Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

And what did YOU do before surgery??

Posted by twocents 
And what did YOU do before surgery??
April 02, 2021
I could not get the pic to load, from a screen shot

Taken from some medicos post....

"Don't eat or drink anything after midnight", before his 3 year old daughter's surgery the next morning (tonsils and adenoids).

While intubating his daughter the next morning, she vomited scrambled eggs, causing her to aspirate them into her lungs. Her heart stopped, and I did chest compressions on her for 25 minutes. We got her back, aborted the surgery, and transferred her to pediatric icu on a ventilator.

Her fathers response.."She said she was hungry. I thought you were being too hard on her. It must have been something you did to her." O_o

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Re: And what did YOU do before surgery??
April 02, 2021
It's a sad world when you cannot give instructions to the ADULT in the relationship with a reasonable expectation those directions will be followed, particularly when not following them can have dire consequences.

Just another weak, ineffective parunt who cannot tell his kid NO.
April 03, 2021
Moron
"She said she was hungry. I thought you were being too hard on her. It must have been something you did to her."

I assume either Duh didn't understand the reasoning behind not eating after midnight before a surgical procedure or he knew and just didn't care. No shit they were being "too hard on her" - it's because she could die if they weren't. I do love how Duh chose to not follow explicit clear instructions, his child suffered the consequences of his poor parenting, yet it's the surgeon's fault that the kid is on a ventilator. I almost hope he sues so the judge can tell him he is at fault and the get the fuck out.

I feel bad for the kid. Obviously she didn't know any better and I'm sure there would be tantrums and screaming over not being allowed to eat, but it was her life at stake otherwise. All Duh had to do was not do something and he still failed. Poor kid might not be allowed to get surgery until she's much older and capable of restraining herself from eating because she sure can't count on her father to follow simple fucking instructions.
April 03, 2021
If there were compressions for 25 minutes, I don't think he got anything back of worth. I sincerely doubt she'll be normal ever again. PNA... motherfucker will sue... 'Oh, I didn't understaaaand'...

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.

April 04, 2021
Yup, I thought PNA by surgeon.
It's common knowledge that you don't eat before surgery. If this guy is that stupid, it's a shame he's churning out more.
April 04, 2021
with the way common sense has gone nowadays: out the window, I'm sure his playing stupid will win all sorts of awards. Short of a miracle.... and they do happen.... I think this kid is going to spend the rest of its life drooling in a corner.

And yes, it is common knowledge no food or drink x amount of hours. And where is moo in all this as well. Not only that, I just wonder how many of these little bastards sneak food or whatever. Maybe why they should be admitted 24 hours before surgery.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

April 04, 2021
twocents
If there were compressions for 25 minutes, I don't think he got anything back of worth. I sincerely doubt she'll be normal ever again. PNA... motherfucker will sue... 'Oh, I didn't understaaaand'...

Yup, even if the kid does survive, there's a very high chance of neurological damage. This is the story of a kid from a couple years ago who underwent 90 minutes of chest compressions in an emergency situation and he lived, but he has to be in therapy to learn to walk, talk and swallow again. That was in 2017 and if I had to guess, the kid is probably still in therapy.

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20190220/boy-who-survived-90-minutes-of-cpr-might-change-way-hospitals-handle-heart-emergencies

Well I sure hope it's worth it for Duh to have just guaranteed his child being permanently dependent on him all because he couldn't tell her "no." People seem to think when someone is stern about something, it just means they're being a big meanie-head and it's not because they're trying to drive an important point home. Duh figured the surgeon was just being a big bully and telling him to starve his kid to death, but oh, we'll sneak her some breakfast and not tell anyone because who's gonna know, teehee? The surgeon will know when that food relocates to the lungs and shuts the kid's body down.

Also, isn't there a limit to how much CPR should be done before calling it quits? Because while the person may survive, isn't their quality of life taken into consideration? I'm sure it may be more difficult for a provider to "let" a kid die, but is it really better for the child to live if they wind up tards/brain-dead forever?
April 05, 2021
When I had my hysterectomy in 2014 I had spent the week before with dangerously low sodium with IV's full of fluids entering my veins. On the night of the surgery I was watching little green blobs bounce all over the hospital and was admitted well before the surgery admitting scheduled time because things were so bonkers in my head, and I was behaving oddly but not dangerously. It was decided surgery would go through, but I was kept in the hospital as I went into a catatonic state after the operation. I was watching a caterpillar (the type you see at construction sites) scoop up the atmosphere of the Earth and little green boxes floating over head with turds inside.

However, even during this whole episode, I knew not to eat before surgery.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 05, 2021
yeah. and there have been these sows with their trophies who unfortunately 'die' and are resuscitated. 'ohhh you have to saaaave my baaabeeeee'. 4 years later they are sucking their feeding tubes out, with the slack jawed trophy staring into oblivion. it is a soul, trapped in a vegetable, who cannot leave. all because sow 'saaave baaabbeee'.
And if there are other children, they get sucked into this moo insanity. or neglected.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

April 06, 2021
The father was stupid. Period.

But mistrust of the medical community has become widespread, and I have questions about this procedure.

Why were her tonsils and adenoids being removed? That used to be routine, but today pediatricians avoid removal because it is viewed as doing more harm than good, with rare exceptions. Usually removal was on slightly older children (I was 7), not at age 3. My brother was 5 or 6. Why at age 3?

