Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why in the actual Hell would someone PLAN to get pregnant now?

Posted by bell_flower 
Why in the actual Hell would someone PLAN to get pregnant now?
November 21, 2020
To be fair, I don't know why anyone would want to be pregnant, but I particularly do not understand it now.

How many environmental and biological disasters will it take for people to wise up? Why would you want to condemn your offspring to what's coming?
Re: Why in the actual Hell would someone PLAN to get pregnant now?
November 21, 2020
everyone thinks they can keep adding red dye to a goldfish bowl...and the water is not supposed to turn red, much less pink.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
November 21, 2020
Many breeders don't have functioning brains. They are so badly damaged they've no ability to think.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 21, 2020
Worse yet, the part that does not function is the "executive function" which is, you guessed it, Planning Ahead. The part that does function? The sex drive. It begs the question, why does nature do this to us? How did we evolve this way?
November 21, 2020
mr. neptune
Worse yet, the part that does not function is the "executive function" which is, you guessed it, Planning Ahead. The part that does function? The sex drive. It begs the question, why does nature do this to us? How did we evolve this way?

Nature wants us to not go extinct. We would if every child was preplanned.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 21, 2020
It's because they're content to lock themselves in their own little personal bubbles and shut out the entire rest of the world. That way, they can just have their moments where they pretend to be happy with their decision and flaunt their fucktrophies on social media like show ponies without having to worry about the kind of a world their child will have to grow up in because that's too much work and it's just easier to ignore the dumpster fire the world has become.

A majority of people who have kids on purpose are nothing more than toddlers in adult bodies having tantrums. "WANT BABY! WANT BABY NOW!" like a child stomping their feet and screaming for something they think they need at all costs with no consideration whatsoever for the consequences. And then there are the ones who get knocked up on purpose to save failing marriages or to trap someone.

Bottom line is parents don't care what happens to their kids because they want to be able to (poorly) raise a little mini-me to satisfy their life script expectation. They don't care that their kids will have to go six figures in debt to get a degree in order to work fast food, if they're lucky. They don't care that jobs might be replaced by machines and their child will struggle to secure work and may be broke and homeless. They don't care that this pandemic is here for the duration and their kids will not have normal childhood experiences. They don't care how hard of a life their children will have in adulthood as everything gets worse and worse, but it's okay so long as Mommy has a cute baybee to play with for a few years, right? eye rolling smiley
November 21, 2020
bell_flower
To be fair, I don't know why anyone would want to be pregnant, but I particularly do not understand it now.

How many environmental and biological disasters will it take for people to wise up? Why would you want to condemn your offspring to what's coming?

Evolution isn't always an ascent...

They're mostly idiots. Ask the woman at the grocery store last night why she was standing less than 2 feet behind me as I paid. Mentioned we have a six foot separation with COVID (gawd, how I love having to tell some nitwit about this every time I go anywhere in public!). Apparently it was worth the risk because "she just had to set an item down" and apparently to do this she had to walk up to me instead of dropping off the small box at the end of the belt. I was standing in front of the credit card machine which is a good 4 feet away from the end of the belt. The belt moves items moron.

If her damn box of shoes was so heavy, why not put them in a cart? She carried them around with her but once she was ready to check out they become so heavy she had to run up to my side to relieve herself of them? Or, why not drop them off at the end of the belt, which was a good 4 ft away from me. Why is she standing uncomfortably close to me?

Next time I go to the store I'm putting the cart behind me as a buffer from the idiots. Huge physical barriers are the only way an idiot will stay 6 ft. away.

Because she is an idiot, isn't thinking and I don't think it is a stretch to say this is her default mode. Most people are in this default mode most of the time and if they have any "awake moments" it is likely a horror story at that point. They have a shit-ton of brats who they are teaching by example to be idiots most of the time. I'd bet this unthinking cow has a bunch of brats at home.
November 24, 2020
One of my friends was telling me how everyone in her workplace has been breeding during the past 8 months. Not only is she shocked but so am I - considering her company has about 600 employees and most of them don't know how to use birth control. Even the male employees wives are getting ready to thighcrunch. Yeah shocking.

I realize the last global pandemic was a long time ago (1918) before our time (most of us anyways) but it really needs to be considered a felony to bring more people into the world when hospitals are packed to capacity with COVID-19 patients and no resources for trivial shit like breeding.
November 24, 2020
The breeders expect the 'village' to pick up their brat's shit.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 25, 2020
I have two colleagues who are knocked up right now. The second announced it on Zoom a couple of days ago (how professional) - and everyone (including people without brats) was all "OMG, how wonderful! Congratulations!" And I was like, "Are you fucking insane?!?" But I had to keep my mouth shut, of course.
November 26, 2020
They must have their heads in the sand regarding all the parents bitching nonstop about having to deal with their kids during the pandemic. No doubt another pandemic will come our way and these now-preggos will be complaining that "no one told me it was this haaard!"

What's been happening in the world has made me So Glad I'm CF. I want to gloat but pretty much keep that to CF circles. Since the beginning of this century we've been through so much bad stuff, and a crazy increase in world population (almost 2 billion in 20 years!!), but people keep their rose colored glasses on and think baybees will solve their problems, make them happy, make them "a real adult", will cure cancer, are a requirement, etc. I mean, it's hard to have faith in humanity sometimes with all the things going on, but it makes it really hard when the world considers having children a "right" and "something you just do" without regard to the kind of world those baybees are coming in to.
November 26, 2020
Ketchup
They must have their heads in the sand regarding all the parents bitching nonstop about having to deal with their kids during the pandemic.

