Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo cries in bathroom while kids snitch on her for eating cheesecake--MLK day exclusive smiling smiley

Posted by cfuter 
From AITA on reddit. The point isn't if she is an A-hole or not...but for our own schadenfreude, this is how the childed spend their MLK day. And so many things here. I honestly think my parents never went thru this shit. Becuz they were allowed to put down rules/boundaries, and drop the hammer if they broken? IDK. I just dont mean my parents but any household I was in w/ family and friends. Sure, the parents of the 80s and way long before, just wanted us to go out and play and be outta their hair, but this crying in the bathroom stuff....I never saw that, nor ever heard of it, even afterward as an adult. Also, I would NEVER said anything that my mom did to my grandma, I just knew better. What a brat....altho she's a just dumb kid. But if our parents said no dessert today, that was it, not tell grandma. And, who the fuck is grandma....kids dont get equal rights when it comes to what the parents buy. Can't adults just explain cheesecake is for mommy today, maybe a treat tommorrow and have it be it? Reading this again, no parent of yesteryear would hide in a bathroom and eat and have headphones on. Altho yelling just means you lost control, these parents should have FIRMLY said, "this is it, no more arguing crying and other bullshit, we're eating now in calm silence and have a nice evening. Just eat your 1000 calorie burritos and like it" Besides....todays brats eat junk food all day, don't they? I mean what did they expect grandma to do? Spank mommie for eating cheesecake? I told my neice once, she had to listen to grandma but I as an adult didnt take orders from her.(right in front of grandma). Put an end of neice trying to have granny tell me what to do.

Here's the post: (emphasis mine)

I am working from home and my husband is an essential worker. We have three children (11F, 8M, 6F). Even though my workplace was technically "closed" because of the holiday, I still had a lot of work to catch up on and with them being out of school today I just barely kept them alive and occupied. Throughout the day, I dealt with several silly arguments and tantrums of epic proportions. Our oldest has officially learned to slam doors and stomp her feet when told no and we had to take a trip to the pharmacy to get gauze and ointment because our youngest walked into the counter and got a cut on her forehead.

I called him crying just before he got off and he brought Chipotle home for dinner and cheesecake for me. Our oldest asked if she could try it and he told her no before I could. She then started complaining that he didn't bring dessert home for anyone else, which the younger kids immediately latched onto. He told them maybe tomorrow and more arguing followed. I took my burrito bowl and my cheesecake in the bathroom, put my earphones in and ate my food while sitting on the toilet.

On a video call with her grandmother (my MIL), my daughter told her about the cheesecake fiasco and added that I ate my food in the bathroom. My husband asked her for his phone back, which ended with her agreeing with the kids and telling him that it was wrong of him to only get dessert for me and telling me that I need to be better under pressure, it only gets harder (DD is nearly a teenager), running isn't the answer (which on most days I agree with this - just not today).

We told her that we had to go and ended the call but AITA for hiding in the bathroom while my household collapsed over cheesecake?

And, let's all say it....so glad it's not Me!!!!! All the joyous testimonials are mostly Bullshit. So sad people are living like this ON purpose.
I just read a couple replies to the op and the nice thing is people are telling her the eleven yr old is a bratbouncing and laughing.
There is no way in Hell my parents would have cried in a situation like this.

Wow, all the adults in this situation (except MIL) have an authority problem and the inmates are running the asylum.

It sounds like the son is what you would call a limp dick--he needs to tell his mother to bail out.

The 11 year old and the 8 year old should be well past the tantrum stage and should be relatively self sufficient with some supervision. They all sound like toadlers.
I'm glad I'm not in this household, that's all I gotta say...

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
She needs to learn to say "life is not fair" to her kids if they complain when she says "no". Then she eats the cheesecake in front of the brats. If they think every time someone else gets something that they are also entitled simply because they exist then we end up with even more specul sneauwflakes in the world. We have more than enough as it is. And who will feel it the most? These parunts!
Those little wank stains don't deserve dessert with behavior like that. If the only place she can eat in peace is in the bathroom, then so be it, but you know it probably wasn't in peace, hence the headphones - the brats were probably screeching and body slamming the door trying to get in because MOMMY HAS CAKE I WANT CAKE!!1

Or the parents could, you know, be PARENTS. If the kids are gonna act like brats, then treat them like brats. Throw all three of them over your knee and beat their asses. Sometimes adults get things that kids don't. Sometimes kids get things that adults don't. That's just how it is, and on that day, Moo got some cheesecake and the kids didn't because it sounds like Duh wanted to get her a treat after a rough day. The brats were the cause of the rough day, so they don't need to be rewarded.

And what kind of infantile little shit is stomping her feet when she doesn't get her own way at age eleven? I was already having periods at that age and she's still acting like a toddler? I'd probably ask her if she wants a diaper change and a bottle when she throws tantrums like that.

If they really want cheesecake for the whole famblee, it's not fucking hard to make one from scratch. Honestly, the recipe's right in the cream cheese box, it's relatively easy to make and the cake is massive. Even a bizzy Moo can find time to make a cheesecake. But these kids also suck, so I personally wouldn't go out of my way to make them anything special.

Glad I don't have to deal with this horse shit. I can eat my meals and desserts without interruption wherever I want. But these morons chose to reproduce, so I can't say I pity them. Their shit parenting is also likely why the kids are so horribly behaved too, so they have absolutely nobody to blame for all this mess except themselves. Given the brats' reactions, I would be tempted to do this more often - get dessert for myself and not share it with them just to piss them off.
I just munched down a chunk of cheese cake in my home office. I had to bribe the cat with kitteh treats so so she wouldn't meow me out to the wife!hysterical laughter

I just munched down a chunk of cheese cake in my home office. I had to bribe the cat with kitteh treats so so she wouldn't meow me out to the wife!hysterical laughter

Cats are different. Bribing them is okay as they are the keeper of secrets!
Hope it worked..does your wife know about the cheese cake?
There would be no sneaking cheese cake past me....loves the cheese cake!
Cambion
Glad I don't have to deal with this horse shit. I can eat my meals and desserts without interruption wherever I want. But these morons chose to reproduce, so I can't say I pity them. Their shit parenting is also likely why the kids are so horribly behaved too, so they have absolutely nobody to blame for all this mess except themselves. Given the brats' reactions, I would be tempted to do this more often - get dessert for myself and not share it with them just to piss them off.

And you aren't eating what you want in a bathroom either, that is just gross! I'm assuming part of the reason for the bathroom is due to a lock on the door which is necessary when a parunt refuses to be the adult and set appropriate boundaries.
I was just thinking this...why didnt she go into the bedroom, the bedroom must also have a lock on it. If not, I'd put one on for a multitude of reasons with these a-hole kids.
I went back, she has since deleted the post. everyone told her she was not the asshole. dont know why she deleted it.
freya
thom_c

Cats are different. Bribing them is okay as they are the keeper of secrets!
Hope it worked..does your wife know about the cheese cake?
There would be no sneaking cheese cake past me....loves the cheese cake!

She bought it LOL. But there is the old evil cholesterol thing to worry about...

Fortunately Miss Kitteh loves here Greenies!

Click here to login