Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reddit autizmoo wants to know "AITA" for missing her daughter's awards ceremony because tard meltdown

Posted by ladybug2203 
And she's basically missed every single event and her daughter's life as per her own admission, I say good on the daughter for cutting her out of her life.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/bu4ugr/aita_i_missed_my_daughters_award_ceremony_because/
the whole thing has been closed to commenting. the chickens are home to roost and it is not pleasant. wonder what mom is planning on doing with awtard when she gets too old.
my ex sil had a retarded daughter, barely communicative. she had a nasty habit of when she wasn't feeling good she would hit. I would sometimes go along with her taking the tard to doc. One point I was waiting in the car for mom to come out. Well, tardley hit me. I said 'no'. Hit me again. 'NO, Stop'. Hit me again. I punched her in the arm, not hard, just a good thump. Tardley looked shocked, hit me again, and was thumped in return again. Then she had a boo hoo crying meltdown. Tried to get out and waddle off but I wouldn't let her. Just got out and leaned against door as if I was relaxing. By the time mom got back out she was better, just some sniffles. I don't think she ever tried that stunt with me again.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
So, he has tantrums and gets his way every time and moo has let this fester for her daughter's entire life.

I wouldn't be surprised if this comment has some validity too since the brat is obviously #1 in moo's life. She'll expect someone else to take over for her:

Commenter
Makes me wonder if she'd also been grooming her daughter to take over and take care of her brother once mom was too old.
This kind of case makes me think it would be appropriate to euthanize this kind of tard. These tards will never have a life that is worth living. Hell, they can't even keep themselves alive without lots of economic output from the 'village'.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Yes, that Moo is an asshole. Her tard child might be more high needs, but she's still a mother of two and it's very obvious that she has neglected her normal child's life and achievements in favor of the awtarded brat for the last two decades and missing her graduation was the last straw for the daughter.

The poor girl didn't have a father and then she had to watch her waste of oxygen asshole brother get all her remaining parent's attention. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Tardo would intentionally throw tantrums whenever he thought her attention might be diverted to his sister. Tards are not as stupid as some people think - they can be just as manipulative as any other child at times.

I'm glad the daughter went no contact because it's clear who the golden child is in the family and she knows it's not her. Moo will do nothing but continue to let her daughter down so she can smooch her tard child's ass forever and she has no right to complain when she chose to put her tard before her normal child. I sure hope the shrieking flaptard was worth losing her other child, quite possibly for good.

twocents
my ex sil had a retarded daughter, barely communicative. she had a nasty habit of when she wasn't feeling good she would hit. I would sometimes go along with her taking the tard to doc. One point I was waiting in the car for mom to come out. Well, tardley hit me. I said 'no'. Hit me again. 'NO, Stop'. Hit me again. I punched her in the arm, not hard, just a good thump. Tardley looked shocked, hit me again, and was thumped in return again. Then she had a boo hoo crying meltdown. Tried to get out and waddle off but I wouldn't let her. Just got out and leaned against door as if I was relaxing. By the time mom got back out she was better, just some sniffles. I don't think she ever tried that stunt with me again.

It goes to show that even the biggest tards are capable of putting two and two together, and will remember who will and will not take their shit.
I had a somewhat similar situation in my upbringing.
The main difference was that my goldenchild brother got all the attention and accolades, where I got none.
Our accomplishments in life were roughly equal and yet I do not ever recall them showing up or being supportive in any way for me.
I can list dozens and dozens of supportive actions that they did for Goldenchild, though.

I gave both parents plenty of chances in childhood, teens and young adulthood to be even-handed, but it never happened.
Selfish people focus on a single event as if there were not hundreds of other incidents that caused this to happen.
If that child is told in actions or words that they do not count (eg. 55 times per year x 15 years) do not be surprised when that child eventually believes that s/he does not matter after abundant proof.
Eventually as a young adult, I gave up any hope of fairness, reasonableness or attention coming my way from my biological parents/

It was a bit heartbreaking because we are fed the lie by society that parents always take care of their children equally.
Once I got past that, and faced reality, it was incredibly freeing to be no longer tied to dysfunctional parents and letting go of hope that their behaviour would ever improve.

I learned to build a family by choice of actually supportive people and let go of that dysfunctional biological family.
I regret nothing.
Moo should be relieved, she's now free to focus entirely on the tard.
cassia, have they come snuffling after you 'to take care of them' yet?

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
twocents
cassia, have they come snuffling after you 'to take care of them' yet?

I had slowly eased out of my parents' lives progressively over years.
There was some pressure from direct relatives, neighbours and townspeople, but also from general society members who had no clue about the parent/child situation.
I learned to have a brief pat statement or two to reel out when people said stupid things about supporting my parents.

The worst was a few years ago when each of them was dying/ had died.
I stuck to my position and still did not bend, except to a single brief unsatisfactory phone call when requested to do so.
of a truth cassia there. unsatisfactory. after that amount of time there really is almost nothing left anyway. and the outside oblivious, they are what's called flying monkeys. can't or won't see the truth.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

Part of me wonders if the AITA poster was a troll. One commenter mentioned noticing she did not respond to any comments. She made only the original post. Now, most commenters were handing her ass to her, but you'd think she would have tried to defend herself even a little bit.

Also, the final straw was missing her daughter's uni event. She did not mention at all what happened when the daughter graduated from high school. I find that omission surprising. Was she not there? Or what?

If she isn't a troll, then the post was appalling. Of course. Tardley needed some thrashing a long time ago when he pulled his shit, and it seems he never got any.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login