Why was she being intubated—put on a respirator—for the procedure? My brother and I weren't. I've been through other surgeries without intubation. What was going on?

There is suspicion that certain procedures and surgeries are unnecessary and are done for $$$. My suspicion is this was one of those, just like a case the local newspaper once mentioned of a 5–year-old getting root canals on his baby teeth.

So we need more info about this one. And we aren't gonna get it.
April 06, 2021
kman
The father was stupid. Period.

But mistrust of the medical community has become widespread, and I have questions about this procedure.

Why were her tonsils and adenoids being removed? That used to be routine, but today pediatricians avoid removal because it is viewed as doing more harm than good, with rare exceptions. Usually removal was on slightly older children (I was 7), not at age 3. My brother was 5 or 6. Why at age 3?

Why was she being intubated—put on a respirator—for the procedure? My brother and I weren't. I've been through other surgeries without intubation. What was going on?

There is suspicion that certain procedures and surgeries are unnecessary and are done for $$$. My suspicion is this was one of those, just like a case the local newspaper once mentioned of a 5–year-old getting root canals on his baby teeth.

So we need more info about this one. And we aren't gonna get it.

I've long mistrusted the medical community. So much disease is caused by lifestyle and is preventable by lifestyle changes, not by a stupid pill. If all the unnecessary bloat age in the system was removed we would all pay lower rates and the ones who really need treatments would receive better and more timely treatment.

When I was 6 there were kids left and right absent from class and having their tonsils removed. So I asked what the purpose of tonsils is and couldn't get an answer besides "we don't know." I was so terrified I never complained about a sore throat, etc. because I didn't want some doctor cutting out body parts that they didn't even know the use for. As I grew older I suspected money to be the motivation because last time I asked they still didn't know why we have tonsils. At least they aren't so apt to remove tonsils any more!
April 06, 2021
kman

I think tonsils and adenoids are usually removed if a kid suffers from frequent bouts of strep or if enlarged tonsils interfere with sleeping. I don't know at what age it's "normal" to remove these organs - I have no first-hand experience in this regard because I still have my tonsils, but with how many brats now are born super early and have no immune system, I wouldn't be surprised if the constant strep infections that warrant a tonsillectomy could start at a younger age.

And I might be wrong, but I think intubation is standard procedure for tonsillectomies because of the obstruction going on in the airway by the surgeon performing the procedure and I think it might reduce the risk of aspiration. Unfortunately, I think the tube actually has to make it in to do this, and from the sound of the story, the surgeon didn't get the kid fully tubed before she got a breath of fresh eggs. Or it may just be a safety measure, I have no idea. But if it's a way to tack an extra charge onto the bill and call it a safety protocol, you can bet your last buck the hospital is gonna do it.

In any case, if Duh didn't put food in the kid's face before surgery, he almost certainly would have immediately after like Jahi McMath's idiot handlers did if the kid didn't wind up on a vent because of his dumbassery.
April 07, 2021
I'm old enough to remember when tonsillectomies were the operation du jour; ditto with hysterectomies. I sill have my tonsils.

There is a reason you're not supposed to eat or drink anything x number of hours before getting on the operating table. Are Moos and Duhs really tht fucking stupid to not know any better? Shitleigh won't starve to death for not eating for 12 hours straight.
April 07, 2021
selidororous
I'm old enough to remember when tonsillectomies were the operation du jour; ditto with hysterectomies. I sill have my tonsils.

There is a reason you're not supposed to eat or drink anything x number of hours before getting on the operating table. Are Moos and Duhs really tht fucking stupid to not know any better? Shitleigh won't starve to death for not eating for 12 hours straight.

When I had my two eyes operated on, I went without food for the usual period, then the surgery was had in a surgery center but the minute I was transferred to a nursing home to recuperate, a chef salad was shoved in my face due to a massive blood sugar crash. I was so groggy I could barely eat.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 08, 2021
I wish I did not have my tonsils and adenoids because mine are nothing but germ vectors. However, it's a more dangerous surgery when one is older and the recovery is gruesome, if you are fortunate to recover. I know a guy who had it done in his 30's and he DIED. My Mallampati score is also a solid four, so there is not a lot of room to work.

I'm surprised that someone had a tonsilectomy without being intubated because it's all in the same neighborhood and the airway should be protected in case something goes wrong.

Several years ago a four year old boy died at the dental school in my town. The coroner ruled that he had an underlying, undiagnosed heart condition that caused his death. The parunts filed a $5M wrongful death lawsuit and they got $100,000. And while some may call it unnecessary or money grubbing, in that case kid had a MOUTHFUL of teeth that required root canals and crowns on top of that. Due to the extensive damage, they sedated him so they could address the multiple infections in his mouth.

He may have been part of a tiny percentage of people with genetically bad teeth, or his parunts could have allowed him to have a juice box in his mouth during every waking hour and they gave him all the sugar he cared to eat and did not require him to take care of his teeth. Likely scenario two, I'm thinking. (There were also mumblings that he was obese, and that would fit with a bad diet as well.)
April 08, 2021
Pretty sure the pre-surgery intake would've involved asking the parent about the last time the child ate anything. If he was honest then they would've canceled the surgery. I'm guessing he was not, so good luck with that lawsuit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login