Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sometimes I wonder how marriages ever survive kids

Posted by cfdavep 
Sometimes I wonder how marriages ever survive kids
February 03, 2021
....and the resulting forced attachment to inlaws
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mom-called-hoe-mil-keeping-232643821.html

A moo marries a guy who's family is religiously nutty. The grandmoo wants the 10 year old daughter to attend a purity ball and the moo says "no" grandmoo calls her a "hoe" when moo is opposed to this and hubby thinks the kid should go.

It seems that breeders will just marry ANYBODY who will have kids with them and pay the bills and then this happens...
Re: Sometimes I wonder how marriages ever survive kids
February 03, 2021
cfdavep
....and the resulting forced attachment to inlaws
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mom-called-hoe-mil-keeping-232643821.html

A moo marries a guy who's family is religiously nutty. The grandmoo wants the 10 year old daughter to attend a purity ball and the moo says "no" grandmoo calls her a "hoe" when moo is opposed to this and hubby thinks the kid should go.

It seems that breeders will just marry ANYBODY who will have kids with them and pay the bills and then this happens...

'Purity balls' are certainly on my list of shit gatherings.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
February 03, 2021
I hope the moo seriously considers not allowing the grandmo to push religion down her grand daughter's throat.

The fact that she called her DIL a hoe will hopefully be enough to significantly reduce contact with the cunt.

I'm thrilled this purity stuff wasn't well known when I was a kid because it would have had me on the outs with my famblee because I wouldn't have participated based on principle of it being completely idiotic.

I had a relative who was given bribed and coerced with a purity ring, which was some kind of CHEAP sterling silver and it broke within a short period of time. Guess who found a screaming deal ($50) and sent her a 14K ring for Christmas? Jewelry shouldn't carry an obligation but a hope the new owner will love it.

Those kids that buy into the purity ring nonsense often marry very young (because it is the only way to have shame-free sex in their world) and end up divorced!

Not only that but do these idiots forget what it is like to be a teenager? Because I remember very clearly once a teenager made up her/his mind to do something it was happening.
February 03, 2021
I like some of the comments on the original reddit post calling out the moo for letting the MiL take the daughter to church regularly in the first place, then balking at the purity ball...as they were pointing out, the twisted morals that culminate in a stupid purity ball are already being embedded in her daughter's subconscious at those church services, but taking her to church was okay because it gave moo a day away from her kid.
February 04, 2021
Dafuq is a purity ball? Is that like prom without getting nailed in a backseat? If it's something organized by the church, then I assume it involves a severe degree of mindfuckery and indoctrination because the church has a very unhealthy obsession with female sexuality and how it's used. As far as this purity ball, I can only imagine they just told the kid it was a fun little dance so when her Moo inevitably says no, she'll look like the bad guy for wanting to prevent her child from having a good time.

And really, they can't think of any other ways to bond besides forcing the kid to go to church? Church is boring as fuck to children, what is there to bond over? I sure as fuck wouldn't be letting the MIL be alone with the daughter because I guarantee she's telling the kid what a whore and awful mother her mom is and how the girl can be different if she finds God.

Frankly I'm surprised the marriage even happened because I know aggressively religious people tend to marry into similarly religious families and it sounds like the Moo wife is probably unaffiliated or doesn't follow any god-based belief system.

Brats put a big enough strain on a marriage and when you throw in meddlesome in-laws, you're skating on thin ice with hot blades. Brats, awful in-laws AND religious conflict? I don't know how the parents managed to stay married, especially since it seems like Duh is siding with his mommy. Most husbands wouldn't put up with their mothers calling their wives hoes, but this one doesn't seem to be defending his spouse much, especially since he made these plans behind her back.
February 04, 2021
Cambion, I think a purity ball is an extra-clean testicle. bouncing smileys That wisecrack would piss off those fundies.

Seriously, though, a classic "ball" (formal dance) is one of those stuffy events kids would find boring. If that church is running a purity ball like that, most of the kids won't be that impressed. They're making it sound like a party; it's probably not.

I didn't go to my high school prom because formal events like that just weren't my cup of tea even later in my teens. Never regretted the decision.

Maybe, just maybe, I could understand something like that (just a little bit) if boys are expected to participate and live up to a purity promise equally with the girls, but that doesn't seem to be how that stuff works with fundies. Fundies are obsessed with female sexuality, as Cambion mentioned. They just don't seem to be as obsessed with the boys.

And now you see why I could never marry someone from a really religious family. The in-laws would try to impose their beliefs and ru(i)n everything.
February 04, 2021
Cambion
Dafuq is a purity ball?

Is it like those creepy "Daddy & Daughter" dances?
February 04, 2021
Medusa
Cambion
Dafuq is a purity ball?

Is it like those creepy "Daddy & Daughter" dances?

Yes. The Daddy is the daughter's 'date' to the dance.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
February 04, 2021
kman

Maybe, just maybe, I could understand something like that (just a little bit) if boys are expected to participate and live up to a purity promise equally with the girls, but that doesn't seem to be how that stuff works with fundies. Fundies are obsessed with female sexuality, as Cambion mentioned. They just don't seem to be as obsessed with the boys.

And now you see why I could never marry someone from a really religious family. The in-laws would try to impose their beliefs and ru(i)n everything.

Oh nooo. It doesn't work that way. Boys/men aren't responsible for their lusty feelings. It is the responsibility of the girls/women to be the gatekeepers. If girls/women are pure then boys/men will have no one to have sex with. There is no acknowledgement that the boys/men could have sex with each other or masturbate. It is also the fault of girls/women if the men are aggressive because she had to do something to provoke it. Basically all responsibility is pinned on females and often times she is found at fault even in rape. Because men are higher in rank. Women are pretty much breeding vessels.

The fact that mature females are sexual beings is never acknowledged. They are supposed to experience their first kiss on their wedding day and go from 0-100 on their wedding night and somehow figure out how to sexually satisfy their husband. Married women are expected to endure sex for the sake of their husbands. And absolutely no masturbating! The most extreme will not even allow their daughters to kiss a boy or go on an unchaperoned date, sometimes until they are engaged. It is a great way to ensure their daughter(s) are married and knocked up by 20.

Avoid really religious famblees like the plague. A famblee member of mine married a woman who hadn't been a JW since she was a kid. He would likely refer to himself as Christian but he doesn't attend church. One day pretty much out of the blue she decided to go full-hog JW.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login