Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lazy Breeders Want Unearned Promotions

Posted by Peace 
Lazy Breeders Want Unearned Promotions
April 08, 2021
I've seen many posts online from childfree people stating how parents were all allowed to work from home, yet the CF had to come into the office at the height of covid, with no allowance for their concerns and health. It got so bad that the NY Times even ran an article about childfree people having to cover the work of parents as well as their own work, and the anger it caused. Cue the responses from breeders everywhere about how raising kids is the hardest job in the world, how they deserve to do a half ass performance at their job for full pay because babieeeees, how childfree people were just oh-so-selfish for not working 70 - 80 hours/week. And of course, there were no benefits at all for CF people.

And now the chickens are coming home to roost. Guess who is getting the promotions and raises at work? The childfree people, because they were forced to bust their ass at work to keep their jobs, while breeders stayed home singing The Wheels On The Bus.

Lurking breeders: You can't have it both ways. You can't choose to stay home with your kids, pretend to do your job while making your childfree co-workers complete your tasks, play with babies on ZOOM meetings, then claim discrimination when said childfree people are promoted ahead of you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.reddit.com/r/workingmoms/comments/mlear9/skipped_over_for_promotion/

I just found out last week I was skipped over for a promotion for someone with less experience and seniority, because during Covid he didn’t care and still came into the office every day, while I had to juggle taking care of two small children while working from home for months, just trying to protect my family and all that.

Oh, he’s young, single, childless, and male, in case that wasn’t crystal fucking clear. Our boss is also male and has no children.

I’m so sick of moms being BURIED by work and home life and getting shortchanged over and over and over on thanks and recognition.

(I’m in a working moms fb group so if you saw this post over there, I’m the OP).

That afternoon I went to my boss and brought the issue up, and we’re supposed to have a meeting this week to go over things. He says to “make a plan”. I don’t want to make a plan. I want my fucking promotion. I just can’t stop being angry about the whole thing.
Re: Lazy Breeders Want Unearned Promotions
April 08, 2021
Some thoughts:

1. Those breeders who think parenting is the toughest job in the world probably shouldn't try to hold down another one, then. This woman is complaining that she couldn't juggle her children and her job while working from home, but I'm guessing when she was going in to her job, she bitched about juggling time at work vs. time with her children, or the tragic difficulties of getting childcare, blah blah blah....

2. Sounds like the coworker literally risked his life to do his job (and probably hers) and is being rewarded for it. You know, like how it's supposed to work (well, not the risking your life part, but the working harder and getting rewarded part). I'm the first person to yell misogyny when I see it, but her bitching that he's a guy and so is her boss doesn't rise to that level. If all other things were equal, sure, she might have an argument. But she admits she wasn't putting in the work and that he was. Which leads me to...

3. Just because you're working at home doesn't mean you should be able to slack at your job. Mr. kittehpeoples has been working from home since last spring and is regularly lavished with praise from his boss and coworkers because he is available when they call or email, gets right back to them, does the work they need diligently, well, and on time (usually early)...unlike her, he got his raise last year and will get another this year. If the poster couldn't manage to do her job from home, that's nobody's fault but hers.

and

4. She seems lovely. eye rolling smiley
April 08, 2021
Two things stood out to me:

1. She admits later in the thread that she started coming in two days a week because she "literally could not focus" at home because she was watching her crotch goblins and trying to work at the same time.

2. When she talked to her boss about it, he said, "make a plan." I have been a manager and those words are a red flag. When someone wasn't performing, a plan meant a PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT PLAN.

It's kind of funny that she went to her boss complaining about not getting the promotion and he countered that she needed a plan. Despite her wanting udder rubs for being a chyld-tending COVID Rockstar Working Mummy, her lack of performance is not going unnoticed.

Although I believe that people have their own biases, and likely feel more comfortable with people like them, I also believe that many managers just want to promote the person who will get the job done. Another thing I learned when I was a manager: keep it about the job.
If you keep it about the job and not the personality, your actions will be defensible.

#3: She's completely unwilling to consider that someone who worked harder SHOULD get the job. That lowers her credibility to zero in my book.

