Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Child abuse up during pandemic...and who's surprised?

Posted by kittehpeoples 
Child abuse up during pandemic...and who's surprised?
January 30, 2021
A children's hospital in Ontario notes a "disturbing trend" of violence toward children by their parents during the pandemic, because apparently being around their children too much makes parents want to beat them.

Re: Child abuse up during pandemic...and who's surprised?
January 31, 2021
should be reported on more, not whiney articles that we aren't breeding enough

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 31, 2021
kittehpeoples
A children's hospital in Ontario notes a "disturbing trend" of violence toward children by their parents during the pandemic, because apparently being around their children too much makes parents want to beat them.

Many parents aren't parents but breeders.

When they are told they must:

1. Economically support their cum-stains
2. Find a way to supervise remote learning
3. Still parent, and do all of this 24/7/365
4. There will be no end in sight to this regimen

They find themselves unprepared to do so. They were only prepared to drop said cum-stains on teachers and or grandparents all day.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 31, 2021
Not surprising in the least, and I imagine domestic violence in general is on the rise too. Being stuck at home means kids won't be in contact with people who might see signs of abuse (such as teachers) who can report the parents to CPS. Many physically abusive parents are also smart and will only hit kids in places where bruises can be hidden, like on the back and legs, so even distance/virtual learning is no refuge and since Mom and Dad are most likely home while Junior is in a virtual classroom, the kid can't confide in the teacher because their parents will overhear it or see the kid showing their teacher the fist marks in their back from Dad and beat them more.

Making kids stay home all day long also forces parents to be in contact with them for much longer, which makes them a lot more intolerable. Breeders who were one single utterance of "mommy" away from beating the living piss out of their brats for existing could rely on in-person schooling as a refuge from them to restore their sanity juuuuust enough to not murder their brats. They no longer have that, so they're probably not as shy about walloping their kids now because who's gonna know?
January 31, 2021
Abuse may be up, but in my area the actual reports to CPS are down for reasons similar to what Cambion cited: kids aren't around mandated reporters enough for anyone to notice telltale patterns of behavior, etc that set off their radar.
January 31, 2021
randomcfchick
Abuse may be up, but in my area the actual reports to CPS are down for reasons similar to what Cambion cited: kids aren't around mandated reporters enough for anyone to notice telltale patterns of behavior, etc that set off their radar.

Right, so whatever numbers we are hearing are in reality much worse. Horrific.

The hypocrisy is galling, though, isn't it? The same people who metaphorically bludgeon us with bingos about how their kids mean everything to them and give their life purpose are literally bludgeoning those same kids because they can't stand to be around them too many hours in a row.
January 31, 2021
No surprise here.

I live in a county that has historically been red but has flipped blue the last two elections. Things are still pretty tense here. The School Board has apparently been taken over by red Trumper types, because they decided to go back to in person schooling now, even though the teachers are not yet vaccinated. On the news tonight there was some disturbing video of what happened at a School Board meeting and the Concerned ParuntsTM who were speaking up. A Trump-looking parunt (white, 30-ish male, Polygamist beard with long sideburns, big gut and dumpy looking flannel shirt) was screaming, "FIGURE IT OUT HOW TO GET OUR KIDZ BACK TO SCHOOL." (sic)

It would only be a matter of weeks for the teachers to get vaccinated, but nobody gives a shit about them. And even though kids generally fare better with COVID, this decision is not without risk to them. Some will get sick.

Where I'm going with this: I do not buy that these Concerned ParuntsTM are thinking about their kids, because if they were, they would be concerned about them getting sick. (Not to mention bringing it home to others in the family, but if they are Trumpers they probably think the virus is fake anyway.)

They just want their kids TF out of their hair. They want to dump them on the school and teachers as they always have. Some of them are really upset that they have to watch their own kids and they are taking it out on those kids and everyone else.
February 01, 2021
Breeders will gladly send their kids out in any conditions if it means the kids will be anywhere but near the parents. Send the kids to school in awful/dangerous weather, with a communicable disease, into an active school shooter situation, with a non-communicable but still miserable sickness, injured, dying, you name it. Consider how often pre-COVID parents would send their brat to school with a fever or the chickenpox or lice or projectile vomiting/diarrhea and then won't answer their phone when the school calls them to come retrieve their sick child.

