Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CF girl in Europe bingo'd by customer rep

Posted by cfdavep 
CF girl in Europe bingo'd by customer rep
April 30, 2021
from insurance company

https://old.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/n1p55e/i_got_questioned_about_my_cf_stance_by_my/

I guess she is 23 and had jsut gotten a tubal, then got a call from her medical insurance co with some questions. When the female rep found out she just had a tubal she bingo'd a total stranger over the phone with "What?" Willingly?" "You mean you don't want kids?" The girl was too shocked to think of anything to say back.

Someone pointed out that this is why they record customer service calls in the US, for this type of stuff from employees. I had no idea that is why these calls are recorded, service reps flipping out on customers for whatever as the companies call it "quality assurance" or something like that.

I wonder if the breeder rep saw tubal on her record and found a way to harass a complete stranger under the guise of the company needing to verifiy info. Scary how twisted people can be.
Re: CF girl in Europe bingo'd by customer rep
April 30, 2021
Asking someone if they don't want kids when they've had a tubal or other permanent form of birth prevention is stupid. They only reason to do this is as some form of bullying, shaming or outright stupidity. Which part of a tubal did this woman from the insurance company not understand? She sounds like one of those that will argue vehemently that everyone will eventually breed. No, not everyone!

How would breeders feel if they were asked if they are sure they want to keep the kids they already have? It is the same thing breeders.
May 01, 2021
They record the calls to CYA. It helps in the situation above. But, make no mistake, it's more becuz the customer will lie, and say"They told me it was covered!" "They told me they received my payment" "They told me I didnt owe anymore" "they called me the N word"

It is not quality FOR the customer.
May 02, 2021
cfuter
They record the calls to CYA. It helps in the situation above. But, make no mistake, it's more becuz the customer will lie, and say"They told me it was covered!" "They told me they received my payment" "They told me I didnt owe anymore" "they called me the N word"

It is not quality FOR the customer.

It actually worked in my favor recently. An investment company screwed up my tax forms. They told me that I had given them incorrect information, and that they wouldn’t make the correction. I pushed back until they escalated it to someone who would review the original call and get back to me. Lo and behold, she called me back two days later, saying they would correct the form. I’m actually surprised they admitted to making the mistake.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
May 03, 2021
LoveToLurk

It actually worked in my favor recently. An investment company screwed up my tax forms. They told me that I had given them incorrect information, and that they wouldn’t make the correction. I pushed back until they escalated it to someone who would review the original call and get back to me. Lo and behold, she called me back two days later, saying they would correct the form. I’m actually surprised they admitted to making the mistake.

I applaud businesses who admit then pay for their mistakes. My PC Repair place made an error and installed my power supply upside down. They admitted they bloopered when I told 'em they installed my power supply and fixed the problem for free.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 03, 2021
freya
Asking someone if they don't want kids when they've had a tubal or other permanent form of birth prevention is stupid. They only reason to do this is as some form of bullying, shaming or outright stupidity. Which part of a tubal did this woman from the insurance company not understand? She sounds like one of those that will argue vehemently that everyone will eventually breed. No, not everyone!

I don't think there are any other reasons for getting a tubal besides a desire to either not have kids at all or not have more kids. It's not a cosmetic procedure that just happens to occasionally be medically necessary or vice versa (unlike a hysterectomy, which can be either/or). So being asked, "Hurr durr why'd ya do that?!" by anyone is stupid because there is only one answer. No Karen, I got a tubal because visible body modification isn't trendy enough for me. bemused eye roll

Gotta love how much total strangers will care about your reproductive choices, and it's not just the CF either. Consider all the idjits who feel it's perfectly acceptable to go up to a preggo and rub her stomach or 15 minutes after the loaf is born, some retard starts asking when they're having another one because only children grow up messed up! and now you need a boy/girl to complete the set heehee! You say you don't want kids and people think it's their duty to change their mind. If you tell them you've permanently altered yourself to prevent pregnancy, they tell you how awful you are and how you'll be a bitter old spinster with no one to love you. Why is this okay?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login