Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CPS should be abolished, says Moo

Posted by Cambion 
CPS should be abolished, says Moo
January 03, 2021
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/12/do-we-need-to-abolish-child-protective-services/

(Note: If you want to read that article, it's a long motherfucking article.)

This proud momma bear says she fought the system for five years and now helps other families do the same thing. Apparently she feels that CPS/ACS needs to be done away with in order to stop them from "needlessly" taking children from their parents. Well what do they define as "needless?" Because I'm pretty sure every single parent would say that any intervention by child protective services would be "needless," especially parents who are actually harming their kids.

There are, of course, instances of terrible child abuse, and it’s the mission of ACS and child welfare agencies across the country to intervene. But often the child is not in danger and the caseworker has made a judgment call based only on the way the family is living. “With the vast majority of parents who have children in the foster system, their children are there not because they’ve done something abusive or harmful or abandoned them,” says Emma Ketteringham the managing attorney of the Family Defense Practice at Bronx Defenders, a public defender nonprofit. “They are there because of related stressors to poverty.”

Poverty causes neglect, asshole, and it can be just as harmful as outright abuse. So kids should be allowed to stay with broke ass parents who can't afford to meet their basic needs either short-term or long-term simply because they aren't being beaten? So it's fine if Junior starves, has no winter clothes, can't bathe due to no running water and lives in a vermin-infested home with no heat, so long as he isn't being intentionally abused? Sometimes parents try their best and still can't afford their kids - it sucks, but their kids still deserve better.

The woman who fought CPS for five years to get her son back seems to think she did nothing wrong at all and she was the perfect mommy... except for the part where she stayed with a physically and verbally abusive spouse and also refused to get an order of protection against him because he's a good father because aren't they always? So CPS wanted to get the kid out of there before he became a domestic violence victim, but oh, they took him "needlessly."

Why do so many people refuse to believe that CPS doesn't just take kids from their homes for shits and giggles? It's usually an uphill battle to even get them to investigate legitimate cases because they're so overwhelmed, so they aren't going to go through the process of removing a child because there's an old cucumber in the fridge or there's a table with non-child-proofed corners in the house. So if they take your goddamn kid away, it's for a good reason.

I'm sure once in a while they might make a mistake like anyone else, but do these people realize that by saying they want to do away with an entire service put in place for the sake of children's safety, they are also saying that they are perfectly fine with kids being abused, raped, neglected and killed? If you have a fucking problem with how CPS operates, it's because you're guilty of being the kind of parent they take kids from, and you gotta fuck up REAL bad for them to even think about taking your kid away. If you're at least making an effort and aren't exposing your child to major danger, there is nothing to worry about.

There's also bits and pieces suggesting that CPS and ACS are racist because they allegedly target black families. I don't believe that, but it's probably not outside the realm of reason that in some areas, minorities make up a larger portion of those in poverty compared to Caucasian people. It's not like CPS goes specifically to the ghetto to look for prey like middle-aged men looking for prime fishing spots - mandated reporters notice when children of any race are neglected or come in with bruises from "falling down the stairs."

Anyone who thinks CPS should be eliminated should be forced to watch autopsies of children who die due to parental abuse/neglect and then should be forced to read the autopsy report front to back. So they can see what could have been prevented with CPS intervention.
Re: CPS should be abolished, says Moo
January 03, 2021
Cambion
Anyone who thinks CPS should be eliminated should be forced to watch autopsies of children who die due to parental abuse/neglect and then should be forced to read the autopsy report front to back. So they can see what could have been prevented with CPS intervention.

Ohh but your being too haaaarrrrd on the poor little parunts. You are assuming they can read "Dick, Jane, and Spot"!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 03, 2021
Unfortunately, there are a lot of kids out there we hear nothing about who do need to be rescued from their Mindless, Brainless Breeders (TM Pending).
January 03, 2021
So...she was keeping her kid in a situation where he was seeing his mother abused and threatened to the point where she feared for her life, but she didn't consider that abusive to the kid? WHY DO WOMEN THINK THIS? I've read about situations like this over and over, and it continually amazes me..."He doesn't hit my children, so it's okay that he beats the shit out of me in front of them." Wtf.
January 03, 2021
kittehpeoples
WHY DO WOMEN THINK THIS? I've read about situations like this over and over, and it continually amazes me..."He doesn't hit my children, so it's okay that he beats the shit out of me in front of them." Wtf.

