Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Guy had hard time getting a vasectomy

Posted by cfdavep 
Guy had hard time getting a vasectomy
April 28, 2021
....and tells his story

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/finding-vasectomy-doctor-131100533.html. Interesting
Re: Guy had hard time getting a vasectomy
April 28, 2021
Article
Yet after listening to my reasons, he told me that he wouldn’t help me pursue sterilization on the grounds that I was too young to make a decision that would affect the rest of my life (unlike, for instance, joining the military or taking out student loans).

OR HAVING A #@$^@%^ CHILD FFS OMG.

Always too young for permanent sterilization. Never too young to reproduce. I fucking hate that attitude.
April 28, 2021

Always too young for permanent sterilization. Never too young to reproduce.

Or too old, apparently.

The dude who wrote the article seems like a cool guy. Glad he persisted and got what he wanted.

When I was in my late 20's and trying to get a tubal and getting a ration of shit, the guy I was dating had a vasectomy pretty much immediately, no questions asked. He was 28 and we lived in an armpit in the Midwest, real Bible-Humping territory. (Spousal consent was also required, which is bullshit. I now live in a state where there is a 30 day waiting period ONLY for people who have not had biological children. It burns me up.)

I would not be surprised if our pronatalist society is starting to lean on men too. Heaven forbid that a man gets to live his life and not be yoked to providing for some children.

I think it's already happening.
April 28, 2021
I do have reservations regarding age. I have been CF since I was 14. I always would think about it on occasion but always ended up with the same conclusion. I drove a school bus and that is what really made me hate children and their breeder sows and duhs.
But, we are not the same at 28 when we were at 18 for the most part and we will like different things at 28. Doesn't even have to be children. May hate snails at 18 and 28 they are a delicacy. So I understand the hesitancy.
what pisses me is when these young people who take into account problems they have, defects, mental issues, etc and get the pro natalist shit... All I get from this is people don't give a damn what they inflict on children. And the docs who refuse to sterilize someone with cycstic fibrosis, heart defects, mental issues, etc. (and everyone else who support them) are sure as hell not going to be around to help and pay for defecto offspring. They may well be afraid of the eugenics crowd, that is a possibility. It is worse for women.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
April 28, 2021
twocents
But, we are not the same at 28 when we were at 18 for the most part and we will like different things at 28. Doesn't even have to be children. May hate snails at 18 and 28 they are a delicacy. So I understand the hesitancy.

I get what you're saying, but I'd still argue it's better to get sterilized and later decide you want kids (because there are still options) than to have kids early and later decide it was a mistake (because now that kid exists and it's too late).

Better, at least IMO, to set that "adult" age where you're allowed to make decisions for yourself, and expect doctors to honor it. Either that, or doctors need to start telling patients they're too young to have children and need spousal consent to undergo prenatal care...and we know that's not going to happen.
April 28, 2021
I see forced impregnation at least in some societies in the USA. Children are about control of humans and endless wars.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 28, 2021
Strangely with being CF the younger you look for sterilization the more serious you are. It is the moos who are the ones that change their minds when they meet another guy. I just knew I was CF when I was 15 and got a tubal at 22. The doc that did it admitted that he disliked teen moos and wished he could just sterilize them. he was very into the idea that if you were going to wreck your life with a kid at 16 then better to be sterilized. I think he was really into the idea of less unwanted kids, equals a better world.

The scary thing is most docs seem to think the opposite like most people. I actually thought that all docs were like him and that people having a hard time getting sterilized were dealing with rare religious types and were just unlucky, but it seems that those pro-breeder types are the norm.
April 28, 2021
I can understand wanting to hold off on sterilizing someone who is really young, like late teens or early 20s, but if someone is past the age of maybe 24 OR they prove that they have done research of their own and know what they're getting into rather than making an emotional knee-jerk reaction after a breakup, then no one should be refused sterilization. But when you've got people in their late twenties and any age beyond that still getting refused on the basis of no kids and potential mind-changing, it gets pretty damn ridiculous to have some asshole in a white coat tell you that he knows what you want more than you do. You think these overpaid twat stains would ever talk someone out of a face lift or a sex change? Hell no!