She obviously thinks the only "fair" outcome is to promote her over someone who was performing at a higher level. the world 'fail' on flames

It used to be that most humans recognized promotions based on merit are the only fair way to go, but not Moos. Moos want special treatment just because they shat brats. Unfortunately, they often get it when Breeders are in charge. Breeders promote someone who is doing a half-assed job because "they need the money," or other bullshit reasons.
April 08, 2021
Moos seem to think that employers give a shit that they have brats to deal with at home and that they should have promotions dumped in their laps simply for working and parenting, regardless of the quality of their work. Those kids are no concern of the boss - their only concern is that they have dependable employees who do their jobs, don't slack constantly and don't need constant hand-holding.

This Moo was "skipped over" for a promotion because her seemingly less qualified co-worker has proven to be a more dependable employee than her. She makes it out like the boss is playing favorites with his childfree male brethren or something and I don't think that's the case. This employee has no brats weighing him down and taking time away from his paying job like she does, meaning he does better quality and/or more timely work than the Moo employee.

This isn't favoritism, unfairness, sexism, discrimination, or anything other than the better employee getting the bump up the professional ladder for legitimate hard work. I'm sure the guy's willingness to come to work in the middle of a pandemic when distance working has become the norm also impressed his superiors. Or maybe he sucked the boss off to get ahead, I don't know. Moo just wants the promotion because she bred. Imagine that, employers want to do things in their best interests and promote the more competent employees! What a concept!

If Moo doesn't like it, she can quit and commit to being a full-time parent or she can hire a nanny to mind her sproggen while she works. Or take a job at a place run by another breeder because they can possibly sympathize more than the big meanie head CF boss.

"Make a plan" doesn't bode well for Miss Merry Moo. I think that's the boss' way of saying "get your shit together yesterday" and if she continues her bitchy gimme-gimme attitude about the promotion she doesn't deserve, she'll get promoted right to unemployment.

So what's the Duh doing during all this? Is he telecommuting to a job? I have to assume he's not if he and the brats are driving Moo so nuts that she's going to the office to escape them. Can't he mind the sproggen when she works from home? Or is he too busy playing video games to be a parent?
April 08, 2021
Peace
https://www.reddit.com/r/workingmoms/comments/mlear9/skipped_over_for_promotion/

I just found out last week I was skipped over for a promotion for someone with less experience and seniority, because during Covid he didn’t care and still came into the office every day, while I had to juggle taking care of two small children while working from home for months, just trying to protect my family and all that.

Oh, he’s young, single, childless, and male, in case that wasn’t crystal fucking clear. Our boss is also male and has no children.

I’m so sick of moms being BURIED by work and home life and getting shortchanged over and over and over on thanks and recognition.

(I’m in a working moms fb group so if you saw this post over there, I’m the OP).

That afternoon I went to my boss and brought the issue up, and we’re supposed to have a meeting this week to go over things. He says to “make a plan”. I don’t want to make a plan. I want my fucking promotion. I just can’t stop being angry about the whole thing.

Abortion(s) would have solved your problems!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 08, 2021
She doesn't see her kids as the problem. She sees everyone else as the problem and she's a victim.

Sane people recognize that all choices have tradeoffs. Some Moos do not want to hear it.
April 08, 2021
bell_flower
It's kind of funny that she went to her boss complaining about not getting the promotion and he countered that she needed a plan. Despite her wanting udder rubs for being a chyld-tending COVID Rockstar Working Mummy, her lack of performance is not going unnoticed.

Yeah. You don't have to squint very hard to read between the lines on this. She didn't come out and say "I've been half-assing my job for a year but I want the promotion anyway," but that's definitely what happened.
April 09, 2021
That's my step-sister to a T. Only she had a well off daddy, who paid for school in full because she crapped out the first grandkids with a thug. And now its an overweight simp who married her and funds her cushy life when Daddy didn't anymore. Also her job is letting her work from home, she mostly on FB all day collecting her full salary/benefits. And shes home with the kids 24/7 with family next door. Basically shes riding the gravy train HARD at Full Throttle!

