Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeders fighting eviction in Portland Ore

Posted by cfdavep 
Breeders fighting eviction in Portland Ore
December 09, 2020
https://old.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/k9bujj/portland_police_trying_to_serve_an_eviction_get/

I am thinking most of these people are poor breeders. They lost jobs due to COVID and finally landlords were forced to put them out via police. They fought the police and many on the Collapse sub are on their side with the idea that "priviledged" landlords such support strangers. Most landlords are not rich and none want to support strangers as they distroy what the landlord has. Although there are abusive landlords, how long can the rule following ones allow people to live in their buildings for free?

Poor breeders may become the "New Thugs" as things get worse in the future.
Re: Breeders fighting eviction in Portland Ore
December 10, 2020
That sounds like typical Reddit. Ever get on r/lostgeneration? It's full of the most obnoxious, stereotypical millennials who all think they deserve a free ride through life. When they're not complaining about their landlords having the audacity to expect the rent every month, they're whining about how the 'boomers' stole all the jobs and houses and deliberately destroyed the economy just to torture them. It's snowflake central!
December 11, 2020
JoJo
That sounds like typical Reddit. Ever get on r/lostgeneration? It's full of the most obnoxious, stereotypical millennials who all think they deserve a free ride through life. When they're not complaining about their landlords having the audacity to expect the rent every month, they're whining about how the 'boomers' stole all the jobs and houses and deliberately destroyed the economy just to torture them. It's snowflake central!

Wow, I guess every generation has a segment consisting of snowflakes who only see the worst in everything. My observation is a little different. Millennials got to buy their houses for pennies on the dollar, as baby boomers and Gen Xs were giving up their real estate to the bank. Millennials are the most educated segment of the society, holding the most college degrees. They saw the highest wage growth and were most likely to be chosen for promotions at their jobs. Millennials benefited the most from crypto currencies and have built more wealth with their smartphones than any other generation. Think YouTubers, think bitcoin mining that created millionaires in a very short time. Maybe I am wrong but Millennials did not get the short end of the stick, in my opinion.
December 11, 2020
Techie, I dare you to go to r/lostgeneration and post that. You'll probably be banned within an hour, just as I was for stating that Bernie Sanders's strategery of assuming that all 12 of his opponents in the race would stay in to the bitter end, thus dividing the vote, allowing him to go into the convention with 27% support and win the nomination, was idiotic.

They're also pro communism and one of the things they hate about the boomers is that the boomers, being old enough to remember the Soviet Union/Cold War are anti communist.
December 11, 2020
JoJo
Techie, I dare you to go to r/lostgeneration and post that. You'll probably be banned within an hour, just as I was for stating that Bernie Sanders's strategery of assuming that all 12 of his opponents in the race would stay in to the bitter end, thus dividing the vote, allowing him to go into the convention with 27% support and win the nomination, was idiotic.

They're also pro communism and one of the things they hate about the boomers is that the boomers, being old enough to remember the Soviet Union/Cold War are anti communist.

I doubt they want to hear positive facts. Some folks are just addicted to negativity and prefer to live in it. Do I really want to get to join their crowd even if it is to express an opposing view? Probably not... If I take even a remote chance of stepping in their direction by having a discussion there, I would rather abstain from said discussion.

Many people there are pro Communism because it sounds good to them. They never lived in it. If they did, they would not support it.
December 11, 2020
Techie

I doubt they want to hear positive facts. Some folks are just addicted to negativity and prefer to live in it. Do I really want to get to join their crowd even if it is to express an opposing view? Probably not... If I take even a remote chance of stepping in their direction by having a discussion there, I would rather abstain from said discussion.

Yes, but their squeals of outrage would amuse me.
December 11, 2020
They will be living in it. And in some ways, their breeding will help bring it on as well.
I just read in a cf forum on Facebook about a woman who worked at a dental office listening to a brood sow with 7 kids, the sow kept repeating that she had 7 bastards, and couldn't afford a root canal or crown for the 9 year old daughter with her. Kid ended up crying from embarassment or whatever. Goddam stupid cunt. Breed like a stupid cockroach and expect everything handed to her because of her over used twat.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
December 11, 2020
twocents
They will be living in it. And in some ways, their breeding will help bring it on as well.
I just read in a cf forum on Facebook about a woman who worked at a dental office listening to a brood sow with 7 kids, the sow kept repeating that she had 7 bastards, and couldn't afford a root canal or crown for the 9 year old daughter with her. Kid ended up crying from embarassment or whatever. Goddam stupid cunt. Breed like a stupid cockroach and expect everything handed to her because of her over used twat.

