Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Peri-Natal Depression - But They Keep Having More

Posted by Ketchup 
Peri-Natal Depression - But They Keep Having More
March 13, 2021
https://www.sheknows.com/parenting/articles/2413769/suicidal-pregnant-mom-meghan-markle/

So these women are admitting they had suicidal ideation while pregnant, and they continue to get knocked up! It's hard enough as a woman to be taken seriously about depression, but sure, let's celebrate the "bravery" of women who do this. When I've felt this way I was told to stop doing whatever it was that made me feel that way. But of course Having Baybees is the Most Important Thing a Woman Can Do (as the author actually states about herself!).

All this "M*ghan M@rkle is so brave!" nonsense, I don't even want to begin. So she's pregnant again after going on TV and saying she wanted to end her own life during her first pregnancy. Wouldn't an intelligent person suggest that maybe not having another kid is the right thing to do? But you know, women are just vessels for other humans to be brought into existence, and of course we always need Moar People eye rolling smiley Unbelievable in this day and age but this is actually knocking women down several pegs.
Re: Peri-Natal Depression - But They Keep Having More
March 13, 2021
"My friends were warriors familiar with postpartum depression, anxiety and OCD as so many women are"

Ever notice how all these moos are "warriors" You would think they fought with swords in the Bronze Age and survived it.
March 13, 2021
Ketchup
So these women are admitting they had suicidal ideation while pregnant, and they continue to get knocked up! It's hard enough as a woman to be taken seriously about depression, but sure, let's celebrate the "bravery" of women who do this.

50% of the population has an IQ under 100. They will never be able to see the idiocy in this or themselves. As always they glom onto anyone famous who bears the slightest resemblance to their situation. In reality, women aren't brave or heroes or anything else for breeding. It isn't an achievement.

I didn't watch MM interview but it sounds like a bunch of hearsay bullshit. It sounds as if is holding the royal family accountable for her depression instead of accepting it may be a combination of biology and her very public life?

I did hear she was upset about her kids not getting titles and said she didn't know this until after she was impig. I don't believe this for one second and if it was so important to her what kept her from asking about it PRIOR to the marriage? She isn't making herself look intelligent. She can take the time to figure out all the royal protocols prior to the marriage yet she didn't bother to ask important questions? If anything, it is her fault for assuming. If she was promised titles to her children prior to the marriage then she should have had it in writing and then she would have justification to be upset and documentation to support it. But that would mean no drama.

This is a woman who had means prior to the marriage and has signed multi-million dollar contracts previously. She isn't a naive 20 year old who has never signed a contract in her life.

And now that they have left and are independent why aren't they moving on instead of regurgitating trivial events from a couple of years ago? Someone else made her cry a couple of years ago during a stressful situation? Is she five? I think they are both enjoying their "victim hood" and plan to capitalize on it.
March 14, 2021
Give me the equivalent of MM's money and I'll be "brave" too.
March 14, 2021
Medusa

Brave, wealthy and depressed!
March 15, 2021
freya
Medusa

Brave, wealthy and depressed!

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/44982/richard-cory

Richard Cory
BY EDWIN ARLINGTON ROBINSON
Whenever Richard Cory went down town,
We people on the pavement looked at him:
He was a gentleman from sole to crown,
Clean favored, and imperially slim.

And he was always quietly arrayed,
And he was always human when he talked;
But still he fluttered pulses when he said,
"Good-morning," and he glittered when he walked.

And he was rich—yes, richer than a king—
And admirably schooled in every grace:
In fine, we thought that he was everything
To make us wish that we were in his place.

So on we worked, and waited for the light,
And went without the meat, and cursed the bread;
And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,
Went home and put a bullet through his head.

I watched the interview and I believe there is/was some truth to it despite it being a calculated move to elicit sympathy for them.

Meghan is an actress and she played her part. She threw a bone to the Mommies of the world to gain their favor. She fondled her belly (it was like watching someone masturbate) the entire time. She professed to not care one whit about royal titles, because her most important title is Mawm two faces puking (as opposed to gold digger) I do not believe for a minute that Meghan and Harry did not know the questions in advance. They certainly knew the areas of discussion and Oprah lobbed them softballs. However, I am glad I watched it because of what Harry had to say. He grew up in the institution so his remarks held more weight with me. So here's what I deduced from it:

Harry mentioned the symbiotic relationship between the press and the RF. The RF courts the press, invites them to the palace and showers them with perks, presumably to get them on their side, etc. The individuals in the press enjoy the status and the RF hopes they write positive things about them.

The RF has no reason to exist today other than history and tradition. (A caste system has no place in any so-called democracy.) Without positive press, someone may actually do something about them. Prince Andrew appears to be a predator and pedophile. Although some ancillary members of the family work, their money is covered and many are unemployable, in-bred losers who would not make it in the real world. Not that they have to, thanks to private wealth that was stolen from others in a long and shameful history of colonial looting. See Koh-i-Noor diamond, stolen from a 10 year old.

However, if the public turned against them, I suppose the royal system could be dismantled.

So we really have three entities: 1. the Royal family itself, 2. the corporate structure comprised of people with prestigious jobs who execute protocol and manage the business of the Royal family (Meaghan called them "the firm"), and 3. the press.