I wonder that too. Just because the child isn't being physically abused doesn't mean being a witness to abuse doesn't still have an impact. If the child watching from the sidelines is male, it might grow up thinking it's acceptable to hurt women because Mommy let Daddy hit her. If the child is female, it could grow up thinking that a boyfriend who beats her is normal. If it's all the kid knows, it will grow up believing this shit is perfectly fine.

You don't have to hit kids to fuck them up - in fact, there are times I'd say you can fuck a kid up a lot more doing things that don't involve laying a finger on them. Mental/emotional abuse, forcing them to witness abuse, etc. But these wifebeaters are always such goooood fathers. I would love to know what about them makes them so good. The fact they hit Moo and not Junior? I guess if the bar is ground level, it's impossible to be disappointed.
January 03, 2021
So CPS should be abolished because they (rightfully) made Moomie feel bad for her shitty choices. Got it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
January 03, 2021
A problem and a dirty little secret are involved here.

First the problem. In some localities CPS overreacts to some parents, including for blatantly political reasons, and fails to react to horrific examples of actual abuse and neglect.

Now the dirty little secret. More pahrunts need CPS on their asses. Millions of them neglect their children in a way we've discussed here: relying on schools to feed their kyds even as they receive food stamps (EBT cards) that are supposed to help feed those same kyds. That's double-dipping.

But schools have to provide breakfast, lunch, and now dinner, and in some cities they have to arrange to provide those meals on weekends and during summer break because of widespread abuse of the food stamp–EBT system. Moos get cash illicitly from this abuse and spend it on booze, cigarettes, etc., instead of feeding the kyds they chose to shit out.

Everyone knows this happens, but CPS is overwhelmed and cannot go after these moos. I'm convinced this is why CPS in most parts of the US has adopted a policy of "family reunification at all costs". No other explanation makes sense for failing to nail moos for not using food stamps to feed their families.

In the meantime those kyds learn dependency on the welfare systems and the pattern repeats when they have their own children.

The whole thing stinks. But if someone suggests bringing back orphanages to stop this cycle and get children away from irresponsible pahrunts, as Newt Gingrich did in the 1990s, that person is slammed as a meanie, bigoted, or worse.

Eventually this whole system will collapse. $30 trillion in debt will ensure that. Unfortunately, the collapse will take other benefits programs with it. I'm not going to be affected, except if something happens to Social Security before I'm eligible for bernefits, but plenty of others who legitimately need help will be—thanks to irresponsible moos.
January 04, 2021
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2015/03/02/387007941/take-the-ace-quiz-and-learn-what-it-does-and-doesnt-mean

There is such a thing as the Adverse Childhood Experiences quiz, which asks about 10 types of childhood trauma. Seeing your mother abused is one of the ten items. The higher you score on the quiz the more likely you are to have physical and mental health problems as an adult. So these stupid bimbos who stay with abusive men ARE harming their kids.
January 04, 2021
kman
Now the dirty little secret. More pahrunts need CPS on their asses.

Agreed. I am certain that minority families are targeted unfairly by current practices, just by dint of the fact that racism is so rampant in all of the US's...well, everything. But that is a separate fucking issue from leaving kids in abusive households, whether the kids are the direct targets of abuse or not. I was mentally/emotionally and, occasionally, physically abused as a kid, and I can say that the mental and emotional crap was exponentially worse than being smacked around. As in, there's little to no comparison in which kind of abuse is still affecting me decades later. Any woman who keeps a kid in a house where she is being abused should be charged with child abuse, herself.
January 04, 2021
CPS saved my life. If she thinks a two year old won't normalize seeing abuse after being exposed to it than she is nuts. What makes her think only her life was threatened? We all know abusers will kill/harm children just to spite their significant others. What did she think was going to happen? Her loser boyfriend kills her and her ghost protects the two year old?

dumb moo
Despite the difficulties with her partner, she considered them both to be excellent parents.