The kid needs to be taken away from the cunt.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
December 11, 2020
Being a landlord is a complete crap chute nowadays. There is an eviction moratorium in many places, which makes it impossible to evict someone for non-payment. Add to the fact that renters break things and those have to be repaired or replaced at landlord's expense. This is the time when landlords pay someone to occupy their property. What a deal
December 11, 2020
Techie
JoJo

Wow, I guess every generation has a segment consisting of snowflakes who only see the worst in everything. My observation is a little different. Millennials got to buy their houses for pennies on the dollar, as baby boomers and Gen Xs were giving up their real estate to the bank. Millennials are the most educated segment of the society, holding the most college degrees. They saw the highest wage growth and were most likely to be chosen for promotions at their jobs. Millennials benefited the most from crypto currencies and have built more wealth with their smartphones than any other generation. Think YouTubers, think bitcoin mining that created millionaires in a very short time. Maybe I am wrong but Millennials did not get the short end of the stick, in my opinion.

Do you know how much college degrees cost today? Even if you go with the cheapest option of commuting to a state school, you’re paying $10k/year for tuition alone. Living on campus would add an extra $10k. A private school is at least $40k/year. Then at least several hundred per year for university fees, and the school adds new fees each year. If you drive you pay hundreds per semester for parking. Unless you get an athletic or National Merit Scholarship, scholarships will give you less than $1000 if you’re chosen after you fill applications that are almost as taxing as job applications. Schools also go out of their way to keep you from graduating on time because they want more tuition money. AP/IB credit gives a lot less college credit than it used to. Having the most college degrees also means the competition is tougher. Now they expect concurrent experience in the field. There’s still a lot of politics involved as always.
Housing prices have skyrocketed because of foreign investors. Also saving for a house became more difficult because apartment rents cost a lot more. Cryptocurrencies are the socially stunted people’s version of MLM. Most people lose money and a lot of the ones who gain still need regular jobs to pay the bills. And earning money on Youtube takes at least as much work as a job. You have to regularly make entertaining videos and hope that enough people enjoy them enough to subscribe. You wouldn’t say a director, producer, or actor has an easy job, would you?
December 11, 2020
misskitty

Cryptocurrencies are the socially stunted people’s version of MLM.

Brilliant. and true.

misskitty
. And earning money on Youtube takes at least as much work as a job. You have to regularly make entertaining videos and hope that enough people enjoy them enough to subscribe. You wouldn’t say a director, producer, or actor has an easy job, would you?

I would say it's easy. They screw up a take, next take. They see a gun it's a prop.

My job I screw up someone dies. No do over. No next take. I've been shot at - as a volunteer.

I'd gladly let any actor -especially those so called action heroes - experience just one of my work related nightmares. Let them see what a human death is really like when they try and turn it into entertainment.

They make entertainment. Nobody has ever died because they missed an episode. That makes it easy. I miss an intubation or an IV somebody dies. That's stress, that's hard.

JoJo

I understand people are frustrated. But are these expectations posted on r/lostgeneration under one of the posts realistic? Because I see a ton of entitlement:
suspend rent and/or mortgage
free emergency medicare for all
$600 week unemployment
$2000 month universal basic income
cancel student loan debt
cancel medical debt
cover small business payroll

For an unemployed worker this is $4,400 a month with no rent or mortgage, student loan or medical payments. If the same unemployed worker has a spouse and two brats:
$10,400 a month with no rent or mortgage payment, student loan, medical debt, health insurance. Why would this unemployed worker ever return to work when famblee is getting so much free money for merely existing?