All three of these organizations need each other and it's believable that each is fighting to position itself favorably and to ensure its own longevity. The firm props up the RF and covers for them. Without the RF, these people would not have jobs. Neither would people in the press who cover the RF.

So:

1. From other stuff I've read and deduced, I found it believable that someone asked how brown Meaghan's baby would be. Prince Charles was so concerned about public appearances and keeping the royal line, that he did not marry the person he loved (at age 37) because Daddy said no. (Say what you want about Diana, but she was an innocent 19 year old who did not deserve that for a husband and she did marry into the family from Hell.) And then there is Daddy aka Prince Phillip. His generation could definitely be hung up on race (as are some of their supporters.) Many royals of his generation were Nazi sympathizers. Edward VIII, who abdicated the throne in 1937 to marry Wallace Simpson, was a known Nazi sympathizer and many royals in other countries were too. So it's completely believable if it came from Phillip. Note: Harry and Meaghan may have decided to bring this up at this time precisely because is probably dying at the moment.

ETA: Harry did not mention who did it, but given other stuff he said, I thought it could be Prince Phillip or Prince Charles

2. I also believe the RF played along and did not correct the press when it was maligning Meaghan when it could have done so. It's typically not their policy to do so, but they have done it to squash things or defend William and Kate. Harry and Meaghan (HM) alleged there were fairly trivial things they could have corrected that would have made HM's life easier but this was not done.

I can see where the RF and the firm benefitted from the Kate good/ Meaghan bad dichotomy because it kept the attention away from other senior members. The press obviously likes it because it generates hits and revenue. And I think like played a factor. I do not think she was liked within the family and she really does not seem very likeable.

Harry has paid a steep price to be with her. He says he's glad he's out and he's not longer "trapped." He is trapped now for sure. Let's hope the poontang is worth it. Supposedly Wallis Simpson made Edward VIII's life miserable after he abdicated for her.

As an aside, I do not like the screaming outrage culture versus the First Amendment. A journalist who criticizes a female public figure is not necessarily a misogynist. Similarly someone who criticizes a person of color is not necessarily a racist. Journalists can be obnoxious and so can public figures. Piers Morgan said that he thinks Meaghan is fake and other things. I don't think he deserves to be fired over his opinion.
March 15, 2021
bell_flower
I don't think he deserves to be fired over his opinion.

No one deserves to be fired over their opinion, no matter how unpopular it may be. Unfortunately that is not the world we live in.
March 16, 2021
I saw the interview too. I think it was largely reputation damage control with subtle promotion of her new production company and "image". He seems a bit blindsided in the interview, and she seems like she has the reigns on the relationship. He gave up his family ties to be with her - I mean, what did they expect? I think it's less the fact that she's half black and more that she's American that was the issue. I also don't believe that he's Charles' son and there is tension there too. Sounds like they moved to Vancouver because it has a sizeable film industry, then to Southern Cali which was the plan all along. I know it's speculation but dammit, I stand by it beating with a lol hammer

ETA: I have a hard time sympathizing with them over how "hard" it all was to get away and move to California in the end. He has millions and they have a house near the beach which probably cost a pretty penny. There are a lot of people who can't afford to get out of a shitty situation and their humble brag and attempts to be relatable are absurd.
March 16, 2021
I think it’s because she’s American and divorced. This was her second marriage. I don’t think they loved the race thing, but based upon how showy they were about accepting her mother, having a gospel choir at the wedding etc. I think they decided to use the race thing as a PR move. “Look at how modern we are!” Kate was a (millionaire) commoner and Meghan was the (white passing) ethnic girl. But, given the history with Charles and Diana, we all know how the royal family feels about divorce.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
March 16, 2021
This was absolutely a PR stunt and I'd bet she was offered this interview years ago.

I thought the major clash is because she is very big on vocalizing her political opinions and is a social justice warrior and she married into a family where this is expressly not allowed. I also think she wanted to use her fame to give her a bigger voice. She had money but there is no doubt to me she wants more fame and more money. I had no idea who she was until the engagement so it isn't as if she was famous.

I don't think being American and divorced helps but if she was more like Kate (not a SJW, keeps her politics to herself, willing to fit in and work towards their goals not personal interests) then I think she would have been/felt accepted. She seems fundamentally incompatible.

She could have married him and not become an active member of the royal family but instead she chose to "endure" it and now is playing the victim card. I see H as having a hard time surviving free range unless he has MM as his wife.

I think Kate was thrilled to death for her to be part of the family. All the negative attention was focused on MM and Kate was no longer in the cross hairs.

I also have an impossible time sympathizing with anyone whining about their lives in the midst of a pandemic when they are in the fractional .0001% who receive multi-million dollar contracts solely because they are part of a RF and not based on talent, experience or accomplishment. They also both have their good health, millions in the bank, a mansion to live in, and a very wealthy family to fall back on if necessary, etc.
March 23, 2021
Meghan Markle? Mentally ill? She’s been working all her life, something no seriously ill person can pull off. She may have been mildly depressed at most. Beyond the mildest level, a depressed person will struggle with everyday life in a very noticeable way. There would be cancelled meetings and people would get pissed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login