Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

12-year-old dies from cardiac arrest secondary to long-term lice infestation

Posted by Cambion 
These parents allowed their child to have a lice infestation for 3 years without treatment.

https://www.thatviralfeed.com/12-year-old-girl-s-parents-arrested-after-she-died-from-cardiac-arrest-triggered-from-severe-lice-infestation/96016/?pid=0&utm_campaign=social&utm_medium=stopmediocrity&utm_source=social

12-year-old girl Kaitlyn's parents have been charged with second-degree murder after the girl was found dead in her home. Not only that, but Mary Katherine “Katie” Horton, 37, and Joey Yozviak, 38, are also charged with second-degree child cruelty.

The little girl, from Georgia, died from cardiac arrest and anemia. Upon investigation, it was revealed that at the time of the girl's death, she had “the most severe” lice infestation. This was testified by Georgia Bureau of Investigation Special Agent Ryan Hilton who said that he had never seen such a severe lice infestation before.

#2 The girl had the lice problem for the past three years

The officer further told that the lice problem continued -on and off- for three years which is most likely the reason the girl's blood iron levels were so low and she suffered from anemia.

The couple was charged with the second-degree murder after there was enough evidence for the murder charges to go forward to a grand jury, according to the Wilkinson County Superior Court Judge Brenda Trammell.

#3 The mother told the girl hadn't bathed for at least a week and a half before her death

The mother, Mary Katherine, told the authorities that her daughter had not bathed for at least a week and a half before her demise.

When the mother found her daughter unresponsive on August 26, she called 911. The girl was rushed to Milledgeville hospital where she was pronounced dead.

#4 The cause of death was cardiac arrest and anemia

The cause of death of the little girl was listed as cardiac arrest with a secondary cause being severe anemia, according to the report of news station WMAZ-TV.

#5 The girl's mattress was covered with vermin, the officials told

When the authorities reached the girl's house after she was pronounced dead, they found vermin all over the mattress, stuffed animals, and other furniture in her bedroom.

https://www.crimeonline.com/2020/09/01/the-worst-weve-ever-seen-12-year-old-dies-from-excessive-pain-negligence-caused-by-her-own-parents-police/

A father and mother have been arrested, following the death of a 12-year-old Georgia girl.

CBS 13 reports that authorities responded to a home in Wilkerson County last week in response to a call about an unresponsive child. Upon arrival, first responders rushed Kaitlyn Yozviak to the hospital where she was pronounced dead.

“I was mind-blown when I saw her laying there, so that took a lot out of me knowing the child was unresponsive,” Ivey Police Chief Untimothy Roby said.

Doomsday, death & deception: Nancy Grace investigates “Cult Mom” Lori Vallow. Inside sources reveal brand new bombshell information. Click here to watch.

According to police, the child’s mother, Mary Katherine Horton, made the call to police but investigators say that the mother’s extreme negligence caused the girl excruciating pain, which eventually killed her. Investigators declined to go into further details at this time except to say it was the worst they’ve ever seen.

Georgia Bureau of Investigation Special Agent in Charge, Mary Chandler, said the family had long-standing cases with the Georgia Department of Family and Children Services.

“Basically there’s a history with Department of Family and Children Services in a number of counties in this area since the child has been born,” Chandler said.

On Thursday, Horton was arrested for second-degree murder and child abuse in connection with the case. The child’s father was arrested several days later and charged with child abuse.

Chandler added that the child may have still been alive if not for the COVID-19 pandemic that kept her out of school.

“I do believe that due to the mandate reporters and teachers in the school system which are phenomenal and the people that see kids every day they save lives every day. Due to the fact that this child has not been at school since February, I do believe that’s the cause of her death,” Chandler said.

I didn't quite know what lice did besides make you itchy, and I found out that they feed off the blood on your scalp. This 12-year-old girl died of cardiac arrest that was secondary to severe anemia and possibly also severe pain (not sure which was more responsible, also not sure if the girl had existing heart issues). So the kid was so full of lice for one quarter of her life at that point that sucked so much blood out of her that she wound up with a bad enough iron deficiency that it triggered cardiac arrest from which she did not recover.

I was pissed off before hearing that some schools will allow kids to keep coming back with lice to prevent hurty fee-fees, but I had no idea this could happen. I imagine this is still a very rare complication of a lice infestation, but the fact that this girl's parents neglected her so much that they wouldn't even try to treat her lice even by simply shaving her head (yeah that's a shit solution, but it's a last resort option) speaks volumes about what pieces of complete shit they are. If they let her get this bad, I imagine it's not the only way they neglected her.

Other things I read suggested the family has a history with CPS/Social Services and her two brothers had been removed from the home already, and another couple was in line to adopt the girl, but she died before they could.

Oh, but we are the monsters in this world for choosing to not make children. I'm glad to know that I am automatically a worse person than these parents simply for intentionally not procreating.
Cambion
Oh, but we are the monsters in this world for choosing to not make children. I'm glad to know that I am automatically a worse person than these parents simply for intentionally not procreating.

Ahhh, but you're the 'bad' person because you aren't shitting out cannon fodder.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!

Chandler added that the child may have still been alive if not for the COVID-19 pandemic that kept her out of school.

“I do believe that due to the mandate reporters and teachers in the school system which are phenomenal and the people that see kids every day they save lives every day. Due to the fact that this child has not been at school since February, I do believe that’s the cause of her death,” Chandler said.

Um, bullshit? She had a lice infestation for THREE YEARS but it was a few months off school that killed her? No. She should have been yanked out of that house in the first year when it became obvious her parents weren't going to treat her.
The woman who gave the interview needs to be better schooled.

Not being in school (and the parent's move to a new county in February) meant the child's condition was not recognized by a mandatory reporter and moving to a new county probably caused a hiccup in wellness checks, but make no mistake, her piece of shit "parents" CAUSED her death.

They were living in a decent house too. These people were not indigent. That poor kid.

It's just more proof that one's reproductive organs can work fine without brains or common sense.
Horrible abuse and neglect of children happens constantly, but NOPE, let's not encourage contraception, sterilization, or abortion! Because this is what can happen when people who don't want kids have them anyway. But who cares, right? Because being born in order to have this kind of a life is obviously so much better than being aborted or prevented entirely! eye rolling smiley

I suppose the kid's lice infestation didn't go unnoticed by teachers during the years she had it, but the more severe effects it had probably didn't manifest until distance learning started. I don't know if ignoring your child's lice is grounds enough to call CPS either, so the teachers who knew she was full of bugs might have been powerless to do anything in the absence of other signs of neglect.

Apparently she was removed from the house by CPS, but was returned a few days later because keeping famblees together is more important than helping kids who are in danger. Everyone failed this poor kid, but I know that CPS is so busy trying to deal with all the other asshole parents abusing/neglecting/raping their kids all the time that a lot of these kids slip through the cracks.

She had a horrible death, but at least her parents can't hurt her anymore. I hope they both get fucking life sentences so they don't make anymore kids to neglect to death.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login