A partner willing to murder her is an excellent parunt? This is exactly why CPS is needed. She has a serious amount of self-delusion. And really, to use the "he is only violent when he drinks" old saw? What did she plan to do---wrangle it out of his hand every time he reaches for it? Follow him everywhere he goes to wrangle the alcohol from him? And what happens when he becomes combative for being denied alcohol? Get real.
January 04, 2021
Here are some excerpts from the article:

Her ordeal began at 5 a.m. on August 15, 2013. While her partner and their 2-year-old son slept, Montauban retreated to the bathroom with her cellphone. She dialed the number of Safe Horizon, a domestic abuse hotline whose services include counseling and relocation assistance she had seen advertised in subway stations for years. Montauban had just experienced violence at the hands of her partner that made her fear for her life. Trying to stay as quiet as possible, she was looking for help to break a cycle of toxic behavior. Maybe Safe Horizon could refer them to couples therapy or find transitional housing for her and her son as they worked things out.

At around 5:45 p.m., Carmen Nelson called Montauban, who was still at work at a school. ACS had filed a petition requesting that her son be removed from her care for a few reasons: He had allegedly observed domestic violence; Montauban’s partner had neglected the child; and Montauban refused to file an order of protection against her partner that would stop him from seeing his son. While Montauban had originally made the call for help, she felt like no one was doing anything to help her. Instead they were ruining her life. The petition had been approved by a judge, and Montauban’s son was taken from the daycare and put into foster care. He wouldn’t return home that day—or any day over the next five years.

Gosh, Moo, I'm sorry they were ruining your life by expecting you to protect your kid (and yourself).

The whole article is proof why we need CPS.
January 05, 2021
And why do these Moos always say they want to do couples therapy/counseling and "work things out" with their abusers? What exactly is there to work out? Let's agree to let Daddy beat Mommy every other day instead of every day? Some relationships are not worth trying to salvage and you'd think that abusive relationships fall into that category, but I guess I just don't understaaaand because I'm not a moooother. If the abusive father turned his violence toward the kid, Moo would still find some way to justify staying with him. Contrary to popular belief, Moos sometimes don't know or care what is best for their children.

I looked up this woman's name and found her Twitter. Apparently she also wants to abolish foster care and prisons too. I think it's safe to say this lady is just fucked in the head because it seems she wants to do away with services that protect others from the scum of society.

According to this article: https://youthtoday.org/2019/06/new-york-child-welfare-advocates-want-parents-to-have-representation-when-their-children-removed/

...the Moo did file for an order of protection for herself against the abusive Duh, but not for a similar order against him for her son. She also said that fathers in the black community are quite often absent and she didn't want her kid to be just another fatherless statistic. Because apparently a violent bastard father is better than no father.

I'll bet she's still with the Duh too, and if the kid starts slapping girls around when he gets older, Moo will use the "boys will be boys" excuse.
January 05, 2021

She also said that fathers in the black community are quite often absent and she didn't want her kid to be just another fatherless statistic.

Well if she doesn't want that for her kid, perhaps she should have chosen better? She was not in an arranged marriage and nobody forced her to fuck that cretin. Most women in the U.S. can pick their partners. So pick better.

And this bitch is just dumb. This dude is a violent and angry person who thinks it's fine to beat women. How long until he hits his kids? And in the rare event that he does not, he's likely raising another abuser.

Mother Jones isn't doing itself any favors publishing this drivel.
January 05, 2021
Cambion
Because apparently a violent bastard father is better than no father.