Breeders don't give a damn about their kids' well-being, which is why we have things like the "mom code" (which we discussed here already) and parents fighting tooth and nail to end virtual learning and re-instate in-person learning in spite of a pandemic that has claimed hundreds of thousands of lives and shows no signs of slowing down. Not out of any real concern for their kids or their education, but because they want someone else (who they don't have to pay) to mind their sproggen for a few hours every day.

Parents are forced to stay home with their kids now because both schools and employers are doing distance work and they're taking their frustration out on the kids. Funny how these same people will tell us how wooooooorth it being a parent is when the only thing keeping them from committing child abuse is an educational facility. There would be so many fucked kids if the Nebraska Safe Haven Law was unveiled in 2020.
February 02, 2021
We always knew it, but the pandemic showed that breeders’ parenting plans were wholly contingent upon being able to throw their kids at other people all day. None of them even think of things like snow days where the schools and daycares are closed, let alone the potential of what has been happening. Nobody plans out what they would do if the schools and daycares are closed and they have no support system to help with their children. Now they’re beating up their children because they can’t handle being around them. And yet, these were the people that demanded to have all holidays and weekends off and leave early every day claiming to spend time with their kids.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
February 03, 2021
paragon schnitzophonic
We always knew it, but the pandemic showed that breeders’ parenting plans were wholly contingent upon being able to throw their kids at other people all day. None of them even think of things like snow days where the schools and daycares are closed, let alone the potential of what has been happening. Nobody plans out what they would do if the schools and daycares are closed and they have no support system to help with their children. Now they’re beating up their children because they can’t handle being around them. And yet, these were the people that demanded to have all holidays and weekends off and leave early every day claiming to spend time with their kids.

Holy hell, snow days. When I was a teacher, the parental whining about snow days was off the charts. Whenever the district would announce a snow day, one of the places they would do so would be on Facebook. On such a post there would be at least 200 comments, with half of them being from breeders bitching about not having someone to watch their kids and what were they supposed to do now!?! Bitch, you know snow days were a thing. Snow days were a thing since you were a child, what made you think you wouldn’t need to have a snow day plan in place for your own kid?

That’s why I have no sympathy when these breeders complain that nobody could have planned for the pandemic. Sure, it is an unprecedented event, but you people never bothered planning for the expected events, either.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
February 03, 2021
LoveToLurk
That’s why I have no sympathy when these breeders complain that nobody could have planned for the pandemic. Sure, it is an unprecedented event, but you people never bothered planning for the expected events, either.

That's the crux of it! It's like none of these parents actually expected to have to take care of their own children 24 hours in a row, EVER.
February 03, 2021
kittehpeoples

That's the crux of it! It's like none of these parents actually expected to have to take care of their own children 24 hours in a row, EVER.

Sounds about right. Breeders have always had some other party to dump their kids on in order to prevent them from ever having to mind their own kids for an extended period of time beyond maybe the first few months of their lives. Dump them on Meemaw and Peepaw, dump them on some other relative, dump them on an older sibling, dump them on a teenage girl for $3 an hour, then once they get to be about two years old, they can be dumped in preschool/daycare and then dumped in normal school until they turn 18. It's amazing how many women continue to be SAHMs when their brats are all in school. So if there's no one to be a mom to, why are they at home?

Things like snow days, school breaks, half days, Act 80 days, and so on really throw a monkey wrench into breeder plans because they have nowhere to store their brats and actually have to parent them, and they didn't sign up for that shit! No siree! The whole point of having kids is so someone else can deal with them at least 50% of the time. bemused eye roll
February 04, 2021
Interestingly, making baybees appears to be a popular pastime right now. I was at the salon last week (wearing a mask, salon was following COVID rules etc - just feel I need to say that) and a woman was going on about how all her friends are pregnant and their pictures are filling up her social media feed, and how she was so excited for them. I was in an auditorium waiting for a meeting and overheard some people (hospital workers who work with COVID patients!) talking about the same thing, like yay more people during a pandemic! With all that is being publicized about how much it sucks to have kids right now, not to mention our failing planet, civil unrest, and so on, people are still dumb enough to romanticize making baybees. That plus how Trump and COVID has illuminated the stupidity of so many has finally landed me 100% in compassion fatigue territory.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login