Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parents who think their kids will be like them

Posted by cfdavep 
Parents who think their kids will be like them
November 21, 2020
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/father-says-wildest-dreams-never-235028573.html

Duh shocked that his kid became a Trumpster. Kinda like the vegans with four kids who insist their kids will grow up to save the planet and will never eat meat.
Re: Parents who think their kids will be like them
November 21, 2020
One of the reasons people have kids is because they want to try to raise a smaller version of themselves and will force their beliefs onto that child, be it religion, sexuality, gender roles, hobbies, extra-curricular activities, college choice, you name it. Parents - excuse me - breeders want their brats to grow up to either be carbon copies of them or as a vehicle through which the parents can live vicariously in order to achieve dreams they never could.

So when the child begins to deviate from the path chosen for them, the parents will punish them for it and will do things to try and limit the kid's exposure to what they want to do in order to try and discourage it, which of course means the kid will want it even more and then the parents will refer to the child as "difficult" when they put up a fight.

Sometimes kids grow up to be the opposite of their parents through observation. They recognize their parents are pieces of shit and consciously decide they don't want to be like them, so they go the other way. I was raised Catholic against my will, so I became an atheist when I was like 9 years old (I didn't know it had a name, but I didn't believe in God at all by then). Part of the reason I chose not to have kids is seeing what a shit job my mother did with me and me not wanting to risk doing the same thing to someone else.

And hey, sometimes your kids grow up to be like you because they see you as a good person. But if you have to force your child to be like you and they resist, maybe it's time to take the fucking hint. Sadly, most breeders don't want children with unique personalities because then they can no longer gaze longingly at that child and see themselves in the world's most expensive mirror. When the child changes, they resemble the parents less and less and this breeds distance and resentment.
November 23, 2020
When I've heard a vegan espouse about raising his/her kids to also be vegans it makes me laugh. First of all, any argument they are environmentally minded is cancelled the minute they breed, unless they are growing all of their food, living off grid, and taking radical measures to eliminate the footprint of their famblee. Fat chance.

Secondly, those kids may already be sneaking meat (when they can) and they could grow up to be cattle ranchers.
It is always humorous when a rapid, public, SJW-type of self-righteous vegan changes their diet. Oops. Eat your words meat vegans!
November 23, 2020
Cambion
One of the reasons people have kids is because they want to try to raise a smaller version of themselves and will force their beliefs onto that child, be it religion, sexuality, gender roles, hobbies, extra-curricular activities, college choice, you name it. Parents - excuse me - breeders want their brats to grow up to either be carbon copies of them or as a vehicle through which the parents can live vicariously in order to achieve dreams they never could.

So when the child begins to deviate from the path chosen for them, the parents will punish them for it and will do things to try and limit the kid's exposure to what they want to do in order to try and discourage it, which of course means the kid will want it even more and then the parents will refer to the child as "difficult" when they put up a fight.

I've never understood this. It would be so much easier if breeders would accept their kids for who they are, make sure they enter adulthood with functional skills and teach them responsibility. But, breeders have to make everything difficult and about them.
December 12, 2020
I am very proud to say I am nothing like what my Moo wanted me to be. Not so much my Dad, he just wanted me to be a responsible adult (which I am), pay my taxes (which I do), don't get into trouble with the law (sounds like a good deal to me).
December 14, 2020
As a vegan myself, I personally prefer the stories where meat-every-meal, dress-my-newborn-in-hunting-camo people's children grow up and become vegan animal advocates!shrug (Yep, I've met a few people like that in my travels!)

But either way, people raise their kids with their own values, and that includes values regarding animals--but they cannot be sure their offspring will follow in their footsteps, about anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login