Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More breeder entitlement in the wild

Posted by kittehpeoples 
More breeder entitlement in the wild
May 01, 2021
I think I've mentioned here before that I belong to an historical recreation group, and I was just browsing some FB comments regarding women sword fighters and stumbled on this gem...somebody posted saying she didn't fight, but wanted to know how to support women who did, since women are a tiny minority of fighters in this group. Most of the comments were sensible, be a supportive audience, that sort of thing, but swear to god (and I don't know why I'm surprised) but one woman suggesting being a free babysitter. Ugh.
Re: More breeder entitlement in the wild
May 02, 2021
So much of what is posted on FB is premeditated and fake.

I think anyone posting in a group about how to support women should expect at least one woman to ask for free babysitting. Womben hear the words offer of support and immediately think "yes, free babysitting!"

It is like asking a brat where they want to eat, of course most will say "McDonalds!"

The woman who suggested this...how many brats does she have? Also, is the woman who asked how she can support the women fighters also a breeder?

This could have been a set up between them to find suckers for free babysitting through the guilt of "good will" for supporting the womben. Or they could be complete strangers who both sniffed an opportunity for free babysitting. I smell a ruse. Similar to those MLM schemes where the audience hurrahing for the person selling on FB are her upline and benefit directly from her successes.
May 03, 2021
It's a world wide group, so the OP and the sitter-seeker likely have never met. I don't know that for a fact, of course, but I definitely get the impression that the OP was legitimately asking for ways to support other women in a male-dominated area and a breeder saw it as an opportunity to make an unreasonable ask. (To be clear, she wasn't asking OP specifically to babysit, just saying that free babysitting would be a "great way" to support the women fighters in general...which is insulting in its own way, of course. Not all of these women are mothers, and of the ones who are, not all of them are seeking free babysitting so they and their partners can run off and have fun after saddling someone else with their kids.)
May 04, 2021
kittehpeoples
It's a world wide group, so the OP and the sitter-seeker likely have never met. I don't know that for a fact, of course, but I definitely get the impression that the OP was legitimately asking for ways to support other women in a male-dominated area and a breeder saw it as an opportunity to make an unreasonable ask.

I feel bad for the original poster then since her intentions sound good, no good deed goes unpunished I guess. Breeders will jump on any opportunity for the freebies though.
May 04, 2021
freya
kittehpeoples
It's a world wide group, so the OP and the sitter-seeker likely have never met. I don't know that for a fact, of course, but I definitely get the impression that the OP was legitimately asking for ways to support other women in a male-dominated area and a breeder saw it as an opportunity to make an unreasonable ask.

I feel bad for the original poster then since her intentions sound good, no good deed goes unpunished I guess. Breeders will jump on any opportunity for the freebies though.

I felt bad for her, too. She was legitimately trying to start a fruitful conversation about supporting women even if you don't Do The Thing, and here some breeder has to pop in with that. Even worse was that Breeder Mom said outright people should help watch her kids because she and their father both wanted to fight. God forbid one of them watch their own children while the other enjoys their hobby, and then trade off...no, better to demand that someone else do it so they can pretend they aren't parents for the day.
May 05, 2021

Even worse was that Breeder Mom said outright people should help watch her kids because she and their father both wanted to fight. God forbid one of them watch their own children while the other enjoys their hobby, and then trade off...no, better to demand that someone else do it so they can pretend they aren't parents for the day.

Not reading the room and a shameless gift grab...she sounds like a real winner.
May 06, 2021
she and daddy wanted to fight.
you know, turn it into a money making event. someone watch teh brats, set up a ring and sell tickets and let them duke it out. and make sure they duke it out. it can be verbal, they can whap each other into insensibility, anything. just put on a show for the friday night domestic fight.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login