After listening to my reasons, [my doctor] told me that he wouldn’t help me pursue sterilization, on the grounds that I was too young to make a decision that would affect the rest of my life (unlike, for instance, joining the military or taking out student loans).

People make decisions that affect them the rest of their lives all the time and they are very rarely discouraged. I bet if the guy wanted to breed, he'd get applauded. Even if he were broke, terminally ill, mentally ill, homeless and addicted all at the same time, he'd still get congratulated on his desire to reproduce. Last I checked, having kids was a pretty damn permanent life-changing decision mistake that people very often make FAR too young. At the very least, if you regret not having kids, you're the only one affected. If you have kids and regret having them, you risk fucking those kids up for life when (not if) they learn you wish they never were born.

The bingoes were flying hard in that story too - the author has the patience of a saint not stringing someone up by their ankles. That breeder groomsman has some balls telling the guy AT HIS WEDDING that he would regret getting the snip because he might meet the girl of his dreams, implying the woman he was marrying or had already married wasn't. Even if that turns out to be the case, that's a pretty shite thing to tell someone. Someone who fights that hard to talk someone out of a reproductive decision most likely regrets not doing the same before breeding, because honestly, why else would someone become so invested in someone else's reproductive habits?

God I hate people. Why is it the moment someone says they want to do what they can to prevent unwanted children, everyone thinks it's a fucking public forum? Plus, why would anyone in their right mind want someone who clearly does not want and/or like kids to have them anyway? Wouldn't you want someone who, you know, WANTS the fucking things to have them? If someone tells me they don't like cats, I don't tell them they'll change their mind if they just go get a cat anyway because I know if they listen to me, they'd be lousy owners and may possibly wind up neglecting or abusing the cat out of their continued distaste for the things and it's probably easier to get authorities to get a neglected animal removed from someone's house than it is to get a neglected kid removed.
April 28, 2021
It sounds like the guy is from Ireland. Things may just be different there. He then tried to do it in Italy, which is an epicenter of Catholicism, also not a good bet.

Here in USA, at least for a while, things were a whole lot easier. Some areas may have changed, but every male that I know that wanted to get a snip, was able to get one. Biggest questions are: 1) Do you fully understand that this is permanent? 2) Do you have insurance or some other means of paying for this?

I've said it before and I will say it again. I tie pro-breeding to consumer spending and retail. A good number of parents told me that their kids cost them $500 per month each. When we look at how many kids there are, that's a huge part of the economy. My argument has always been that countries with lower population density have higher standard of living. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wide open spaces and untouched wilderness. Retail would survive just fine. No, they wouldn't be able to put up a store every few square miles, but that also would not be a bad thing.
April 28, 2021

That breeder groomsman has some balls telling the guy AT HIS WEDDING that he would regret getting the snip because he might meet the girl of his dreams, implying the woman he was marrying or had already married wasn't.

I think the guy who wrote the article was attending the wedding of a friend. Here's what he wrote about the guy:

One of the groomsmen, whom I’d never met before, decided that as a new father, it was his mission in life to talk me out of my decision. For hours, he used every argument he could muster, no matter how convoluted, to convince me he knew more about my life than I did. Six or so beers into the afternoon, he resorted to, “Come on, don’t you want a little version of you?”

“That would be my worst nightmare,” I said.

Nevertheless, it's still presumptive, obnoxious and unwanted. And OF COURSE he's a new father. Sounds like a fucking wanker who cannot keep out of someone else's business because misery loves company he wants someone else to experience the "joy" of parunthood.
April 29, 2021
would not shut up for hours.... I guess i'm not the only one who has heard someone blatting the same thing over and over again.
I have a limit, eventually I lose my temper.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
April 29, 2021
kittehpeoples
Article
Yet after listening to my reasons, he told me that he wouldn’t help me pursue sterilization on the grounds that I was too young to make a decision that would affect the rest of my life (unlike, for instance, joining the military or taking out student loans).

Always too young for permanent sterilization. Never too young to reproduce. I fucking hate that attitude.

Wait! I can top it!

