Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Woohoo, fertility crisis ahead!

Posted by toraneko 
Woohoo, fertility crisis ahead!
March 19, 2021
Pearl clutching, hand-wringing article about a looming worldwide reproductive crisis due to chemical exposure. There is so much fretting in this article, I can't tell if it's satire or not.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/18/toxic-chemicals-health-humanity-erin-brokovich

The end of humankind? It may be coming sooner than we think, thanks to hormone-disrupting chemicals that are decimating fertility at an alarming rate around the globe. A new book called Countdown, by Shanna Swan, an environmental and reproductive epidemiologist at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York, finds that sperm counts have dropped almost 60% since 1973. Following the trajectory we are on, Swan’s research suggests sperm counts could reach zero by 2045. Zero. Let that sink in. That would mean no babies. No reproduction. No more humans. Forgive me for asking: why isn’t the UN calling an emergency meeting on this right now?

Forgive me for asking: why hasn't the UN already addressed the overpopulation crisis?
Re: Woohoo, fertility crisis ahead!
March 19, 2021
doubt this will ever happen..but cutting down on fertility... imagine the hysterical mooing

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
March 19, 2021

The end of humankind? It may be coming sooner than we think, thanks to hormone-disrupting chemicals that are decimating fertility at an alarming rate around the globe.

smileys with beer
March 19, 2021
Sperm and eggs are most important? Screw that. How about the effect of endocrine disruptors on living, breathing people. The rest of us shouldn't have to live in a toxic sea of chemicals thanks to greed.

Seems to me as if Mother Nature is getting the message that additional breeding is not a good idea, even if most humans do not have the brainpower to figure that out.
March 19, 2021
Every few months there is some hysterical article about a looming fertility crisis, but so far no real world evidence of it. There are still tons of baybees being born. Yesterday I found out my hairstylist is pregnant. I hope she doesn't change because she's a great hairstylist and a great person.

Possibly at some point in the future the fertility crisis will suddenly hit. Maybe when we reach a certain threshold of environmental destruction the birth rate and pregnancy rate will decline drastically within a few years. If that happens there will be widespread panic but I will be celebrating.balloon smiles
March 20, 2021
Now if only the state of Florida would shrink down to a population of ~400,000 we'll be all fucking set.

That goes for the transients, especially.
March 20, 2021
selidororous
Now if only the state of Florida would shrink down to a population of ~400,000 we'll be all fucking set.

Covid is working diligently on the problem.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 21, 2021
craftyzits
selidororous

Covid is working diligently on the problem.

Along with all the conservatives in the state.
March 21, 2021
ondinette
Yesterday I found out my hairstylist is pregnant. I hope she doesn't change because she's a great hairstylist and a great person.

Possibly at some point in the future the fertility crisis will suddenly hit. Maybe when we reach a certain threshold of environmental destruction the birth rate and pregnancy rate will decline drastically within a few years. If that happens there will be widespread panic but I will be celebrating.balloon smiles

There is a very good chance her rates will increase and her availability will decrease. That is what happened to my hairstylist.

I suspect someone will shill a new way to sluice. Test tube baybeez or some such nonsense. I don't think there is anything that will stop a hardcore breeder from breeding. We see determined sluicers despite lots of obstacles: crap genetics, poverty, drug addiction, a worthless partner, the quest for the golden penis, womben developing freakin cancer while trying to sluice and insist on having the baybee, womben being so old that the chances of a downie are highly likely, womben being warned repeatedly any more pignasties may kill them by their doctors, etc. Nothing dissuades the ignorant and dull from breeding. With their limited imagination they aren't able to fathom any alternative. If they only had half the same resolve to raise their brats correctly as they have to breed the world would be a better place.
March 28, 2021
I think the word crisis should be kept for things that actually matter, like "climate change crisis" and "biodiversity crisis".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login