Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Weird letter from Jehovah's witness praying for my dotter

Posted by freya 
Weird letter from Jehovah's witness praying for my dotter
November 01, 2020
A few weeks ago I received a hand written letter from a person who identified herself as a Jehovah's witness I'd had a conversation with. It was creepy because it came to my address and the letter was addressed to me on a first name basis, which assumes some level of intimacy beyond a random person.

The letter included some links to various Jehovah's witness communication and a "personal note" where she would be praying for my dotter following our conversation (the delusional conversation that only occurred in her head).

So, several delusional aspects to this letter: I haven't had a conversation with a JW, have no brats and wouldn't give out my address or last name. the world 'fail' on flames

I would guess JW assume EVERYONE with a street address (and no apartment #) has at least one brat bemused eye roll so they have at least a 50% chance of being correct if they assume either a dotter or sun.
Re: Weird letter from Jehovah's witness praying for my dotter
November 01, 2020
A few months ago I got a handwritten letter from someone I have never heard of. They claimed to live near me and wanted to tell me about Christianity. They made no mention of kids, but still it was weird to get a handwritten letter from a stranger who knew my name and address. All these religious types are nuts. thinks someone else is crazy
November 02, 2020
Check the letter. It might not actually be handwritten. Some computer typefaces are made to look convincingly like handwriting, and the sender will print the message in blue to make it look as if a common blue pen wrote it.

I noticed this years ago on some junk-mail envelopes addressed to me personally. Invariably those were from someone trying to sell something or ask for money. Seeing something that looks handwritten instead of run off a printer makes some people more likely to open the envelope or read the message, I guess.

"Dotter"— hysterical laughter
November 02, 2020
maybe they were from Nigeria?? got lots of dotters there... any crossers??? (t)

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
November 02, 2020
The ranks of religious sects have got to be running thin. These sound like desperate attempts to recruit. They are shooting from the hip, hoping to score another toy at the carnival.
November 02, 2020
freya
A few weeks ago I received a hand written letter from a person who identified herself as a Jehovah's witness I'd had a conversation with. It was creepy because it came to my address and the letter was addressed to me on a first name basis, which assumes some level of intimacy beyond a random person.

The letter included some links to various Jehovah's witness communication and a "personal note" where she would be praying for my dotter following our conversation (the delusional conversation that only occurred in her head).

So, several delusional aspects to this letter: I haven't had a conversation with a JW, have no brats and wouldn't give out my address or last name. the world 'fail' on flames

I would guess JW assume EVERYONE with a street address (and no apartment #) has at least one brat bemused eye roll so they have at least a 50% chance of being correct if they assume either a dotter or sun.

Check free internet searches on yourself. I know a couple with a dog. That dog has a common girls' name. Internet searches show that they are a couple with a child (a girl) Churches probably comb through internet searches, seeking new pockets to empty members. People with kids are usually easier targets.
November 02, 2020
I got a letter like this...it did not refer to a dotter (lol) but it appeared to be handwritten (was probably a good computer fake) and it referred to me by name. It was about weight loss. I guess marketing people know I'm female, over 50 and live in the suburbs, so they figured I'm looking to lose weight.
November 02, 2020
I've actually GOT some fake handwriting fonts downloaded into my LibreOffice. I find 'em handy for creating memes, but they'd also prove handy for the assholes you describe.

I've got fake handwriting fonts too.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 03, 2020
Techie
freya

Check free internet searches on yourself. I know a couple with a dog. That dog has a common girls' name. Internet searches show that they are a couple with a child (a girl) Churches probably comb through internet searches, seeking new pockets to empty members. People with kids are usually easier targets.

I had a cat with a "human" type name, and I got junk mail from children's product companies for her. Likely the same stuff. Not sure how they got my cat's name though!
November 04, 2020
randomcfchick
Techie

I had a cat with a "human" type name, and I got junk mail from children's product companies for her. Likely the same stuff. Not sure how they got my cat's name though!

Simple. Let's say your last name is Jones and your cat's (or dog's, etc.) name is Sally. If you fill a prescription for your pet at a regular chain pharmacy, the prescription will read "Sally Jones". Guess what! The pharmacy will sell that info with your address to marketers. Now you start to get junk mail for Sally Jones. The marketers have no idea that's your catster, not your dotter. hysterical laughter

Veterinarians might not have all pets' meds in stock, so they will write prescriptions and refer you to a pharmacy when needed. Probably the vet isn't selling your info, but CVS, Walgreens, etc., will.
November 04, 2020
I have gotten a few of these letters over the years. I saved them, so I dug them out of a folder to take a closer look at them, trying to figure out if they were actually handwritten. I have gotten some of those "fake" handwritten letters from others (usually pure advertising) over the years, so I have a good idea as to what those fake ones look like. These JW letters look real.

Being an atheist, I have written some angry replies to them (if it does any good, not likely), especially if they threaten to come to my door and visit me (I live in an apartment building which requires a key to enter it, although they could tailgate behind someone). I had typed it on my PC so I can simply reprint it after catering it to the actual letter I received before mailing it out. Don't these people have anything better to do than to send out these garbage letters?
November 05, 2020
randomcfchick

I know people that have a dog with "human" name. They took it to PetSmart grooming. Before too long, they were getting promos and coupons for kid's stuff. Info gets sold quickly.
November 18, 2020
kman
Check the letter. It might not actually be handwritten. Some computer typefaces are made to look convincingly like handwriting, and the sender will print the message in blue to make it look as if a common blue pen wrote it.

I noticed this years ago on some junk-mail envelopes addressed to me personally. Invariably those were from someone trying to sell something or ask for money. Seeing something that looks handwritten instead of run off a printer makes some people more likely to open the envelope or read the message, I guess.

"Dotter"— hysterical laughter

I've been making an effort to combat clutter and the letter never made it past the garbage. Wish I'd kept it now, kind of!
November 18, 2020
deegee
I have gotten a few of these letters over the years. I saved them, so I dug them out of a folder to take a closer look at them, trying to figure out if they were actually handwritten. I have gotten some of those "fake" handwritten letters from others (usually pure advertising) over the years, so I have a good idea as to what those fake ones look like. These JW letters look real.

Being an atheist, I have written some angry replies to them (if it does any good, not likely), especially if they threaten to come to my door and visit me (I live in an apartment building which requires a key to enter it, although they could tailgate behind someone). I had typed it on my PC so I can simply reprint it after catering it to the actual letter I received before mailing it out. Don't these people have anything better to do than to send out these garbage letters?

They have a church within less than 3 miles of my house, yikes! The letters are creepy!
November 18, 2020
twocents
maybe they were from Nigeria?? got lots of dotters there... any crossers??? (t)

It seemed to be local and there was no offer of how I would receive 30 million dollars if I just give them my bank info. The Nigerians are soo generous to offer perfect strangers such vast sums of money!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login