Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some can't even afford diapers

Posted by cfdavep 
Some can't even afford diapers
March 03, 2021
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/parents-t-afford-diapers-t-010054064.html

....and can't go to work because of it. I guess they have to spend the day holding them over the crapper and waiting for a turd to go in the bowl and not on the floor.
Re: Some can't even afford diapers
March 03, 2021
Making a conscious decision to parunt may mean having to give up all convenience items, especially if single. Amazing how much money can be saved if convenience items are forfeited. This includes disposable diapers and it is pretty obvious from the article that disposable is the default. No, only if one can afford disposable. If the guberment is paying for it then no, disposable items are not an option. Many of the taxpayers who pay the tax dollars to fund welfare manage fine with little to no convenience items. Why does qualifying for welfare also mean free insurance, food, food banks, entertainment, diapers, cell phone, housing, discounted bus fares, up to a 36 mo. hardship deferment on student loan payments and very low cost internet?

Welfare mahms live like upper middle class famblees when I was growing up. Fast food? Discounts/free admission to zoos, museums, aquariums etc.? Both of these were rare treats.The admission cost for those things is more than many middle class can afford today.

What exactly is left to purchase if you have all these as freebies or near freebies? Alcohol, drugs and gambling?

https://lowincomerelief.com/fast-food-restaurants-ebt/

Yes! Your EBT card can get you and your family discounted or free admission to museums, theme parks, zoos, aquariums, and more. source: https://www.freshebt.com/state/washington/#approved-stores

Over 44 Million search results for "diaper bank"

Internet for $9.95 a month (guess who is paying for this? yes, all those that pay full price!)

Free cell phones: https://www.co.pierce.wa.us/3499/Cellphone-Lifeline-Program

Free cell service-up to 1,000 minutes: https://www.assurancewireless.com/lifeline-services/states/washington-lifeline-free-government-phone-service

https://www.communitytransit.org/orcalift

36 month economic hardship deferment on student loans

In WA state a two person household can make up to $34,480 and still qualify for welfare. So, a single mahm minimum wage will qualify for assistance. I'd wager a large portion of this funding goes to diapers because we all know it is disposable only for these bizzy parunts.

We all know parunts are the ones that always qualify for welfare at a much higher income level than anyone else becuz of famblee size. It is the single people making minimum wage that don't qualify for any assistance.

For many years all mahms washed out cloth diapers by hand then washed them in their wash machine or at a laundromat. No one is entitled to disposable diapers. And since when did internet access/cell phone service become an entitlement? What happened to hoofing it to the local library to be on the internet?
March 03, 2021
We have an epic thread about this issue but now it has a new name: Diaper insecure!. I had a lot to say about it then and say the same thing now. Whatever happened to all those cloth diapers? Why can't churches who want their members to have kids provide cloth diapers and washing machines and detergent? Whatever happened to using T shirts, hand towels, and hankerchiefs for diapers, better than letting them sit in it. And I notice they want period products too because the baby oven has to be kept in service.
March 03, 2021
cfdavep
I guess they have to spend the day holding them over the crapper and waiting for a turd to go in the bowl and not on the floor.

Some of them already do that with elimination communication, only instead of a toilet, they might hold their bare-assed kid over a mixing bowl or tupperware container.

Are parents taken by surprise by the fact that infants and toddlers piss and shit a LOT? Did they not consider the cost and availability of disposable diapers before getting knocked up and/or sluicing? Or the possibility that a lack of diapers could be an issue if they're poor? I know no one anticipated a long-term pandemic, but diapers were expensive before this crap started.

I also seriously doubt many parents use cloth diapers, not only because of the higher cost per diaper (even if they are reusable and cheaper in the long run), but because of the extra effort that goes into using them. I Googled "homemade diapers" and found tons of results that don't even require sewing and that can be made out of stuff like rags and old t-shirts. Hell, I'd wager you could go on Etsy to find homemade cloth diapers and if you tell the creator a sob story about being poor and out of shitrags, they might offer a discount or send them for free.

I just can't feel sorry for people who bitch about lack of access to diapers for one reason or another, in both pre-COVID and current times. Children are completely voluntary life choices and if you can't take the time to read about their multitude of expensive needs and whether or not you can afford them, that is your own fucking fault.
March 04, 2021
I was born in the 60's and my mother used cloth diapers for myself and my siblings. She said that disposables were only for road trips to see family, because they cost money.

How times have changed.
March 05, 2021
Nowadays, parents aren't even potty training their semen demons at a reasonable age. There are six-year olds still in diapers.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 05, 2021
Google just what Chicago has given free this year to people.....Laptops, laptops and more laptops, and fast wifi.....then to find out that only 33% is actually being used for remote learning. This all on taxpayer dime. Of course there was still free lunch pick up and free milk pick up....and now.....so they dont have to spend time trouble and money picking up the free lunch from school.....they are giving them RECHARGABLE GIFT CARDS so the underprivigled bratleys can just order McDonalds. The taxpayers actually pay for this for every Chicago Public student, regardless of need (becuz we dont want to ostrocized Bratley that he is poor...BUT...how would he get ostrocized if he ISN'T AT SCHOOL ANYWAY b/c covid????). So, whether or not they partake, I'm paying for Rich Bratleys in the half Mil to 1-2 Million dollar historic homes that are about a mile from me to get free lunch and free mcdonalds.

I say fill the card up w/ 50 cents a day, becuz I thought the free lunch was Sunflower Butter on bread w/ an apple.

