Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AITA...I think this guy may have bigger problems...

Posted by twocents 
AITA...I think this guy may have bigger problems...
January 11, 2021
From AITA... and btw, most of the posters did not think he was an ass...

AITA for ruining my childs gender reveal?
Myself (27M) and my wife (27F) are having a boy, we already have a girl who is now 2. My wife is really into films, oscar type films and she is like an analyser when watching them so she wanted to make a gender reveal short film, 10 minutes long to say we're having a girl, kind of weird but I went along with it, we posted it and she was super happy with it but it cost so much, she hired expensive cameras, we drove out to scenic areas for the right shot, I'm working full time during this process, exhausting

So we just found out that we're having a boy and she started writing a script, I thought there's no fucking way I'm doing that again so I posted on facebook "we're having a boy", she's pissed at me telling me to delete it but the damage is done, I don't feel bad, I saved us at least £4k.

What I don't get it why she's just making films about gender reveals, she can write a script about anything and not be on a strict ~6-7 month time limit.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Re: AITA...I think this guy may have bigger problems...
January 11, 2021
I don't think he did anything wrong - they'd get the exact same amount of ass pats for a long-winded video announcing what's between their fetus' legs as they would with just saying what they're having and calling it a day. Take that money he saved and put it toward things the kid needs, or hell, use it to make a nice boy nursery or something if the gender is so important. Why waste money on professional camera work for something so trivial? Or if Moo wants to make a video so bad, she still can, but she can pay for the whole thing. I would love to know what their incomes are like and if any of that $4K was coming out of her pocket or if it was all Duh's.

I guess it's at least good they aren't starting any forest fires to announce their impending loaf's genitalia, but why do I foresee an oops in the future because Moo-wifey was robbed of her precious gender reveal video opportunity?

A lot of people are calling the guy out on not discussing this crap with Moo-wife before making the simple written announcement himself, but he probably didn't discuss it with her because he knew there would be a fight. To be fair, it sounds like these two people are probably not very compatible with one another and have pretty shite communication. Good parenting material, in other words. I would also not be surprised if Moo does not bond as much with this child because she didn't get to announce his gender the way she wanted because Moos are petty like that.

Sounds like Moo doesn't give a fuck about Duh either, making him drive around with her when he's clearly exhausted from working (and her most likely not working and doing little more than eating, peeing, waddling and bitching). My guess is Moo has no goddamn job and has all the time/energy in the world to spare for stupid bullshit like this. I'm assuming she guilted him into going on these little video excursions because if he didn't go, he would be a "bad" father. I suppose he could have discussed it with her before making the announcement, but he sounds like he just wasn't in the mood for a repeat performance of the daughter's bullshit.
Re: AITA...I think this guy may have bigger problems...
January 11, 2021
Clearly duh has concerns about spending another 4K plus on a second video. It seems like a huge waste of money to me too. If there is smoke, there is fire. Hope moo doesn't bankrupt him! I would guess he found the 4k expenditure painful but was choosing his battles with moo.

Perhaps next time she could pick a subject that has 100% chance of being true before investing over 4K into it? And perhaps she could earn the 4K in case she hasn't learned money doesn't grow on trees?

Duh should encourage her to sell the video to an expectant moo having a gurl. Never mind, the video was posted and we all know she was probably in every scene so this wouldn't make sense.

Can you imagine what was going through the film crew's head(s) when they created this video?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login