Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moos and skool drama: moo hacks school records to steal homecoming queen election

Posted by freya 
Beginning to think we could have a special category for the skool drama, since it is never ending...and with the other thread on moo and cheer leading drama.

Vice principal (or should I say FORMER) and her dotter hack skool records to steal homecoming queen election.
Apparently she wasn't even close in the race because it aroused lots of suspicion.

Keep in mind, parunting makes you a better person!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/high-schooler-and-her-mother-hacked-school-records-to-steal-homecoming-queen-election-police-say/ar-BB1eDz4t?li=BBnb7Kz
Wow, they freaking went to jail...they probably figured (well, first of all, that they were too smart to get caught, but...) nobody would care about a homecoming queen election, and completely overlooked the more serious matter of fraudulently accessing student records and personal information. What an amusing clusterfuck.

And is there anything more pathetic than cheating to make your daughter seem popular? For some reason it reminds me of a show I saw years ago where some breeders had been entering their daughter in beauty pageants all her life; she was in high school and had scads of gowns and trophies, never got any feedback on her academic achievements, and had been totally convinced that she was so gorgeous that she'd never have to work a day in her life. The father even commented about how laughable it was for people to think she needed a college education "looking like that." Creepy and disgusting in the best of circumstances, but the worst of it was, the girl wasn't that pretty. I don't know the level of competition where she was entering these pageants, but she had a really big nose and just wasn't traditionally beautiful, the kind of beautiful where you'd think she could get by on her looks. And even if she could, looks fade. I guess her breeders figured she'd be married to some wealthy guy before the wrinkles and middle aged spread settled in. Bleah.

Anyway, don't know why the one story reminded me of the other, unless it's just the aspect of breeders desperate for people think their children are more beautiful and popular than they are.
The Moo may have shared her login info with her kid (I don't know why she did this), but it sounds like the daughter is the one who abused this access and not so much her mother. I definitely fault the Moo for giving her kid access to those records, but I fault the kid even more for abusing it to not only give herself enough votes to win homecoming, but also to look at the private information of other students and then share it publicly with her friends. I sure hope it was worth expulsion and getting arrested to wear a fucking crown and a pretty dress for a few minutes.
Cambion
The Moo may have shared her login info with her kid (I don't know why she did this), but it sounds like the daughter is the one who abused this access and not so much her mother. I definitely fault the Moo for giving her kid access to those records, but I fault the kid even more for abusing it to not only give herself enough votes to win homecoming, but also to look at the private information of other students and then share it publicly with her friends. I sure hope it was worth expulsion and getting arrested to wear a fucking crown and a pretty dress for a few minutes.

The article stated that the mother got notified every time her account logged in, so she knew every time the daughter was messing around in the files. If she didn't know exactly what was going on, at the very least she knew her daughter was accessing information she shouldn't, and with her mother's name attached.
kitteh: according to judge judy "beauty fades, dumb is forever"

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
twocents
kitteh: according to judge judy "beauty fades, dumb is forever"

And she is not wrong!
kittehpeoples
The article stated that the mother got notified every time her account logged in, so she knew every time the daughter was messing around in the files. If she didn't know exactly what was going on, at the very least she knew her daughter was accessing information she shouldn't, and with her mother's name attached.

Good point. It makes me wonder why she even gave her daughter permission to use her login info in the first place. I have to assume Moo is either a doormat (which I doubt if she's a vice principal), or she's one of those parents who tries to be their kids' BFF by giving them whatever they want. It doesn't sound like fucking with the homecoming votes was Moo's idea, so I don't think they were plotting that part of it together.

Still, there is no reason a student needs administrative access to school records and they both deserved what they got - the girl for abusing her mother's access to the school's system and the mother for knowingly allowing it to happen.
Cambion
It makes me wonder why she even gave her daughter permission to use her login info in the first place.

It was self-serving in some way...whatever twisted logic she was using.

Cambion
Still, there is no reason a student needs administrative access to school records and they both deserved what they got - the girl for abusing her mother's access to the school's system and the mother for knowingly allowing it to happen.

Absolutely agreed.
Being homecoming queen is probably the biggest thing she'll ever do in life. Word of advice, don't peak in high school.

