Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reddit AITA post - I hope to god this one's true

Posted by kittehpeoples 
Reddit AITA post - I hope to god this one's true
March 23, 2021
Whenever older sibling goes to visit dad and stepmom, autistic younger sister licks him/her. S/he is understandably disgusted by it, and while the sister is in therapy to try to change the behavior and the parents claim it's working, older sib sees no difference while visiting. So older sibling sprayed themselves with puppy anti-chew stuff and guess what! Sister licked, made a face, pitched a fit, and stopped licking older sibling for days. Now the parents are pissed because it was "demeaning" to treat the sister like a dog and "that isn't how family treats family" (no, expecting the older sibling to just put up with it is how family treats family, amirite?).

My guess is the parents are genuinely pissed because 1) of the implied comparison between their pwecious assaulter and a dog, because like most humans, they conveniently ignore the fact that humans are. Still. Animals; and 2) it worked. The older sib has effectively demonstrated that they and their therapist are all full of shit and Bratleigh is perfectly capable of changing her behavior if she wants to.
Re: Reddit AITA post - I hope to god this one's true
March 23, 2021
Sounds like the normal sister needs to go no contact if there's no effort to stop the retard.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 23, 2021
The breeders are probably just mad that they didn't think of that idea first. If the tard sibling is going to act like a dog and slobber all over visitors, I see no reason it shouldn't be treated like an animal, and we aren't that much better than dogs. Maybe they should get Tardo one of those citronella anti-bark collars for when it makes too much noise.

Also, you can't really demean a retard. They do it just fine on their own.

The famblee sounds shitty and it sounds like they are choosing the retard over the non-retard, so it would probably be best to go no contact. You know, for the tard's sake, so she isn't treated like a dog and demeaned anymore. eye rolling smiley
March 24, 2021
Cambion
The breeders are probably just mad that they didn't think of that idea first. If the tard sibling is going to act like a dog and slobber all over visitors, I see no reason it shouldn't be treated like an animal, and we aren't that much better than dogs. Maybe they should get Tardo one of those citronella anti-bark collars for when it makes too much noise.

The famblee sounds shitty and it sounds like they are choosing the retard over the non-retard, so it would probably be best to go no contact. You know, for the tard's sake, so she isn't treated like a dog and demeaned anymore. eye rolling smiley

Exactly. You know the breeders are out buying the spray to apply to themselves so the licking stops. Red pepper sauce also works great. Put it on anything washable they want Tardo to leave alone and not lick. And it didn't cost $200+ an hour for therapy either. At this point Tardo being compared to a dog is a compliment but that is because of bad parunting.
March 24, 2021
Cambion

Older Sister is actually doing behavior modification. It sounds like she is the only one attempting to modify the tard's behavior so the tard is socially more acceptable.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 24, 2021
kittehpeoples
So older sibling sprayed themselves with puppy anti-chew stuff and guess what! Sister licked, made a face, pitched a fit, and stopped licking older sibling for days. Now the parents are pissed because it was "demeaning" to treat the sister like a dog and "that isn't how family treats family" (no, expecting the older sibling to just put up with it is how family treats family, amirite?).

My guess is the parents are genuinely pissed because 1) of the implied comparison between their pwecious assaulter and a dog, because like most humans, they conveniently ignore the fact that humans are. Still. Animals; and 2) it worked. The older sib has effectively demonstrated that they and their therapist are all full of shit and Bratleigh is perfectly capable of changing her behavior if she wants to.

I can't help but wonder, which pissed them off more...the fact that Older Sibling applied the spray, or that the spray worked?
March 31, 2021
randomcfchick
kittehpeoples
So older sibling sprayed themselves with puppy anti-chew stuff and guess what! Sister licked, made a face, pitched a fit, and stopped licking older sibling for days. Now the parents are pissed because it was "demeaning" to treat the sister like a dog and "that isn't how family treats family" (no, expecting the older sibling to just put up with it is how family treats family, amirite?).

I can't help but wonder, which pissed them off more...the fact that Older Sibling applied the spray, or that the spray worked?

Probably both.
March 31, 2021
Peace
randomcfchick

Probably both.

Gotta agree. They're offended that the older sibling is treating their feral tard offspring like an animal by using deterrants made for pets and implying the brat is nothing more than a mindless beast. But at the same time, they're fucking steamed that they're throwing away loads of money for therapy that is obviously not working and the sibling bought some spray that probably only cost a few bucks and it's doing a better job of curtailing the bad tard behavior than the therapy.

Sometimes the best solution is the simplest one, not the most expensive one. I'm sure the sane sibling will not be heartbroken if her parents forbade her from visiting unless she stops using the dog spray. I mean, she could stop using it and just use something else that might taste unpleasant - hand sanitizer, bug spray, air freshener, ghost pepper sauce, Windex, the possibilities are endless. That way, Mommy and Daddy can't hassle her about treating Tardlotta like a dog.
April 01, 2021
Cambion
Sometimes the best solution is the simplest one, not the most expensive one. I'm sure the sane sibling will not be heartbroken if her parents forbade her from visiting unless she stops using the dog spray. I mean, she could stop using it and just use something else that might taste unpleasant - hand sanitizer, bug spray, air freshener, ghost pepper sauce, Windex, the possibilities are endless. That way, Mommy and Daddy can't hassle her about treating Tardlotta like a dog.

I bet it took less than five minutes for the sibling to deliberate and decide to use the dog spray, no telling how many times she had to endure the licking. If she does come over again she could bring bring clicker training to reinforce good behavior along with treats (and the lick deterrent). She made more progress with Tardlotta then her jerk parunts ever did. And I bet Tardlotta sat there laughing maniacally after licking someone because she knew there were no consequences.

There isn't anything inhumane about the dog spray, clicker training and treats. What is inhumane is the parunts letting Tardlotta get away with bad behavior.
April 02, 2021
freya
There isn't anything inhumane about the dog spray, clicker training and treats. What is inhumane is the parunts letting Tardlotta get away with bad behavior.

What is likely to happen is Normal is going to be disowned by the parents, and Tardly will end up in a subpar 'group home' and who knows what the fuck will happen.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 02, 2021
Yup, if the shoe fits.
I use dog spray sometimes because it works. Distraction and praise are added and guess what? My leather furniture survived! I use the spray less often now because she doesn't chew that much anymore, except occasionally.
Maybe just a couple of hits and the kid will stop?
Just a thought.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login