Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lower birth rate, a MORAL FAILURE????

Posted by cfdavep 
Lower birth rate, a MORAL FAILURE????
February 09, 2021
On what planet:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/decline-us-birth-rate-not-135438840.html

How is not having a kid when you are poor, in the middle of a pandemic, not adding to climate change and a overburdened planet a MORAL FAILING? Jeus Chrst on a cracker
Re: Lower birth rate, a MORAL FAILURE????
February 09, 2021
cfdavep
On what planet: https://www.yahoo.com/news/decline-us-birth-rate-not-135438840.html

How is not having a kid when you are poor, in the middle of a pandemic, not adding to climate change and a overburdened planet a MORAL FAILING? Jeus Chrst on a cracker

Jesus Christ on a cracker is how I describe Christianity.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
February 16, 2021
It is written into church doctrine that church membership must keep increasing. Church existed because of contributions from members. More members, more contributions, more wealth for the church. Of course it is a "moral failure". No entity wants to see their accounts show red. They will use any and all tactics to reverse that, unless they can reinvent themselves and make some other source of income, like creating their own crypto currency, for example.

I think our political system system is based on the same principle it is why both sides of the isle encourage breeding. More people means more workers paying into the system.
February 16, 2021
What's so interesting about morals is that people seem to think theirs are universal and should apply to everyone. However, that isn't how it works - society's laws are the subset of things we agree on (or at least have to live with), and the rest you only get to apply to your own life. I'm an antinatalist, so my ethics say that reproduction is morally wrong, but I'm not expecting society to suddenly implement my views. The best we can all hope for is a mind-your-own-fucking-business compromise for any issues that only affect the individual. Every time I hear about some asshole wanting to restrict abortion, or prevent trans people from getting medical care, or stop gay people from marrying, I wonder how much they'd like it if the shoe was on the other foot and I got to make the rules according to my ethics. I'd love to see these creeps denied medical care based on their lack of plague precautions and locked up for proselytizing, except that unlike them I can see the dangers of one set of beliefs getting too tight a grip on society.
February 17, 2021
The people who regard the decision to be CF as a moral failure do so all the time, regardless of circumstances. This article was based on the following survey:

That study – based on an internet survey of roughly 2,000 straight women of childbearing age – found that a staggering 34% of respondents had chosen to wait to get pregnant, or to have fewer children, as a result of the pandemic

Jeez, the study is hardly scientific and the questions also indicate that women are POSTPONING the decision to have a kid or choosing to have fewer children. (Wouldn't you hope the weather and other economic factors would be causing people to reject the old chestnut that more children improve every situation?)

The yahoo article is merely a cleverly disguised grab for MOAR services for women who shit out brats.

It's always a foregone conclusion that if those wimmen (never talk about men) don't have children, it's because they need MOAR services. Their brains would explode to meet a woman who isn't interested, no matter how much "free" shit she would get.
February 18, 2021
I notice there is a lot of pro-choice people out there who feel the way to reduce the need for abortions is MORE welfare, free brat care and MORE free shit then, according to them, a baybee will start looking like a much better idea.
February 18, 2021
cfdavep
I notice there is a lot of pro-choice people out there who feel the way to reduce the need for abortions is MORE welfare, free brat care and MORE free shit then, according to them, a baybee will start looking like a much better idea.

If we do pass such, we need to have many more strings attached to these freebies. Unfortunately, Biden is a natalist and will pass natalist policies, however he is still better than that cat turd Trump.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
February 18, 2021
yurble
Every time I hear about some asshole wanting to restrict abortion, or prevent trans people from getting medical care, or stop gay people from marrying, I wonder how much they'd like it if the shoe was on the other foot and I got to make the rules according to my ethics.

Exactly. Most of those demanding handouts are parunts. As far as daycare goes it is typically up to 4 years per brat full time and then part time after school. For this parunts feel they are entitled to tax payer sponsored benefits. The only "winners" in this situation would be serial breeders. Everyone else paying in for taxes would be forced to pay in much more for taxes permanently than they would receive in benefits and a decent group would pay for a benefit they would never be able to take advantage of: childfree, childless and anyone whose brats are past daycare age. How can they not see this?

Instead of moo/poo leave paid by the guberment, let's make it general leave that isn't specific to a lifestyle choice other than being employed for a certain period of time to qualify.
Doesn't sound so appealing to the moo/poos now because they realize that it is a benefit anyone can take advantage of. If you're expected to pay, you should be able to take advantage of the benefit.

It also brings validity to the argument of saving money for your own damned leave (for whatever) if you want it. Or purchasing short term/long term disability insurance in case of illness.

I've heard more than one breeder argue the only people who should be able to marry are breeders. Childfree and any others shouldn't be allowed to marry. Breeders just want to monopolize the marriage benefits for themselves.

There are tons of charities for brats, if parunts want freebies then they can appeal to the charities.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login