Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kid killed on treadmill

Posted by cfdavep 
Kid killed on treadmill
March 18, 2021
https://www.yahoo.com/news/child-killed-peloton-treadmill-accident-165712202.html.

I guess the sprog ended up underneath it. I wonder how long the parent jogged before realizing and now the company will be sued.
Re: Kid killed on treadmill
March 19, 2021
I cannot wrap my head around how a kid offed itself using a treadmill.

They sure can be diligently creative when it comes to offing themselves.
March 19, 2021
if a kid can get under I think I'd be worried about a pet

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
March 19, 2021
I was considering getting one, but they take up a lot of space and I was worried that our cat would get her tail caught or something worse as she is a quite the monkey. Seems parents don't look at stuff and get that bad feeling pet owners seem to get.
March 20, 2021
So where were the parents of the dead kid when it was killed by this machine? Because I can't imagine that a kid would have time to cram itself under a moving treadmill long enough to die in full view of one of its parents. I imagine the kid was ignored in an I Only Looked Away For A SecondTM kind of moment if it truly was an "accident."

This article from CNN has a photo of the Peloton Tread+, which is the specific model that killed the kid:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/18/business/peloton-tread-child-death/index.html

I can't figure out how any human being of any age could fit under it because it looks like there's only a gap of a few inches between the machine and the floor. I wonder if t Peloton isn't revealing details of the kid's death because they sound fishy, as in maybe it was a PNA.
March 20, 2021
Cambion
So where were the parents of the dead kid when it was killed by this machine? Because I can't imagine that a kid would have time to cram itself under a moving treadmill long enough to die in full view of one of its parents. I imagine the kid was ignored in an I Only Looked Away For A SecondTM kind of moment if it truly was an "accident."

This article from CNN has a photo of the Peloton Tread+, which is the specific model that killed the kid:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/18/business/peloton-tread-child-death/index.html

I can't figure out how any human being of any age could fit under it because it looks like there's only a gap of a few inches between the machine and the floor. I wonder if t Peloton isn't revealing details of the kid's death because they sound fishy, as in maybe it was a PNA.

It looks suspicious to me too. I had a treadmill but it was destroyed in a flood and I never replaced it. I can see cranking one up full blast and getting thrown from it, but not under it. The treadmill also had a safety key to keep unauthorized persons from starting it.

I've been wanting to replace my treadmill but now I'm sure they will get even more expensive because government is going to now require all sorts of useless safety features on them "for the children."
March 20, 2021
It's also a fucking $4,300 that you can pay off in installments. Makes me wonder if the handler of the child didn't feel like making payments on it anymore (or decided to just stay fat because exercise is too hard) and decided their brat needed to have an "accident" so they could get a settlement from Peloton. Maybe it wasn't meant to result in death, but they just wanted to let the kid get hurt a little so they could claim it's a dangerous machine.

I'll be very eager to see what - if any - additional details emerge in this case because death by treadmill seems awfully suspicious.

JohnDrake
I've been wanting to replace my treadmill but now I'm sure they will get even more expensive because government is going to now require all sorts of useless safety features on them "for the children."

Yep, just like all the shit that comes standard in newer cars now in order to prevent parents from "accidentally" forgetting their kids in the car (seat sensors) or running them over (backup cameras). Treadmills will need to be child-proofed to ensure this doesn't happen again and the child-proofing won't be available as optional features - it will be a requirement for all of them, which means the price will increase even for people who have no brats or who are actually responsible parents. So if you want a non-child-proofed treadmill, you might have to try Craigslist or the Facebook Marketplace.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login