And talk about offering an incentive for breeding....$2000 UBI per person is just that. There would be all kinds of people having 4+ brats just to increase their UBI.
December 12, 2020
People have to look at the ROI on college. Back when I grew up it was relatively cheap. I was able to graduate undergrad with no debt by working two jobs during the Summers and 30-35 hours a week during the school year. I was fucking tired when it was over and I had very little life, but I wasn't in huge debt. When I went to grad school 12 years later I did use student loans. I was working full time and I paid them back as fast as I could.

If I had a kid today my advice would be: do not go to college unless you know what you want to be, and a degree is required for that. If you want to be a doctor, nurse, CPA/accountant, teacher*, architect, computer nerd, engineer, etc., go to community college for two years and then finish at a four year college. (Teachers with master's degrees typically make more so you have to evaluate the potential salary against that. You could not pay me enough to be a teacher and deal with all that shit.)

I got nothing against general degrees and liberal arts majors, but it's become untenable in this day and age. If I had a kid who did not know what he/she wanted to be, I would be directing him/her to the trades. A mechanic, electrician, carpenter, plumber or HVAC technician who is a good worker and shows up is very employable. And you can move up in the company to become a manager or estimator.

It's de rigueur for there to be conflict between generations and for the older generation to say the younger generation is lazy and entitled. I heard it too. But I am resentful when I hear these Millenials whine about how the Baby Boomers had it so easy, particularly because they have no interest in hearing about ECONOMIC FACTS, such as:

-- thanks to the Fed for propping up the economy with Funny Money and debt, most** Millenials in general** have experienced very little hard economic times, RELATIVELY SPEAKING.

-- I remember gas shortages, rationing and unemployment and inflation, all at the same time

-- I remember mortgages at the 15% level-, even going as high as 21% -mortgages today are 3-4%

--Regarding mortgages, since they were so expensive, the natural outcome was to GASP, not have a house right away. Nobody died. Thanks to Jumbo loans and HGTV, people buy houses they cannot afford

-- Credit was actually a lot harder to get--you had to actually establish credit in your name and PROVE you could handle it before you got any. Looking at the mess most Americans are in today with debt, that was a much better idea.

---When credit was so expensive, like a car loan at 14%, it taught you to use it sparingly and pay off whatever as soon as you could. These are not bad lessons

**note: I'm not counting COVID and other bolds are for crafty--I'm not saying this to applies to all people--I'm saying the Government is intervening to keep economic corrections in check.

We are currently in hard economic times for many, but when the economy was roaring along, something like 80% of people (at ALL income levels) could not afford an unplanned $400 expenditure. This is a behavioral issue for many, not a hard luck story.

And I get it that Millenials today need a phone and internet, but they do not need a fucking $1200 Iphone to get a job.

PEACE OUT.
December 12, 2020
thom_c
misskitty
. And earning money on Youtube takes at least as much work as a job. You have to regularly make entertaining videos and hope that enough people enjoy them enough to subscribe. You wouldn’t say a director, producer, or actor has an easy job, would you?

I would say it's easy. They screw up a take, next take. They see a gun it's a prop.

My job I screw up someone dies. No do over. No next take. I've been shot at - as a volunteer.

I'd gladly let any actor -especially those so called action heroes - experience just one of my work related nightmares. Let them see what a human death is really like when they try and turn it into entertainment.

They make entertainment. Nobody has ever died because they missed an episode. That makes it easy. I miss an intubation or an IV somebody dies. That's stress, that's hard.

Fair enough, I forgot who was writing this. I’ve read your stories before. Obviously your job is tougher than Youtube, but your job is also tougher than almost every other job.

That’s not a generation difference, unless you wanted to become a YouTuber.
December 13, 2020
misskitty
thom_c
misskitty

Fair enough, I forgot who was writing this. I’ve read your stories before. Obviously your job is tougher than Youtube, but your job is also tougher than almost every other job.

That’s not a generation difference, unless you wanted to become a YouTuber.

I've got a face for radio ... beating with a lol hammer

Techie
JoJo

Millennials whose parents are wealthy and set up trust funds for their kids, yeah. The rest of the millenials, most likely not.

However.

I knew quite a few parents of Millenials back in the state I grew up in (CT) and all I ever heard from their mouths was "I'll do anything for my child."