Some of the trans activists want to allow minor children to make decisions about changing gender, including everything from the preliminary counseling and hormonal therapy all the way to the actual reassignment surgery. Once you get that surgery, there's no return. But those kids would otherwise be too young to decide about sterilization? What the fuck is this?
April 29, 2021
kman
kittehpeoples
Article

Wait! I can top it!

Some of the trans activists want to allow minor children to make decisions about changing gender, including everything from the preliminary counseling and hormonal therapy all the way to the actual reassignment surgery. Once you get that surgery, there's no return. But those kids would otherwise be too young to decide about sterilization? What the fuck is this?

It's called an agenda.

Frankly I could not care less if someone age 18 or older wants to get hormonal therapy and change their gender. I don't think 3 year-olds should be getting gender reassignment surgery, though.
April 29, 2021
bell_flower

That breeder groomsman has some balls telling the guy AT HIS WEDDING that he would regret getting the snip because he might meet the girl of his dreams, implying the woman he was marrying or had already married wasn't.

I think the guy who wrote the article was attending the wedding of a friend. Here's what he wrote about the guy:

One of the groomsmen, whom I’d never met before, decided that as a new father, it was his mission in life to talk me out of my decision. For hours, he used every argument he could muster, no matter how convoluted, to convince me he knew more about my life than I did. Six or so beers into the afternoon, he resorted to, “Come on, don’t you want a little version of you?”

“That would be my worst nightmare,” I said.

Nevertheless, it's still presumptive, obnoxious and unwanted. And OF COURSE he's a new father. Sounds like a fucking wanker who cannot keep out of someone else's business because misery loves company he wants someone else to experience the "joy" of parunthood.

You're right, I went back and re-read it. It wasn't as bad as I originally thought, but it's still a pretty ass thing to do to harp on a total stranger at someone's wedding about their reproductive choices and how they're "wrong" because they don't match those of the person bitching. Why do people feel compelled to even do this? I might be marginally more understanding if a close relative pulled this shit, but someone you don't even know? It's like listening to a saleman try to convince me to buy his overpriced garbage when I know it's not and never will be worth it or anywhere NEAR as great as he claims it is.

Reminds me of my old call center job. "Do you want this thing? Are you sure? Are you still sure? Welllll let me tell you why it's so great! With this thing, you can do (this) and (that) and (this too) and you'll LOVE it! Still no? You don't know what you're missing! You literally need this in your life! Still no? You'll be sorry if you don't do it! No? Well fuck you then! I hope your family dies in a fire, have a nice day!" Okay I said it more professionally, but that's the version with all the fat trimmed off. Breeders who think their lives are a sales pitch for paradise are far enough in denial to send me a postcard from Egypt.

Too bad the author didn't think to fire it right back at the guy and try to convince him to not be a father anymore using the worst possible arguments. Funny how it's okay for someone to tell a person they'll change their mind about not having kids, but if you tell a parent they'll change their mind when they "come to their senses" and "grow up," you'd probably have someone rip you a new asshole. So why is it okay for some random Moo to tell me I'll regret getting sterilized and I'm not a real adult and can never understand real love without babies, but if I tell them they'll pull a Susan Smith when they meet the right man, I'm the asshole? (Note I have not actually said this to anyone).
May 02, 2021
Cambion
You're right, I went back and re-read it. It wasn't as bad as I originally thought, but it's still a pretty ass thing to do to harp on a total stranger at someone's wedding about their reproductive choices and how they're "wrong" because they don't match those of the person bitching. Why do people feel compelled to even do this?

It is Stockholm syndrome combined with an insecure person who desperately needs others to validate his/her choices and takes advantage of a captive audience. It is very similar to what some born again x-ians and new members of MLMs do. The duh had a captive audience (wedding) and he used that to babble about his brat and demand agreement that he is a better person for his unique sperm donation to society. When he didn't get the back pats and calls out to his heroism for breeding he insisted on babbling and debating. If the author agreed with him he probably would have moved on right away to find another victim and left him alone.

Motto is don't bother arguing with strangers if you're a captive audience because they may be narcissistic enough to think they can change your mind.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login