Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oops! Preggers fired for not being marriedembarrassed face

Posted by freya 
Oops! Preggers fired for not being marriedembarrassed face
April 01, 2021
There is some sort of a moral code for this company and I suspect it is privately owned. Anyways, a womben was fired within a week of announcing her pregnancy and applying for leave. She isn't married. Apparently premarital sex is a fire able offense at this company and has resulted in both men/women being fired for violating it. Since she is preggers cue the smell of righteous indignation in form of a lawsoot brewing.....teh mindset of the exalted beings they imagine themselves to be.

If it is legal to restrict behavior for employees then I suspect this is an open/shut case since the only way she could be inpig is from sex. There is physical proof she has done the premarital sex deed. And it is in the state of Tennessee.

I wonder how the fellows were found to be guilty of premarital sex? Was someone a-tattling or were they caught with their pants down? hysterical laughter

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/evangelical-radio-star-dave-ramsey-s-company-says-it-fires-employees-if-they-have-premarital-sex/ar-BB1f9VSC?ocid=finance-verthp-feeds
Re: Oops! Preggers fired for not being marriedembarrassed face
April 01, 2021
This same company recently fired Chris Hogan because he had several affairs. At one time he was a rising star and it was believed he was going to be Dave Ramsey's successor.

I actually liked listening to Chris Hogan. He has a nice voice and is a good orator.

Dave Ramsey generally preaches common financial sense. Don't buy what you cannot afford, save up and pay cash, stop blowing money on stupid shit. However, many of us on this page, including Techie and myself, have ranted how Ramsey never counsels an up-to-the-ears-in-debt Breeder to NOT have kids. Here's a sample.

The court case should be interesting.
April 02, 2021
freya
Apparently premarital sex is a fire able offense at this company and has resulted in both men/women being fired for violating it.

I used to live in a small town that was pretty much centered around a Christian college. The college had stringent policies, no sex, no alcohol, things like that. I worked with a guy who got kicked out because a friend borrowed his car and went to a bar. Somebody recognized his car in the bar parking lot and reported it to the college.

The same college required photographs with job applications. Racist assholes.
April 03, 2021
My friend's older sister works at a Catholic school, when the sister got pregnant to her then-boyfriend, she was basically told to marry him or resign - can't have a sinful woman teaching the kids now, can they?

They had a quick registry office wedding... And a few weeks later she miscarried.
April 03, 2021
It's none of their business what people do during their off time. That's a stupid policy.
However, asking for leave after getting knocked up now becomes their problem.
April 03, 2021
Most businesses in the US cannot do what Ramsey and church-based colleges and operations do because the laws carve out exemptions for religious organizations. When you go to work for Dave Ramsey, you're essentially working for a big ministry, and his writings have made that clear. Therefore I can have no sympathy for a wannabe single moo working there.
April 05, 2021
bell_flower
Dave Ramsey generally preaches common financial sense. Don't buy what you cannot afford, save up and pay cash, stop blowing money on stupid shit. However, many of us on this page, including Techie and myself, have ranted how Ramsey never counsels an up-to-the-ears-in-debt Breeder to NOT have kids. Here's a sample.

Dave Ramsey would be reamed alive for telling people to not have kids within the evangelical community. From what I understand his financial advice is taught in many churches, so they may be his largest customer.

The fundies would go nuts quoting "be fruitful and multiply" and it is the sin of Eve for women to bear children. Oh, and if you wait until you can afford them you'll never have them so trust gahd to take care of it. And one last one: gahd never gives me anything I can't handle. Because all brats are a gift from gahd.

When it comes to don't buy what you cannot afford the first expensive item that comes to mind is kids. I'm not overlooking the fact that anyone can hit hard times but so many relationships are so crappy and it is a disaster to add kids. Anyone can see the shit storm brewing! It doesn't help when women or men make a conscious decision to not be trained for any meaningful employment prior to having kids. Then when/if things go south at least both parent have the ability to earn an income.
April 05, 2021
freya
The fundies would go nuts quoting "be fruitful and multiply" and it is the sin of Eve for women to bear children. Oh, and if you wait until you can afford them you'll never have them so trust gahd to take care of it. And one last one: gahd never gives me anything I can't handle. Because all brats are a gift from gahd.

When it comes to don't buy what you cannot afford the first expensive item that comes to mind is kids. I'm not overlooking the fact that anyone can hit hard times but so many relationships are so crappy and it is a disaster to add kids. Anyone can see the shit storm brewing! It doesn't help when women or men make a conscious decision to not be trained for any meaningful employment prior to having kids. Then when/if things go south at least both parent have the ability to earn an income.

Dave Ramsey needs to be strung up or at the very least stripped of all financial assets and allowed to go hungry on the street.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 06, 2021
mumofsixbirds
It's none of their business what people do during their off time. That's a stupid policy.
However, asking for leave after getting knocked up now becomes their problem.

This is pretty much where I land on the issue. Not their business what she does on her free time. Or what she does with her uterus...remove it, rent it out, have it bronzed, whatever.

If that choice affects her ability to do her job, that's a different matter.
April 10, 2021
I think they are going to settle with single moo out of court. They will basically pay her to go away. Moohood is protected by federal law. If this case gets to jury trial, she is going to win, hands down.

Company can write any rules they want. All will stand until challenged in court. Also, from a religious point of view, if this is a ministry, where is forgiveness and where did compassion go? What about "He who hasn't sinned can cast the first stone"? I am not the one to preach from the Bible but for as much as Ramsey does, I would expect him to follow it.
April 11, 2021
Techie

Company can write any rules they want. All will stand until challenged in court. Also, from a religious point of view, if this is a ministry, where is forgiveness and where did compassion go? What about "He who hasn't sinned can cast the first stone"? I am not the one to preach from the Bible but for as much as Ramsey does, I would expect him to follow it.

Compassion and forgiveness are rarely seen in Christianity. That Religion is mostly about control of people, especially women.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 12, 2021
craftyzits
Techie

Compassion and forgiveness are rarely seen in Christianity. That Religion is mostly about control of people, especially women.

Something that triggered this lawsuit was that they got rid of a pregnant woman while kept a man who was spinning plates while being married... They didn't apply same rules to a man as they did to a woman. It is why I think they are going to lose this one
April 12, 2021
Techie
craftyzits
Techie

Something that triggered this lawsuit was that they got rid of a pregnant woman while kept a man who was spinning plates while being married... They didn't apply same rules to a man as they did to a woman. It is why I think they are going to lose this one

sex Good for the Goose, Good for the Gander.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 13, 2021
bell_flower
This same company recently fired Chris Hogan because he had several affairs. At one time he was a rising star and it was believed he was going to be Dave Ramsey's successor.

I actually liked listening to Chris Hogan. He has a nice voice and is a good orator.

I remember a few discussions that surrounded mr Dave smiling smiley

http://www.refugees.bratfree.com/read.php?7,325449,325548#msg-325548

http://www.refugees.bratfree.com/read.php?2,101881,101881#msg-101881
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login