Basically what you have here is the end result: Millenials who are still spoiled to some degree, if not by financial wealth, then by some other means. Thus the Entitlement mentality so pervasive among Millenials. The moneyed ones will put their resources towards tech start-up businesses, the rest are gaming in their parents' basements.
December 13, 2020
One of the commenters on the article had a comment that is actually on topic (and not whining about politics for a change).

On-topic commenter
"The "squatters" are the original homeowners, and a large group of protestors surrounding them by invitation to defend them against eviction. According to their side of the story, they were double-billed during a period of confusion while their mortgage was being traded among several investment banks. During the process of sorting out that mess, developers took advantage of the situation to buy out the property and try to evict them."

According to this link (and another link to the GFM) which gives their side of the story they now have more than enough money to pay off the mortgage and to keep their house: https://redhouseonmississippi.com

The protesters have permission from the owner of the adjacent vacant lot to camp out there. I'm leaning heavily towards favoring the (65 year in family) homeowners because while I don't follow all the legal talk I have witnessed the (repeated) greed of developers. I suspect the developers were attempting to obtain the house on technicalities and loopholes. Also, the picture of the house (next to the condo) is worth a thousand words. Since the house is 124 years old I wonder if the owners have given any thought to seeing if it can be protected by Oregon Historical Society?
December 13, 2020
misskitty
Techie
JoJo

Do you know how much college degrees cost today? Even if you go with the cheapest option of commuting to a state school, you’re paying $10k/year for tuition alone. Living on campus would add an extra $10k. A private school is at least $40k/year. Then at least several hundred per year for university fees, and the school adds new fees each year. If you drive you pay hundreds per semester for parking. Unless you get an athletic or National Merit Scholarship, scholarships will give you less than $1000 if you’re chosen after you fill applications that are almost as taxing as job applications. Schools also go out of their way to keep you from graduating on time because they want more tuition money. AP/IB credit gives a lot less college credit than it used to. Having the most college degrees also means the competition is tougher. Now they expect concurrent experience in the field. There’s still a lot of politics involved as always.
Housing prices have skyrocketed because of foreign investors. Also saving for a house became more difficult because apartment rents cost a lot more. Cryptocurrencies are the socially stunted people’s version of MLM. Most people lose money and a lot of the ones who gain still need regular jobs to pay the bills. And earning money on Youtube takes at least as much work as a job. You have to regularly make entertaining videos and hope that enough people enjoy them enough to subscribe. You wouldn’t say a director, producer, or actor has an easy job, would you?

I am not a millenial but I am super close in age to be one. Yes, I know how much a college costs. I paid it off by working 80 hours a week. Driving to school? Drove a rusty clunker that I bought with my own money. Having a degree has earned me more money than it earned both of my parents combined. Both of my parents have degrees but they did not work in a sector that experienced exponential growth. Housing prices are high but most people younger than me, they got to buy at the bottom of the market. First time home buyer credits of 5% of value coupled with super low interest rates, life is good. Bitcoin has hit some lows but every low is higher than the one before. Youtubers do put in some work, but like Thom says, it is an easier way to make money.
December 14, 2020
Techie

I am not a millenial but I am super close in age to be one. Yes, I know how much a college costs. I paid it off by working 80 hours a week. Driving to school? Drove a rusty clunker that I bought with my own money. Having a degree has earned me more money than it earned both of my parents combined. Both of my parents have degrees but they did not work in a sector that experienced exponential growth. Housing prices are high but most people younger than me, they got to buy at the bottom of the market. First time home buyer credits of 5% of value coupled with super low interest rates, life is good. Bitcoin has hit some lows but every low is higher than the one before. Youtubers do put in some work, but like Thom says, it is an easier way to make money.

Rusty clunkers still need to be parked, unless you drive with someone who will immediately drive the car back to your house. Parking fees for a school year now costs at least as much as a clunker itself. I used the bus for most of my time there, so I at least saved on housing and parking.