I also wonder what other damage daughter dearest was doing using her mother's account.
I'm just going to say everyone sucks here. Daughter, of course, for trying to cheat her way through life, and moo for enabling it. But what I hate most about this story is that we all pay taxes towards schooling. I'm in favor of an educated populace, but what the fuck does this outdated bullshit have to do with education? Schools should not be in the business of sanctioning the social hierarchy that already exists into a competition, propping up one inflated ego, and making a bunch of other people feel inferior (because they aren't popular, don't fit some here-normaitve narrative from the 1950s, aren't what's considered beautiful, etc). The purpose of schools is to educate, and activities like this are detrimental to that goal.
yurble
I'm just going to say everyone sucks here. Daughter, of course, for trying to cheat her way through life, and moo for enabling it. But what I hate most about this story is that we all pay taxes towards schooling. I'm in favor of an educated populace, but what the fuck does this outdated bullshit have to do with education? Schools should not be in the business of sanctioning the social hierarchy that already exists into a competition, propping up one inflated ego, and making a bunch of other people feel inferior (because they aren't popular, don't fit some here-normaitve narrative from the 1950s, aren't what's considered beautiful, etc). The purpose of schools is to educate, and activities like this are detrimental to that goal.

Imagine if they replaced beauty/popularity contests with mini-classes on personal finance and basic practical home economics: how to do basic electrical work, cook, meal planning, house and yard maintenance, fix a toilet, etc. Stuff that literally any human being may find practical. And if the kids learn anything, they win and will benefit from this knowledge for many years. Instead of being 1% winning based on criteria most could never achieve, anyone who puts in the effort wins.
freya
yurble

Imagine if they replaced beauty/popularity contests with mini-classes on personal finance and basic practical home economics: how to do basic electrical work, cook, meal planning, house and yard maintenance, fix a toilet, etc. Stuff that literally any human being may find practical. And if the kids learn anything, they win and will benefit from this knowledge for many years. Instead of being 1% winning based on criteria most could never achieve, anyone who puts in the effort wins.

That would be good, try to teach something they'd actually use. The other thing American schools need to stop doing is putting illiterates on a pedestal because they can run touchdowns or sink baskets!
JohnDrake
freya
yurble

That would be good, try to teach something they'd actually use. The other thing American schools need to stop doing is putting illiterates on a pedestal because they can run touchdowns or sink baskets!

A friend of mine in college was one of the many tutors for athletes. ONE athlete could read well. That was it. I wanted to tutor too but the competition for the jobs (any job, not just this one) was so intense it require a 4.0 GPA to be considered, despite the fact the athletes could barely read.

I went to one of those schools where sports is all important. A large percentage of the athletes would have had a difficult time doing any job, even a low skill minimum wage one. There were a small amount of athletes that weren't tutored who did fine academically.
freya
JohnDrake
freya
yurble

A friend of mine in college was one of the many tutors for athletes. ONE athlete could read well. That was it. I wanted to tutor too but the competition for the jobs (any job, not just this one) was so intense it require a 4.0 GPA to be considered, despite the fact the athletes could barely read.

I went to one of those schools where sports is all important. A large percentage of the athletes would have had a difficult time doing any job, even a low skill minimum wage one. There were a small amount of athletes that weren't tutored who did fine academically.

A friend of my sister's in college had a job tutoring athletes in math and he told similar stories, including one college athlete who didn't even know his times tables, something I learned in elementary school!
JohnDrake
A friend of my sister's in college had a job tutoring athletes in math and he told similar stories, including one college athlete who didn't even know his times tables, something I learned in elementary school!

It was a case of undiagnosed dyscalculia for me that caused this problem, so this isn't entirely a surprise. I failed the entry exam for algebra which called for long addition, subtraction, and multiplication, and the teacher, after hearing me mention something about business math that I was taking next door, asked me what grade I got in there. I said "A" and explained that I was allowed to use a calculator and that's why the grade was so high. He made contact with my school counselor telling him there was something organically wrong with my brain which disallowed me to do basic math yet allowed me to ace Business Math. I also can't spell worth a shit, and it seems there are several zigs where the brain should zag.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
craftyzits
JohnDrake

It was a case of undiagnosed dyscalculia for me that caused this problem, so this isn't entirely a surprise. I failed the entry exam for algebra which called for long addition, subtraction, and multiplication, and the teacher, after hearing me mention something about business math that I was taking next door, asked me what grade I got in there. I said "A" and explained that I was allowed to use a calculator and that's why the grade was so high. He made contact with my school counselor telling him there was something organically wrong with my brain which disallowed me to do basic math yet allowed me to ace Business Math. I also can't spell worth a shit, and it seems there are several zigs where the brain should zag.

It is unfortunate that someone with these conditions probably has to jump through hoops to get extra help, while the jocks get it all handed to them.

Most of the jocks got a free ride throughout school, which is why they need all this extra tutoring because they've never had to work academically. Also, the jocks can almost get away with murder, while the other students have to follow rules.

Our schools are so upside down.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login