I don't talk to her anymore, because ironically at her workplace her boss is my Landlady's little brother. I am not so well off, and all I asked was if there were any job opportunities at her company I could apply for. I never asked if I could use her as a reference or anything, she told me rudely to "go back to school". When she knows I cannot afford it, and I have sent out hundreds of apps with only 1 interview last year. This is typical breeder crap in my family.
April 09, 2021
The wife of one of my managers has been working from home for her job with a separate company for several years. The manager told me her employer required her (and other parents) to find child care for their children while she was actually at work on the computer. Interruptions and absences because of children at home causing distractions were unacceptable, so she had relatives care for the kids during the workdays.

Looks as if many employers did not think through having parents work from home during COVID. They learned, though. Now we start to see the results.

Before COVID, some employers that did have employees working from home had begun requiring them to return to work at the office. It was because of the very things discussed in this thread: moos not actually working because of the kyds.
April 09, 2021
kman
Before COVID, some employers that did have employees working from home had begun requiring them to return to work at the office. It was because of the very things discussed in this thread: moos not actually working because of the kyds.

Many employers who have Moos at home on the PC actually put software to watch the waddling cows to make sure that they actually do some work.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 09, 2021
I recall the article. Lots of sancto-parunts let us know we (as in any adult who hasn't bred) owe them because they are raising the generation that will be doing whatever for us. Some of the things we owe them include: letting parunts free range during these unprecedented times and miss as much work as they want to but make sure someone else can cover for them, extended parental leave with pay, make sure they are favored in promotions simply because they breed (and nothing to do with performance or promise), paying higher taxes so they can have "relief", etc. They also love to open up the creaky door of "you just might change your mind and then it will be your turn to enjoy all the freebies" because breeders have a limited deck of cards they can play that don't involve much imagination, so that one reappears with consistency.

I've got news for them, robots/automation will be doing the majority of the things they listed by the time I retire. Robots don't require 18 years of investment just so they can quit their job after 9 mos. and go on mooternity leave, bitch about not receiving more leave or free daycare, complain about not having enough money to their friends on the latest iphone from behind the wheel of their urban assault vehicle, insist on having their job held for them and change their mind at the end of leave to stay at home to watch the brat. While at home, find all blogs for miserable parunts and make a habit of posting about how unhappy and bored they are in their self-imposed situation. Avoid at all costs admitting the situation was 100% preventable.

Fast forward to 4+ years later, stamping their feet and throwing fits because they no longer have competitive skills in the market place and need a job now that they are a single moo. They shouldn't have to suffer a lower pay amount, as breeders they are due a raise! And they blame this on their: gender, famblee discrimination, race, etc. because none of them want to admit a person's market value drops when they are unemployed for long amounts of time: breeder or non-breeder. So, thank you parunts companies for creating brats robots!

Anyone who feels compelled to breed out of a sense of owing society something can have peace of mind knowing the robots will take over the majority of jobs and then the concept of mooternity leave will vanish from the vocabulary of society.

If there is insistence on breeding please make sure all with a vested interest 100% want the brats, can afford them whether single or partnered and have every intention of raising them to be good people. It is quite a bit to ask and if not up to the task then don't breed. Otherwise do society a genuine favor and find another much more constructive way to occupy one's time. If everyone cooperates and does this over-population will no longer threaten the planet.
April 09, 2021
demonkitten
I don't talk to her anymore, because ironically at her workplace her boss is my Landlady's little brother. I am not so well off, and all I asked was if there were any job opportunities at her company I could apply for. I never asked if I could use her as a reference or anything, she told me rudely to "go back to school". When she knows I cannot afford it, and I have sent out hundreds of apps with only 1 interview last year. This is typical breeder crap in my family.

I'm so sorry your half sister is such a jerk. I've helped out people I barely know/casually know who've asked if there are job openings. I can't imagine refusing to do this for a family member or anyone I like. I wonder if you'd have better luck asking the landlady's little brother?
April 10, 2021
In the current leftist political climate, a refusal to center and worship someone is akin to phobia and discrimination. There's a big difference between "you didn't get the promotion because you're a mom" and "you were not given the promotion solely on the basis of being a mom and you weren't extended favored status."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login