I’m lucky that my parents could afford the expenses of college, but payment came with strings attached. I was forced to choose a major that wasn’t suited to me. It killed my GPA, I lost a few years that I could have used for anything else, and I eventually failed out of that program near the end. I continued under a similar major that was more merciful, so I graduated in the same amount of time after taking two heavy semesters. Unfortunately, the interviewers want “passion”, so they didn’t hire me. I did work a few jobs, but most didn’t require a college degree. Networking was near impossible for me because I had on-call family responsibility involving my autard brother, plus I’m partially autarded. By the time my family responsibility ended, the pandemic started. I learned the hard way that networking is more important for earnings than a college degree.

YouTube tasks may be easy, but most people would rather get a reliable paycheck from their regular job than gamble on their YouTube videos becoming popular. You need 10,000 subscribers to even start monetizing your videos. 10,000 people have to love your work so much that they want to stay updated on it. It’s like saying a scratch card is an easy way to make money. The ticket doesn’t cost much and scratching is easy, but you have to get the winning combination to earn anything.

That being said, I do NOT believe that landlords should be forced to house anyone for free, let alone someone who breeds when they can’t save for emergencies.
December 14, 2020
@misskitty: sorry to hear about your family situation, it definitely does not help...

College parking permit was about $150 per semester for me. Not sure what they charge today, I guess it depends on a college. Yes, who you know does matter. Unless you are in a field where there are shortages of skilled people, then, you can get in without knowing someone. Otherwise, you got to knock on some doors. Sometimes a lot of doors.

Having lived around Upper Peninsula in my younger years, I got to learn how to get by on very little. School costs could not bring me down even if going there ate up most of my income. I had money left when others were well beyond spent. Example: muffler rusted through on my clunker. Shop wanted $500 to replace it. I bought the whole exhaust for $15 from some drunk dude on Craigslist, put it on myself. Stuff like that.
December 15, 2020
misskitty
I’m lucky that my parents could afford the expenses of college....

My parents did not help with tuition, but they had a different view on things. They figured if kids pay, they have more appreciation for what they have. In my case, they were correct. I borrowed money to go to school. I had to pay back loans. But I am grateful for all that I have and the fact that after graduating, I found 2 full time jobs and had student loans erased in no time. Because my parents allowed me to make my own choices and let me be an adult, I picked a field that was in high demand.
December 15, 2020
misskitty
Cryptocurrencies are the socially stunted people’s version of MLM

That is a very interesting observation. I do not think that crypto currencies started out as MLM but let me tell ya, there is not a day that goes by where I am not contacted by a younger millennial who wants me to join their MLM that supposedly profits from Bitcoin or some other crypto. I've done some research on some of these MLMs. Some of their members did profit from Bitcoin boom, but for the most part, money is made by recruiting new members who pay membership dues. In just about every case of MLM and Bitcoin, there is an alternative agenda, which involves buying some course or buying some membership. Is Bitcoin a good investment? My portfolio does contain some, but not enough to become super wealthy if Bitcoin did hit $100,000 and definitely not enough to feel harm if Bitcoin drops to zero. I never used any MLM to buy bitcoin, I just go to an exchange and buy some - no MLM needed. Anything that anyone wants to know about buying or selling Bitcoin or any other crypto is a search entry away on your favorite search engine, whichever one that you happen to use.
December 15, 2020
JoJo

I had some free time this morning, so I took a look. It is a big pipe dream, fueled by lack of knowledge. They show how great USSR was but most posters were not even born before USSR fell apart. I guess they have not seen that while USSR medical care was free, medical supplies were scarce, so in the end, it was not effective. They have not seen super long lines just so people could buy basics. I know a few people who lived in USSR and they are not very excited about that system or what it had to offer. They lived in Estonia when it was under USSR control. Because they were close to Finland, they could pick up Finnish TV with their TV sets. Soviets would try to block and scramble TV transmissions from Finland because they saw it as a propaganda that people could see fully stocked stores, where people could buy what they needed, when they needed it.

These folks really need to research something before they promote it. Internet has plenty, one just has to be willing to read. There is a possibility that they may not like what they get if that was to happen here. North Korea, for the most part, has "equality" I do not think any of the snowflakes from Reddit would want to go live there, but it would be a good idea if they did, even if it was only for a few months. Work is not optional in North Korea, one must work or they will go to jail. Maybe snowflakes need that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login