Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

At least 70% of parunting sucks

Posted by freya 
At least 70% of parunting sucks
March 07, 2021
It is also mentioned there are days when 97.5% of parunting sucks.

https://www.scarymommy.com/being-a-parent-sucks/

How can anyone do this voluntarily without being able to afford around the clock help?
And why bother?

It would make more sense to pay a total stranger (rent a kid?) $250K to be in their lives for the next 18+ years. The stranger is responsible for giving them the 1% they want from kids that make it "all worth it". Stranger compliments moo/duh on parunting and genuinely means it. Stranger hold hand of moo or duh. Stranger smiles at moo or duh. Stranger lets moo/duh watch him/her sleep peacefully. Stranger pretends it is the first time in his/her life to be on a roller coaster or whatever else nonsense parunts want. I could see where this relationship could be mutually beneficial for both parunts and adopted kid/adult brat. The remainder of the time, parunts and stranger live separate lives. Parunts brag about stranger's accomplishments and is supplied with stock photos for desk and walls. If wanted, parunts are given drama scripts to read for when a stranger inquires: "potty training is so tough. I'm so sick of cleaning up shit or whatever."

I've had jobs where I've hated every minute of the job. Relief was going to the bathroom or lunch and these were the type of jobs where managers would come looking for you at lunch since they knew most of us were too poor to go out to eat or send someone in the bathroom to find you. But after the job ended I had free time which I enjoyed. I also enjoyed paying my bills from the job. It wasn't ideal but at least it wasn't 80+ hours a week. And I knew it was temporary (as in a couple of years or less) and that I could look for better opportunities.

I can't think of any other comparison. Being very sick isn't a good comparison because it isn't voluntary. And even the most stupid person isn't going to stay in a friendship/romantic relationship if 70%-99% of it sucks. Bad moments are expected as everyone has them but when it is all bad moments punctuated by the seldom good moment no one is going to stick around.

I've known some very happy/content people who have become parents and they are no longer happy/content. If they can't cope, why does the typical person who isn't as happy/content think they can? Can you imagine how much it must burn for the typical person to think back on their life prior to kids and realize how radically better it was?
Re: At least 70% of parunting sucks
March 08, 2021
After a lite skim of that article, "why bother?" is 100 percent right.

They dont realize that if you dont have kids and live life w/o all the drudgery,you have other very positive things that would occur that would replace that one second of the oh so worth it "i love u mommie' Or you wouldnt even need the I love u mommie moments b/c you woulld be living a lot less drudgery life, and just be content most of the time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login