Yup, having kids is comparatively easier when you can dump them on tons of different people every day to minimize your contact with them. But when this shit still floating around killing people by the thousands on a daily basis, breeders no longer have the refuges from brat rearing that they had this time a year ago. No daycare, no real school, no babysitting, no playdates, no grandparents, and anyone who does offer these things will likely no longer offer their services very soon because we're probably looking at more closings. You have things like the "mom code," which I know we discussed here already, but for those who are joining us late, it's a trend where breeders will refrain from getting their sick brats tested for coronavirus in order to keep reported infection rates artificially low to keep schools open. You know, for the children! bemused eye roll

People who are getting and staying pregnant right now don't seem to grasp the concept that this crap isn't going to just magically let up at 12am on January 1st and they will be stuck with their kids 24/7 well into 2021 and the remainder of the foreseeable future.

There has been no finer time to be childfree and it warms my cold dead heart to see breeders scrambling to unload their dumplings onto whatever sap they can and how completely insane they're going being trapped at home with children and spouses they could only marginally tolerate seeing them a couple hours a day before.

I wonder how many breeders got pissed off when they learned that COVID-19 only seems to kill adults and spares kids (more or less). I'll bet a lot of PNA plans were thwarted when that news made headlines, and even if they weren't, intentional exposure of kids to COVID-19 is a PNA that could literally come home to haunt the proud parents.
November 27, 2020
There will be no end to these lock downs and spikes because for all intent and purposes the USA doesn't have a government. We would have flipped the Congress if the USA actually had a normal election, but the Fascist GOP cheated their way through the election. The only reason Biden squeaked by was because more Americans voted for him than any other president, and Trump couldn't find the way he needed to cheat.

Covid19 is becoming endemic in the USA habitat.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 27, 2020
Pronatalists are crazy.
November 28, 2020
There has been a massive spending spree in just about all the areas. Anything from houses to cars to home improvement, people have been spending money like they are in congress. Maybe getting knocked up is just another way of spending even more money.

Why all this spending? I really don't know. I was under impression that unemployment rate is high and many mortgages are in forbearance. Are people buying a ton of stuff because they feel "mortgage free"? Again, I don't have an answer
November 30, 2020
Just saw on a local morning news program that there was a suggestion that with so many more people working from home and staying at home, there would be a baby boom. However, a recent survey showed that it isn't so. People are actually holding off. Biggest reason? Climate change.

Maybe I am being too optimistic, but maybe, just maybe, the tide is turning. My personal opinion on climate change is that yes, it is happening. Why? In my opinion, there are 8 billion of us. Whether we burn coal, drive cars or simply even burn natural gas to heat our home, our planet cannot rejuvenate fast enough. Humans also breathe out CO2. While we can offset some of that with trees that we plant, trees store CO2 and eventually release it back into atmosphere when they die. Again, this is just my opinion and not much more.

This pandemic that we got, it may seem light and we just may get past it. But I think mainstream science is missing the point. Mother nature is known to put all waste to good use through decomposition and such. However, with 8 billion of us here, it can't keep up. In my opinion, it is not if but when a new pandemic will surface. And it may just be much worse.
November 30, 2020

People are actually holding off. Biggest reason? Climate change.

I hope you are right because I'm finding it hard to believe global warming is a concern. When it comes to baybees, most humans seem to be operating on the level of I WANT, so I believe if humans are having less offspring, it's because the pandemic is hitting them personally, either they do not want to watch their own brats or they are postponing because there is a real concern regarding lack of medical care or they are part of the many that are experiencing economic hardship due to the pandemic.
no, I have no reason to believe that pro-natalists even much "have heard" about climate change. If they have, they think that putting a few bits of the cardboard wrappers from their endless "needs"/disposable diapers into a recycling bin is doing their part to help! They are all completely operating in some sort of animal desires, and the only thing that matters is whatever they think they want at the moment.
November 30, 2020
I'm a little skeptical of that, only because so many people think climate change is a myth. Right now, I'm thinking people are putting off having kids or having more kids because they're spending entire days and weeks with their significant others and realizing just how incompatible they are with one another. Even when horny as hell, it's hard to fuck someone you can't stand the sight of.

There may be a minor rise in the birth rate given all the "heehee Mommy and Daddy didn't social distance" COVID pregnancy announcements, but certainly not a baby boom. Most people are dumb and they would still happily breed as the world burns around them, but that was before when they only had to be around their partners for a small fraction of any given day and didn't get to experience the full extent of their significant others' horrid personalities.

Honestly, I think this pandemic is the mass birth control we needed. By forcing people to spend loads and loads of time together with little to no means of escape, they get sick of one another and are much less likely to have sex. Obviously, I wish we could have done without all the death, but making people deal with one another under what is essentially house arrest is a great way to make them not fuck and thus not make more brats.

There are outliers and there always will be, but if we're going to see a boom in any domestic regard, it's going to be in divorces and child abuse.
December 01, 2020

There are outliers and there always will be, but if we're going to see a boom in any domestic regard, it's going to be in divorces and child abuse.

Supposedly there is already more domestic and child abuse due to people being stuck with each other and the bad economy means people cannot afford to get separate residences or divorces.

There will probably be a huge spike in divorces if the situation starts to stabilize and if the jobless rate goes down.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login