Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Downy was rejected from sororities, outrage ensues

Posted by ladybug2203 
Downy was rejected from sororities, outrage ensues
October 28, 2020
https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2018/10/02/sororities-reject-student-down-syndrome-calling-diversity-pledge-question

Not a fan of greek system, but being accepted into a chapter isn't a "right." I don't blame them at all for not wanting to tard-sit. They want to be treated normally, many "normal" people don't get bids
Re: Downy was rejected from sororities, outrage ensues
October 28, 2020
ladybug2203
https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2018/10/02/sororities-reject-student-down-syndrome-calling-diversity-pledge-question

Not a fan of greek system, but being accepted into a chapter isn't a "right." I don't blame them at all for not wanting to tard-sit. They want to be treated normally, many "normal" people don't get bids

Tards need to make their own club.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 28, 2020
craftyzits
ladybug2203

Tards need to make their own club.

Why do tards and their families think being treated normally=getting your way at all times and never being rejected/turned down?
October 28, 2020
ladybug2203
Why do tards and their families think being treated normally=getting your way at all times and never being rejected/turned down?

Tards and their families want equality, but only when it benefits the tard. They don't want their ickle herpaderps "segregated" from the normie brats, so we get mainstreaming. But then they want the tard to receive special privileges because they're tards, such as getting to jump the line at amusement parks and not facing consequences for bad behavior that a normal child would face. Tard parents like the ability to pick and choose when the tard is treated equally to its normal peers and when they get special treatment because of their disabilities.

Why do these people automatically think this tard was rejected by the sorority because of Down syndrome? Did they stop to think that maybe she just didn't meet their standards in general? Sororities and fraternities can be a bitch to get into, and while I have a feeling that she probably was rejected because she's a tard (because you know the sorority would have been the campus laughingstock for letting the tard in), it's dumb to make that assumption.

So let me guess, the tard's famblee and a load of other people will try to shame the school into forcing the chapter to let her in to save face? The other girls will probably treat her like crap to get her to leave on her own if they're forced to accept her. Tardlina needs to learn that part of being treated equally/normally means occasionally not getting your own way.
October 28, 2020
Forget the question of why she didn't get into the sorority...what about the question of how the hell she got into college? I thought the only way dim-witted people got in was if their parents bought a building on their behalf. (The article describes her as "intelligent" - in what world is that the case?) It pretty much makes a mockery of higher education if everyone and their dog qualifies for it.
October 29, 2020
yurble
Forget the question of why she didn't get into the sorority...what about the question of how the hell she got into college? I thought the only way dim-witted people got in was if their parents bought a building on their behalf. (The article describes her as "intelligent" - in what world is that the case?) It pretty much makes a mockery of higher education if everyone and their dog qualifies for it.

It is remotely possible this is a very high functioning Downy, but I doubt that she would get into a university if she didn't have a rich moo, duh, or both. When I went to Junior College, we had a section devoted to developmental problems and other sorts of disabled people. They were on the facility too, although not the developmentally off versions. There was a wide range, on the high end was one teacher (name I forget) who was sharp as a whip but had shriveled legs. On the low end was a girl who basically did nothing but scratch at her face all day and grunt.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 29, 2020
Cambion
ladybug2203

Tards and their families want equality, but only when it benefits the tard. They don't want their ickle herpaderps "segregated" from the normie brats, so we get mainstreaming. But then they want the tard to receive special privileges because they're tards, such as getting to jump the line at amusement parks and not facing consequences for bad behavior that a normal child would face. Tard parents like the ability to pick and choose when the tard is treated equally to its normal peers and when they get special treatment because of their disabilities.

Why do these people automatically think this tard was rejected by the sorority because of Down syndrome? Did they stop to think that maybe she just didn't meet their standards in general? Sororities and fraternities can be a bitch to get into, and while I have a feeling that she probably was rejected because she's a tard (because you know the sorority would have been the campus laughingstock for letting the tard in), it's dumb to make that assumption.

So let me guess, the tard's famblee and a load of other people will try to shame the school into forcing the chapter to let her in to save face? The other girls will probably treat her like crap to get her to leave on her own if they're forced to accept her. Tardlina needs to learn that part of being treated equally/normally means occasionally not getting your own way.