We do everyone in society a disservice by perpetuating the myth, not only that you MUST have children, but that children require a mother and a father to be raised well. We really need to normalize single parents, two women, two men, or any other combination so long as the parents are good freaking parents, alongside childfreedom as a valid choice. People are way too hung up on the mythical "nuclear family" idea.
January 05, 2021
I agree, this horse shit about staying together "for the kids" is and always will be a horrible idea. Why is it considered best for a child to be raised by two dysfunctional people who hate one another, fight, and possibly become violent with each other? It's better for a kid to be witness to all that fuckery and quite possibly become a victim of it just so they can have two parents instead of one? I don't see how. Plenty of Moos over on breakingmom say their lives become so much easier and they themselves become better parents when they leave their husbands.

Quality control applies to breeding - either reproduce with someone who doesn't suck or don't be afraid to get away from them if they do suck. Why is this so hard? Why are Moos always ready to do everything except the most sensible thing when they wind up in shitty relationships?
January 05, 2021

Why is this so hard? Why are Moos always ready to do everything except the most sensible thing when they wind up in shitty relationships?

Because it would mean putting down the cock. And to be fair, I don't cut single Duds any slack either when they do the same thing.

Bringing a stepfather into house increases the likelihood of violence and/or sexual abuse toward the children, particularly girl children. (I've not seen statistics on it, but I would not be surprised if kids fare worse with stepmothers too.)

The world would be a better place if Breeders just stayed single and raised their kids to adulthood before they brought someone else in the house. You made this kid because you were in LUUUUUV, now raise it and give it your full attention.

And serial Breeders are the worst. They fucked up one time, but many cannot wait to fuck it up again because they LLLLLUUUUVVVV their new partner. (Just as they did the old one, but I digress.)

Most Breeders are not willing to give up their sex lives, but they should be. (Use a vibrator or jerk off.)

Putting the kiddies first is just lip service to them.
January 10, 2021
To put it bluntly, CPS saved my life.My mother drank whilst pregnant with me, then neglected me after. The whole thing came to a head just shy of my second birthday, when my brother was seen by a neighbor running the street naked. When they came to the house, they found both parents passed out drunk. When they examined me after removing me, i could not walk, or talk...at all--and my main fontanelles were still open. When my adoptive parents got me, I could still only say three words--at 3 1/2 years of age.

What these bints don't "get" is that CPS does not remove children from their birth families lightly. The foster system is over-stressed and adoptive parents willing to adopt special-needs, racial minority, or older children are few and far between. It is not in the system's or the child's interest to remove a child unless she or she needs to be removed. Today, especially, the trend is to try to keep the family intact if possible, with couselling and other services. To put it bluntly again, these bints have NO idea of what they're talking about.
January 12, 2021
MerlynHerne
To put it bluntly, CPS saved my life.My mother drank whilst pregnant with me, then neglected me after. The whole thing came to a head just shy of my second birthday, when my brother was seen by a neighbor running the street naked. When they came to the house, they found both parents passed out drunk. When they examined me after removing me, i could not walk, or talk...at all--and my main fontanelles were still open. When my adoptive parents got me, I could still only say three words--at 3 1/2 years of age.

What these bints don't "get" is that CPS does not remove children from their birth families lightly. The foster system is over-stressed and adoptive parents willing to adopt special-needs, racial minority, or older children are few and far between. It is not in the system's or the child's interest to remove a child unless she or she needs to be removed. Today, especially, the trend is to try to keep the family intact if possible, with couselling and other services. To put it bluntly again, these bints have NO idea of what they're talking about.

I could not agree more with the above statements.

One of my previous jobs was working with young offenders and part of that was interaction with Child Protective Services.
Although there are always extremely rare exceptions, the vast majority of troubled youth could be directly traced to shitty parents who were given far too many chances to be functional decent parents.
January 13, 2021
and the parunts lie through their teeth as well.
I started a book, tears of the silenced...
I could not bring myself to read it...
Abuse amongst the Amish and how they hide it and hide behind 'religion'.
Appalling. I could not read it. Hopefully it may come to an end but it is a two edged sword..

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login