I'm not anti-poor, but these people reproduced themselves into poverty....and all the free laptops will not change that for the next generation sadly. The only way to pull yourself up will be not having a kid by the time youre 17, and staying and TRYING in school.
March 05, 2021
and we get over run with the 'poor desperate widdle moos' and whatnot from across the border. trouble is, can't really offer much help by way of bc or sterilization as it will be regarded as racist. Meanwhile, they breed (also abroad) so much so that children are just thrown aside like so much garbage. There is nothing we can do for them.
I just ran into this little 'beaut' on youtube... "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMp2wm0VMUs&t=571s". the real exploitation of children. One poor kid if didn't bring more than x amount of rupees in a day his shitbag parunts beat him. Never mind what else goes on... And this is fucking packashit-stan. (Oh, and we had some army guy who was prosecuted for socking some goddam sheik over the sheiks 'boy-toy' in Afganistan. All we heard was he assaulted some poor afghani).
Nothing new under the sun. The abuse of children is far worse, far more extensive than even we can know.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
March 05, 2021
A friend of mine grew up poor in MX. It meant he was on the streets making money at 4 years old. Contrast that with being on welfare in the US which means all kinds of freebies beyond any government help. And the classic "entitlement" syndrome of fully expecting disposable diapers, free food, free fast food, free internet and cell phones, etc.

None of these freebies are given to a single person making minimum wage!
March 05, 2021
You mean Chicago is not giving away diapers yet? I think Breed Hills soon will!

This is one situation where I think the Knights of Columbus could help a lot. They are a Catholic organization of men that does charity things and help out with church functions and is very breederific. Imagine the Knights holding a weekly "diaper festival" where not only do they give out Pampers but have a set up at the church rectory where they install washing machines and provide detergent so that women could get their diapers washed by the Knights. Knights can also raise money for more diapers, do cloth diapering demonstrations, have a place with rocking chairs so the Knights can rock babies to sleep, and also have potty chairs and Knight wipes. I think once they decide to do all this, that organization may not be so against abortion after all. I'm going to tell them of this idea.
March 07, 2021
Where I live they've banned plastic straws due to the environmental damage they can cause. Still, disposable diapers are just fine. I'm pretty sure they take up TONS more landfill space than straws.
March 07, 2021
Ketchup
Where I live they've banned plastic straws due to the environmental damage they can cause. Still, disposable diapers are just fine. I'm pretty sure they take up TONS more landfill space than straws.

Yea, but the natalists are much stronger than the straw makers.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 07, 2021
craftyzits
Ketchup

Yea, but the natalists are much stronger than the straw makers.

You have absolutely hit the nail on the head there.

I'm all for helping people who genuinely need it. But everybody knows kids are expensive...if you choose to have one, then you are obviously telling the world that you think you can afford it and shouldn't be begging for somebody else to supply your diapers, ffs.
March 11, 2021
Many years ago, I had repeated contacts with a low income couple who were extremely ecological.
They spent a tremendous amount of time on ecological projects and research.
Eventually, the woman became pregnant (seemed like an oops, but not entirely clear).

I am anti-natal but am low income and empathetic to people in tough situations and this couple who had done a LOT of ecological good in the community.
After much thought, I offer to make a series of fabric diapers that would cover the whole kid's life from birth to non-diaper years.
(Probably 70-100 hrs of sewing and worth many hundreds of dollars)
I also suggested that I make diapers/liners/covers from upcycled items.

They rejected the offer because it was too much trouble for them to wash diapers (even having their own home, owning a washing machine clothes lines/rack and dryer and both only part-time workers)
My estimation of this couple changed in minutes from super ecological people to typical breeders and I never communicated with them again.
March 11, 2021
Cassia, sounds like no great loss there. What a generous offer and what a bunch of morons.

But then again I cannot think of much more irritating than "ecological" Breeders. Did you know there is site called sciencemoms.com that is supposedly dedicated to climate change? So fecking irritating.
March 14, 2021
Cassia, you are very kind. I would bet there are people on Etsy, etc. who would appreciate and purchase the diapers.
March 14, 2021
freya
Cassia, you are very kind. I would bet there are people on Etsy, etc. who would appreciate and purchase the diapers.

eBay is another place people sell things.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 17, 2021
Thanks to all for the kind thoughts.

Making products such as cloth diapers is so labour-intensive that it is extremely unlikely to ever have clients who would pay the real value of the products.
My intention was to assist those particular people who had contributed so much to the local ecological movement and were low income.
Every time someone that I know has kids- it an ethical dilemma for me because I don't like rewarding breeding.
CNN: More Diaper woes.
April 23, 2021
Now the price of diapers is going up, Up, UP! Oh, parents have it soooooo bad!Diaper Woes
April 27, 2021
I just revisited this thread. Yes! Chicago does have Diaper drives, just not thru the public schools. IDK why everything must go thru the schools b/c I too have heard of free washer and dryer service. After awhile under the heading "so kids don't have to embarass themselves in public" everything will be free thru the school. No teaching about budgets, or self esteem even tho poor, or birth control so the cycle of poverty can end, then the need for all these free services can end. Something like 2/3s of chicago public school students are below poverty level. That is sad. But find another solution that works. Becuz when I see that, that tells me only 1/3 of the adult population is paying the taxes to fund all this stuff for the other 2/3s. We need better solutions than just feel-good band-aids.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login