Here's what normal treatment looks like: You have to wait in line, if your favorite food or product is no longer made by the company they won't continue to make it just for you, sometimes restaurants or grocery stores will be out of the item you want, sometimes you don't get the job or get laid off/fired, if you don't pay your rent you'll be evicted, sometimes you get dumped by a significant other, sometimes you go through periods in your life with few or no friends, sometimes you get estranged from family members, and if you assault someone you'll be arrested and prosecuted.

Welcome to normal treatment
October 29, 2020
yurble

George Mason Univ (where this person attends) has a special program for people with disabilities. That's the program she was accepted to.

OK.

The university let her attend its special program, but that doesn't mean that sororities will accept her into their organizations. Frats and sororities are just big social clubs for the cool people so she shouldn't be surprised that they don't want to socialize with a Downs Syndrome person on a daily or weekly basis. And that is their right.
October 29, 2020
Peace
The university let her attend its special program, but that doesn't mean that sororities will accept her into their organizations. Frats and sororities are just big social clubs for the cool people so she shouldn't be surprised that they don't want to socialize with a Downs Syndrome person on a daily or weekly basis. And that is their right.

Frats and sororities place a lot of stock on a 'normal' appearance and Downy people do not have that. This girl should be sat down and have this explained to her. There are other clubs and organizations that would accept her depending on her skills and talents.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 29, 2020
Peace
yurble

George Mason Univ (where this person attends) has a special program for people with disabilities. That's the program she was accepted to.

OK.

It seems crazy to me to lower the expectations of university to pursue the notion that everyone, regardless of intellectual ability, needs to attend. (It also belies the claim that she is "smart" if she needs to attend a special program. I have yet to meet anyone with this condition who even qualifies as average in intellect.) What is the possible benefit of attending university, as opposed to trade school or another institution that offers continuing education? College is not for everyone. It isn't only about having sufficient intelligence, but also about pursuing a career that requires further education.

This feels like "mainstreaming" to me. As usual, the smarter people get screwed as their degrees and work become less valuable, when every moron can have a degree from the institution.
October 29, 2020

Here's what normal treatment looks like: You have to wait in line, if your favorite food or product is no longer made by the company they won't continue to make it just for you, sometimes restaurants or grocery stores will be out of the item you want, sometimes you don't get the job or get laid off/fired, if you don't pay your rent you'll be evicted, sometimes you get dumped by a significant other, sometimes you go through periods in your life with few or no friends, sometimes you get estranged from family members, and if you assault someone you'll be arrested and prosecuted

Cambion's post and the above are beautiful things. Sometimes life sucks because you are HUMAN.

And here is the most adult attitude of all: Love only those who love you. If someone doesn't want to be with me, I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince them otherwise and it's their loss.
October 29, 2020
bell_flower

Here's what normal treatment looks like: You have to wait in line, if your favorite food or product is no longer made by the company they won't continue to make it just for you, sometimes restaurants or grocery stores will be out of the item you want, sometimes you don't get the job or get laid off/fired, if you don't pay your rent you'll be evicted, sometimes you get dumped by a significant other, sometimes you go through periods in your life with few or no friends, sometimes you get estranged from family members, and if you assault someone you'll be arrested and prosecuted

Cambion's post and the above are beautiful things. Sometimes life sucks because you are HUMAN.

And here is the most adult attitude of all: Love only those who love you. If someone doesn't want to be with me, I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince them otherwise and it's their loss.

Tards definition of "normal treatment", skipping lines, being able to assault people with no consequences, getting an "effort" trophy, having discontinued products made just for you, and never being rejected.

Aaa and if hypothetically you still suffer a consequence for a "transgression," mommy and daddy will make it go away ????
October 30, 2020
I asked about sororities when I was in high school (because I knew nothing about them) and was told not everyone will get a bid. Some may get numerous bids. Sororities are pretty much the antithesis of inclusivity and though they may state differently it is likely just to avoid a lawsuit.

