in substantial bodily harm. He posted bail last Thursday, and a judge ordered that he be released to high-level electronic monitoring, court records show.

According to his arrest report, Deal flagged down a passing patrol car around 3:30 p.m. on Oct. 5 after he realized his keys were locked in the car with his daughter, Sayah.

The report said Deal rejected their offers to break the window or call a tow truck or locksmith and said he just needed to call his brother. Deal’s brother told police Sidney Deal called and asked for their mother’s insurance information after locking his keys in the car but said the air conditioning was still running so the infant would be fine.

When Deal’s brother arrived, he told police, “He immediately took his shirt off, wrapped it around his knuckles and was ready to punch the window,” according to the report. “Sidney stopped him and said he wanted to wait for a tow truck. Sidney insisted he not damage his new vehicle, stating he had just bought the car and did not have the money to repair a broken window.”

Deal’s girlfriend told police that she spent 23 minutes on hold with a locksmith but that Deal didn’t like the price the locksmith gave so he denied the services.

After about an hour, officers smashed a window and took the child out, but her body was in “rigor mortis,” the arrest report said. Her cause and manner of death are still pending with the Clark County coroner’s office.

Deal is expected back in court Dec. 3.

So this guy had multiple opportunities to get the kid out of the car and he refused them all. Also, why did he need his mother's insurance information if it was his car? That makes no sense. Probably just doing everything he could to stall, but if that was the case, why'd he even flag down a patrol car in the first place? If he intended to carry out a PNA, why call attention to himself? Maybe someone saw him and he tried to save face by calling the cops over? In any case, he doesn't sound very smart.

Did he kill the kid in the car, or did he kill it somewhere else and then pack it into the car to play it off as a hot car death later? If he strangled the kid, then there will be evidence of it on the kid's body. It's not like bruises on the kid's neck would go unnoticed by the coroner since it's kinda their job to look for that kind of thing. Does attempting to make an intentional murder look like an accidental death count as tampering with evidence?

Why was he so insistent on calling a tow truck? Did he really think the driver would see the dead kid in the backseat and proceed to tow the car away anyway and leave it at the garage? He must have known the kid was already dead, but his refusal to do anything resembling rescuing the kid didn't do him any favors. Plus, if he was so worried about hurting his precious brand new car, why would he leave a body in it? Between the odors and the fluids that will inevitably come out of a corpse, it sure wasn't going to improve the state of his vehicle. Did he intend to replace new car smell with new corpse smell in time for Halloween or something?

Also, rigor mortis takes hours to show up, ranging from two to six hours, sometimes longer. So who knows how long the kid had been dead before it wound up in Duh's new car. Maybe that's another reason he didn't want anyone getting into the car - the kid's body was probably starting to smell at that point and the stench would have hit whomever busted the window like a truck.

And yep, this article states that this exemplary Duh had run-ins with CPS before, but that the reports were "unsubstantiated."

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/courts/family-of-man-charged-in-toddlers-death-was-subject-of-abuse-complaints-2143196/

Seems the Duh also has two sons and the mother of these two attempted to get sole custody of them and that Duh should not be allowed to see them at all, citing domestic violence, harassment and CPS involvement as reasons. Welp, I think murdering your child and trying to play it off as a tragic mishap will help steer that custody battle in the mother's favor.
October 28, 2020
I looked at the second article that Cambion posted and there is a video of this guy's mother. (I read the text the first time and missed the video.)

The mother says she's a doctor and she raised her son right, etc. and that he was 27 years old and had a car and a job, etc. and that he had custody of the kid, although another article reads that he shared custody.

It sounds like the normal Moo speak: "MY SON IS A PERFECT ANGEL." How does a perfect angel have so many CPS visits and court trouble with domestic violence and oh, now it appears he just offed his toddler through negligence? And he didn't want to break his car window? (note: The articles read that he told the cops the air conditioning was on and the kid was okay.)

This is from one of the articles:

In October 2018, Porcha Henderson, the mother of Deal’s two sons, filed a lawsuit in District Court requesting sole custody of the boys, who were 1 and 3 at the time. In her reasons, she cited domestic violence and CPS involvement. The lawsuit was filed one month after one of the five CPS reports alleging abuse.

So it appears this guy had a five year old and a three year old and was in a custody/domestic violence dispute, yet another woman thought he was an attractive prospect as a father? Even if woman #1 is being vindictive and making stuff up (one of the articles states that abuse was not found in one case, but they do not specify which household) doesn't this guy have enough to keep him busy dealing with his TWO KIDS with one woman before making a kid with another woman?

Guys like this always find another dumb woman to enable them don't they? And then there is his mom who is defending his every action.
October 31, 2020
It was my understanding that police had "exigent circumstances" to do what is necessary (ie break car window against owners wishes) to save a life in immediate peril.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/exigent_circumstances#:~:
text=Exigent%20circumstances%20-%20%22circumstances%20that%20would,some%20other%20conse

Mod note: line break added to avoid interpolation of Mr. T. emoji. Remove the line break for the correct link.
November 06, 2020
And you would be totally amazed at how many Pahrunts really think Shitston is nothing but a Coach Handbag With Legs(TM Pending)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login