Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CF women waiting until the Supreme Court is taken over by conservatives..

Posted by cfdavep 
CF women waiting until the Supreme Court is taken over by conservatives..
October 27, 2020
...to get tubals and vasectomies. There is a rush on over at reddit/cf since that Amy Barret was nominated as if it was medical Black Friday. I was wondering if people were going to get it done anyways, why wait until a SC nightmare to hit before making a move risking the possibility that as time goes by it could get progressively harder to find a doc to do the procedure. Isn't that kinda like looking to install AC in your house in the middle of July in the middle of a heat wave when everyone is busy. There is a rush on over there though

Also it looks as though the SC will be going affter IVF because it is not a natural way to have kids and the cf-redditers don't like that people will be denied IVF in the face of endless kids to adopt
I saw this shit in 2014 and got rid of my baby oven and ovaries then!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Re: CF women waiting until the Supreme Court is taken over by conservatives..
October 27, 2020
I guess a lot of people like to put off unpleasant things. It's expensive, it's surgery...easy to procrastinate when abortion is a backup, I suppose. I didn't bother trying to get sterilized in my 20s, even though I knew I didn't want kids. It just never seemed like a priority at that time, I figured I could just keep using contraceptives.

Or maybe some women have been trying all along only to meet paternalistic doctors, and they're hoping that now that their fears seem more legitimate, some might be persuaded to actually offer the service.
yurble
Or maybe some women have been trying all along only to meet paternalistic doctors, and they're hoping that now that their fears seem more legitimate, some might be persuaded to actually offer the service.

No, the doctors won't help you as they feel 20 brats is right for every woman regardless.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Well, Texas is appearing to turn blue this time around. I am thinking balance is going to be found somewhere, somehow. At the end of the day, it's not everyday Republican or everyday Democrat voters that call an election. It is the swing voters that make it happen, although by a relatively thin margin.
Re: CF women waiting until the Supreme Court is taken over by conservatives..
November 04, 2020
Looks like swing voters have taken it blue. We should be ok with birth control and abortions, for now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login