Maybe she could try modeling next. bemused eye roll

From this link: https://themighty.com/2018/09/down-syndrome-sorority-george-mason-university-anncatherine-heigl/

poster
What this doesn't address is the fact that she received 2 bids from 2 different sororities but decided to turn them down. She did not get her first 2 choices and therefore refused the 2 that did actually extend their invitation to have her join their sisterhood.

The plot thickens on this one! I'm guessing she wanted to get into her legacy but I knew women in college who did not pledge their legacy. I didn't ask if it was by choice or not but I did hear a legacy isn't an automatic in. It can also be about house capacity, how many seniors just graduated, etc.

Cambion

Exactly! I get the feeling no one has ever hurt her feelings without moo or duh running interference in the name of "inclusiveness."
October 30, 2020
and now, in the day of the ccp virus, I'm seeing and hearing lots of the whiny moos about their tardleys in these homes not getting what they are entitled to. standing with their defectos, mooing that the school is disrupted, they aren't getting the attention they need/deserve.
Never mind the normal kids struggling through who will eventually be paying the taxes to support the tards. they have to do it on their own many times. and their own parents whining about having to keep them around. oops, they are being denied going to screwy'all because of the ccp virus.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
October 30, 2020

What this doesn't address is the fact that she received 2 bids from 2 different sororities but decided to turn them down. She did not get her first 2 choices and therefore refused the 2 that did actually extend their invitation to have her join their sisterhood.

Whaaaaat? Her sister that supposedly posted this is in law school. How's that fact checking coming along?

And people wonder why every is so tired of all the "outrage" on the web?
October 31, 2020
yurble
Peace
yurble

OK.

It seems crazy to me to lower the expectations of university to pursue the notion that everyone, regardless of intellectual ability, needs to attend. (It also belies the claim that she is "smart" if she needs to attend a special program. I have yet to meet anyone with this condition who even qualifies as average in intellect.) What is the possible benefit of attending university, as opposed to trade school or another institution that offers continuing education? College is not for everyone. It isn't only about having sufficient intelligence, but also about pursuing a career that requires further education.

This feels like "mainstreaming" to me. As usual, the smarter people get screwed as their degrees and work become less valuable, when every moron can have a degree from the institution.

You won't get any disagreement from me on this, yurble. That's why I said, "OK." It's a basic, nondescript answer that I give when I have nothing good to say about the situation.
November 01, 2020
I would guess there are people with physical disabilities who may have a better chance of getting into a sorority. Sororities typically expect their members to have high GPAs even if some members are intent on a Mrs. Degree. The fact that she is below average in intellect (because Downy) could easily be enough to keep her out of any sorority.

Her sister describes her as "intelligent." Either her sister is one of those who dole out compliments on intelligence to any sentient being or what she really means (but won't say) is intelligent for a downy.

There is no shortage of morons running around describing anyone who they perceive (from their unqualified position to make this judgement call) as more intelligent than themselves as "intelligent". I fight the urge to roll my eyes any time I hear someone described as "intelligent."
November 01, 2020

What the what, I missed that part. So this bitch is pissing and moaning about just not getting into her chosen sorority, not that everyone's being a meanie-head to her because she's a tard. Fuck her, I had maaaaaybe a fraction of a hint of a whisper of sympathy for her before, but nope, not anymore.

Not everyone gets what they want in life. Sometimes the school you really want to attend rejects you. Sometimes you get turned down for your dream job. Sometimes the person you vote for doesn't become president. This is all part of being the normal person she wants everyone to see her as.

To be fair, a LOOOOOOT of college kids who aren't clinically disabled are still dumb as shit, so maybe it really doesn't make sense for them to keep someone out of their fraternities/sororities on the basis of mental capacity. Because aside from how goofy Downy tards look, I guarantee all of them act like fucking retards on a daily basis.
November 06, 2020
I attended a private women's college which did not have a sorority system before attending a state University.

I was more interested in making the grade (yeah I'm a bit of an overachiever LOL) than buying friends through the Greek system.

There are plenty of professional organizations college students can join while on the path of their career. Make valuable LinkedIn connections instead of wasting tuition dollars on Greek parties and the like.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login