Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Was Cropsey the hot car death of the 70's/80's?

Posted by freya 
Was Cropsey the hot car death of the 70's/80's?
December 18, 2020
Watching the movie Cropsey. Cropsey was blamed for the deaths of children in the 70's and 80's on Staten Island.
Including at least one downy where Cropsey was accused with no evidence.
He was in custody prior to the body and evidence being found. The body and evidence "suddenly appeared" in the same area that they had searched the day before that was clean. Another kid which just so happened to have a "low IQ" was murdered. Two astute men compared what is happening to Cropsey to a lynching and stated there is no actual evidence tying Cropsey to the crimes.

Saw a video of a bunch of folks who grew up on Staten Island who said all the kids were threatened by their parents to be good or else Cropsey would kill them. Then, blaming a person who has been filmed while having spasms and drooling. Not sure if he has health issues or if he was given drugs during the proceedings. Some of the locals are saying Cropsey is intelligent and cunning. Cropsey worked at a local mental hospital where parents sent their mentally disabled kids. Then Willowbrook hospitals shut down because of an expose by Rivera. Fast forward a bit, same kids on the island who would have been sent to Willowbrook are now being murdered.

And it gets worse: at one point they are accusing Cropsey of running either a Satanic cult, devil-worshipping or some other nonsense. I'd guess more than one additional death (or more and likely children who may not be the brightest) was attributed to this particular cult. (imagines Chris Barnes from Six Feet Under screaming: SATAN! SATAN! SATAN!) devil smokingdevil smokingdevil smoking

I don't think they have retrieved any bodies from the murders except for the downey.

So did Cropsey do it or was he just a convenient scapegoat? And why are there so many murders that involve low IQ children?

I'm beginning to rethink ALL the boogeymen. Bet they were scapegoats.
Re: Was Cropsey the hot car death of the 70's/80's?
December 18, 2020
I will have to check it out.

Appropos of nothing, I've always been suspicious of the Lindbergh Baby kidnapping. It's unusual that the kid was taken while the parents were all home. Charles Lindbergh also called his lawyer immediately after he found his son missing, interfered with the investigation and insisted the kid be cremated, which was really unusual for the times.

He was incidentally a real turd of a human being and father. He stayed married to his wife and had 7 out of wedlock kids with three women. Ten days before his death he wrote each woman a letter advising them to not reveal he was the father for any of these kids.

And of course he was also a Nazi sympathizer and white supremacist.
December 18, 2020
bell_flower

Appropos of nothing, I've always been suspicious of the Lindbergh Baby kidnapping. It's unusual that the kid was taken while the parents were all home. Charles Lindbergh also called his lawyer immediately after he found his son missing, interfered with the investigation and insisted the kid be cremated, which was really unusual for the times.

He was incidentally a real turd of a human being and father. He stayed married to his wife and had 7 out of wedlock kids with three women. Ten days before his death he wrote each woman a letter advising them to not reveal he was the father for any of these kids.

You and me both about being suspicious. In accounts of the case it seems obvious to me Bruno Hauptmann was railroaded.

The Lindbergh–baby case was the JonBenet Ramsey case of its time, and looking closely at either one makes the parents/household the prime suspects.
December 18, 2020
I can't believe I've never heard heard of this person with all the true crime stuff I read, so I had to go find out more.

Out of the five alleged victims, Andre Rand was charged with the kidnapping two of them and killing one. And you're right, the only body retrieved was the downy tard and the other four were never seen again.

Apparently the "low I.Q." child was actually 21 years old, which strikes me as odd because usually people who kidnap children stick to a particular age group and I'd like to think that an adult tard wouldn't count as a child to a kidnapper. Plus, would you want to try and kidnap a 21-year-old flaptard? I think they'd be more trouble than they're worth. I think that was the only one of the five victims that wasn't a minor, which seems highly suspicious and I'd wager that particular victim was not one of Rand's and was more likely an instance of its handlers not wanting to raise a moron any longer. The other victims were five, seven, eleven and twelve years old (the downy tard was 12).

I wouldn't be surprised if people offed their brats and blamed it on the guy in the news being accused of abducting and killing kids, especially the two tards. If that was the case for some of the victims, I imagine it didn't really catch on as a larger trend because it'd be awfully hard to abduct and kill brats from jail. Obviously I can't claim to know everything about this case because I'm just learning about it now, but apparently Rand was seen with three of the victims before they disappeared and the other two were just assumed because of his reputation.

Makes me wonder if any parents were in cahoots with him, like if they "hired" him to run off with their kids.

But it's all good, parents eventually learned to murder their loaves and call it SIDS, so they didn't have to wait too long for a new scapegoat.
December 18, 2020
bell_flower

I didn't know much about the Lindbergh baby. Charles Lindbergh sounds like a total POS.
December 18, 2020
Cambion
I can't believe I've never heard heard of this person with all the true crime stuff I read, so I had to go find out more.

I was watching a movie on Amazon (kind of watching, actually reading while a movie played) and it flipped to this documentary automatically. I was mostly listening and then I became intrigued by it and started watching. They also said Staten Island at the time was a dumping ground: for waste and also organized crime dumped bodies there that were never seen again. Plus the mental hospital which ended up in ruins. I think you'd like the documentary Cambion.

Cambion
Out of the five alleged victims, Andre Rand was charged with the kidnapping two of them and killing one. And you're right, the only body retrieved was the downy tard and the other four were never seen again.

Apparently the "low I.Q." child was actually 21 years old, which strikes me as odd because usually people who kidnap children stick to a particular age group and I'd like to think that an adult tard wouldn't count as a child to a kidnapper. Plus, would you want to try and kidnap a 21-year-old flaptard? I think they'd be more trouble than they're worth. I think that was the only one of the five victims that wasn't a minor, which seems highly suspicious and I'd wager that particular victim was not one of Rand's and was more likely an instance of its handlers not wanting to raise a moron any longer. The other victims were five, seven, eleven and twelve years old (the downy tard was 12).

I wouldn't be surprised if people offed their brats and blamed it on the guy in the news being accused of abducting and killing kids, especially the two tards. If that was the case for some of the victims, I imagine it didn't really catch on as a larger trend because it'd be awfully hard to abduct and kill brats from jail. Obviously I can't claim to know everything about this case because I'm just learning about it now, but apparently Rand was seen with three of the victims before they disappeared and the other two were just assumed because of his reputation.

Makes me wonder if any parents were in cahoots with him, like if they "hired" him to run off with their kids.

But it's all good, parents eventually learned to murder their loaves and call it SIDS, so they didn't have to wait too long for a new scapegoat.

It seems very scapegoat to me. Perhaps he was a weird guy and it sounds like he lived somewhat off the land. One of the adults states that as a kid Cropsey picked him up along with other kids and brought them near an airport and then to a park where they played hide and seek at night. The kids jumped onto the bus willingingly. Adult who went on bus as a kid says that Cropsey was attempting a kidnapping and failed but none of the kids were held against their will or forced onto the bus. I think "kidnapping" is an assumption that was made well after the fact and he would need factual evidence or testimony to support "kidnapping". I'm not law enforcement but I don't think he broke any laws with the weird bus stunt. It sounds like a weird thing to do but I'm not seeing any harm.

I'd guess the kids knew nothing about him and once they found out who he was they assumed it was an attempted kidnapping.

They also interview Rand's sister, who stated they both had a normal healthy childhood with no abuse even though their mother had mental issues.

Also, cameras were not allowed in the courtroom during the trial because of state laws.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login