Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moos should get paid for sluicing-article

Posted by freya 
Moos should get paid for sluicing-article
December 23, 2020
Article about moos getting paid for sluicing. This is a total click-bait joke.

Isn't this what welfare is? Section 8 housing and food stamps?

If anything, moos should hit up their significant others (the ones that inpiged them) for a monthly stipend not taxpayers. The means testing would be built into the family dynamic, not a government determination.

It is funny how a certain billionaire is all for these government freebies but her husband has admitted he has no desire to pay taxes that would eliminate his billionaire status. So, this is typical rich powerful lip service to the plebs suffering in a 2020 COVID. If she cared enough then she would prove it by giving mahms money through her foundation, not expecting the tax payers to bankroll it.

And Biden is married to the banks anyways. He is claiming to ease student loan debt yet he was instrumental in preventing bankruptcy in 2005 for private student loans. Source: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/dec/02/joe-biden-student-loan-debt-2005-act-2020

Politics is a ruse.

Quoting article
A 2019 study published in the journal Sex Roles found that 90 percent of married or partnered moms feel solely responsible for their children and household, and 8 out of 10 moms reported that they were the ones responsible for dealing with their children’s teachers and school. Shouldering all of these responsibilities was associated with “strains on mothers’ personal well-being, as well as lower satisfaction with the relationship,” according to the study. The moms also reported feeling overwhelmed and exhausted.
While Saujani acknowledges that the proposal won’t solve all of the problems, she wrote in the op-ed that it would at least “begin to abate” the “gross disregard for the value of mothers’ unpaid, unseen, unappreciated labor.”

It is possible to avoid the gross disregard for the value of mothers' unpaid, unseen, unappreciated labor by opting out of procreation. No futur voters or canon fodder for either side!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/moms-monthly-stipend-013742990.html
Re: Moos should get paid for sluicing-article
December 24, 2020
We don't need to pay moos for having kids. We need fewer kids, not more.

Instead of paying to breed, we should pay those who choose to be sterilized. The highest payment would be to those who get sterilized without having had any children. Doctors should be told their medical license is on the line if they refuse a request for vasectomy or tubal ligation.

We also need to eliminate medical-insurance and government payments and subsidies for fertility treatments.

I'm tired of seeing breeders ignore the obvious signs of global overpopulation. As the number of people pushes 8 billion, paying people to breed is utterly stupid.

Damn, I'm sick of breeders always demanding MOAR!
December 24, 2020
I would rather pay someone to set fire to my tax money. I'm morally opposed to promoting reproduction in any way; the planet is not capable of supporting so many people with any quality of life, and life is a shit show anyway. And that is without even considering how ridiculous it is to pay people for doing things they choose to do, which they presumably expect to derive some personal benefit from (otherwise, why do it?). Maybe I'd like to get paid for posting my opinions on this board - it seems equally valid to be rewarded for my hobbies and personal choices.

I agree about the government in the US. It's more of the status quo, when what the world needs is bold vision. It's pretty much the case everywhere - nobody is willing to take serious steps on addressing climate change because their constituents wouldn't like it.
December 26, 2020
Aren't tax credits for having kids already paying people to have kids? I get screwed over every year on state and federal taxes, even though I pay a fair share out of my paycheck already. Regardless of how much I have pulled out of my biweekly check, it seems like I'm always missing a moving target.

We live in a weird world where as women make progress in terms of autonomy, independence and breaking down barriers that have existed since the beginning of time, there seems to be a huge push to keep women "in their place". So much of this is comprised of bullying women about making baybees and promoting "traditional" values (e.g. keeping women in subservient roles and domestic slavery).
December 26, 2020
Ketchup
Aren't tax credits for having kids already paying people to have kids? I get screwed over every year on state and federal taxes, even though I pay a fair share out of my paycheck already. Regardless of how much I have pulled out of my biweekly check, it seems like I'm always missing a moving target.

We live in a weird world where as women make progress in terms of autonomy, independence and breaking down barriers that have existed since the beginning of time, there seems to be a huge push to keep women "in their place". So much of this is comprised of bullying women about making baybees and promoting "traditional" values (e.g. keeping women in subservient roles and domestic slavery).

If you parent properly, you don't get your brat's upbringing paid for by the state. When I was a sprog, my mother when she earned too much $$ to get my specialized education paid for by the state, she paid and did not complain. She took what she needed from the government and no more when things became difficult for reasons unforeseen. Those unforeseen reasons included all three of my parents loosing employment due to fucked up Reagan era policies designed to strip the poor of resources and give to the rich in a perverted Robin Hood style during my teens. My mother in fact spent my entire childhood qualifying but refusing food stamps and instead throwing dinner in the crock pot. However, when we were effectively homeless the crock pot wasn't a manageable solution.

My mother made sure before she died that I knew how to cook in a crock pot of my own. I fire that thing up at least three times a week.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
December 27, 2020
Ketchup

It is possible that your employer is not withholding enough. If you are a W2 employee, you may need to set your exemptions to zero on your W4 form. Your payroll department can provide you with that form. Also, any income producing investments are going to be 1099 in most cases and those do not withhold taxes. With that said, if you do not have to pay 'underpayment penalty' when you file, paying a little is not a bad thing. If Uncle Sam pays you a refund, he simply got an interest free loan from you.

Our tax structure does favor families. Close to 40% of people do not pay much in terms of federal tax. Who are they? Usually a single household income with dependents will get one a Head of Household status and throw a large exemption their way. So, a middle class single mom with 2 kids will not pay much. A family with a stay at home parent will also be favored.

In the USA, a single person has few tax deductions so their effective tax rate is always higher. This applies to CF, this applies to an empty nester single mum

What do you do? Talk to your accountant, minimize your tax liability. For example, not all capital gains are taxed equal. Medical flexible spending accounts allow you to pay for medical care with tax free money. There are many other "tax discounts". They don't have the same "rate of return" as a breeding exemption, but they are better than nothing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login