Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Recent article in The New York Times

Posted by yurble 
Recent article in The New York Times
May 04, 2021
There's a new article "Women Who Said No to Motherhood" on childfree women, discussing a photographer who takes pictures of childfree women.

Ms. Noble began photographing women who opt out of parenthood in her studio, and in January, she began a new portrait series, “We Are Childfree” — an ongoing collection of photographs, stories and podcasts, documenting the lives of women who eschew motherhood. Between lockdowns, Ms. Noble has interviewed over 40 women from around the world, aged 21 to 78, and she has 200 applicants in the wings.
Re: Recent article in The New York Times
May 05, 2021
would love to lob that into one of those whining moo forums. or any mootard forum.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
May 05, 2021
No no no please don't.

Although the comments are generally intelligent, there are the usual unoriginal zingers....is anyone surprised most of them are from Breeder males who are obviously threatened? We don't need brain dead womben in addition to that.

Great bunch of badass, interesting women and although looks aren't supposed to matter, they are kind on the eyes and most look youthful for their age.
May 05, 2021
bell_flower
Great bunch of badass, interesting women and although looks aren't supposed to matter, they are kind on the eyes and most look youthful for their age.

I noticed that as well. Most of the women I meet who are my age easily look 10 years older to my eyes. The women there who were in their 40s looked in their 40s to me (as in, they look about as old as I do).
May 06, 2021
Bell, I probably won't. waste of time but it would be fun to be a fly on the wall and watch all the hysterical mooing, baaing and bleating about how horrible that people don't want to have the joy of passing watermelons, shitting all over themselves, shoveling kidshit for the rest of their lives..

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
May 06, 2021
So far I've submitted two comments that have gone unpublished, yet Breeder tripe is all over the comment section, mostly from men and Moos who are obviously threatened and insulted by childfree people.

Why is this female even commenting?

Preachy Moo
While i understand and respect these women's rights to choose (what a novel idea, women choosing), i have to say that having children is something that i always wanted and really enjoyed. Not only that, my children had children and that relationship is a pleasure in itself and apart from motherhood. Is there grief, hardwork, uncompensated, and just plain craziness, yes! But the joys and justifications for children are endless. We have had our sorrows with kids and grandkids and helpless feelings, but in the end, when you think about the relationships that you have, it makes it all worthwhile. Just a gentle reminder to these women, also. What if their mothers had chosen childlessness?

What if our mothers had chosen childlessness? < faint> My GAWD I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT! wide-eyed freak out

Do you think it's too late for me to have a kid, even though I'm almost 60 and have no uterus? moo, duh and two kids

I guess I'm going to have to comment a third time. If my mom had chosen "childlessness," she would have been a happier person, I wouldn't have had the miserable childhood I did and I wouldn't be here to ponder this question.

Why do these Breeder pea brains all say the same thing?
May 06, 2021
I never understood the logic behind the "what if your parents were like you and didn't have kids?" What if they were? I wouldn't have been born, so I wouldn't be alive to ponder any impact those circumstances would have on me because I wouldn't exist. And to be frank, I wish my parents had chosen childfreedom because they had no business having kids and fucked me up with their terrible decisions and behavior.

I don't know why it's so hard to grasp that there isn't a life choice that is universally enjoyable and children are included in that list. If one person loves being a parent, then that's great - that choice worked out for them. But not everyone loves being a parent and unfortunately, a lot of them don't realize they don't want to be parents until they already are parents, and by then it's too late.

bell_flower

Parenthood is nothing but a constant stream of stress and sleeplessness, so it's no surprise that the average breeder looks 10-15 years older than their actual age. Someone who has no kids often looks their age at the absolute worst, with many looking much younger.

Edit: I was able to see the photos from the article and WOW, I would never guess those women are their actual ages! They all look easily 5-10 years younger, at least to me.

“What’s selfish is having children that you don’t want or can’t properly care for,” she said.

THIS. This cannot be said enough. So many people who can't handle or afford kids for one reason or another will go and have them anyway because they think Gawd will provide or love will be enough or some shit, but then the kids wind up suffering because the parents had to have their own way. And honestly, if "because I want them" is a good enough reason to have kids, then "because I don't want them" should be a good enough reason to not have them.
May 06, 2021
Cambion
I never understood the logic behind the "what if your parents were like you and didn't have kids?" What if they were? I wouldn't have been born, so I wouldn't be alive to ponder any impact those circumstances would have on me because I wouldn't exist.

That's not much of a come-back for an anti-natalist like me. Given the choice, I would prefer to have never existed. Hard for them to wrap their minds around that, yet it seems like about half the people I know feel the same way - there are plenty of memes about it.
May 07, 2021
Notice how the moo in the comment goes on about how she respects women and their choices and then makes it clear they need to be reminded about how "wrong" their choice is if it doesn't line up with what the commneter did with her life then she seems to be saying that maybe the CF woman really shouldn't have had that choice.
May 17, 2021
I can't stand that preachy passive aggressive moocunt. If my mother never had kids, then I wouldn't be around to give a shit. So what?
May 17, 2021
thegoldengirl
I can't stand that preachy passive aggressive moocunt. If my mother never had kids, then I wouldn't be around to give a shit. So what?

That's my opinion too!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 17, 2021
craftyzits
thegoldengirl

That's my opinion too!

Brilliant minds think alike smileys with beer
May 17, 2021
thegoldengirl
craftyzits
thegoldengirl

That's my opinion too!

Brilliant minds think alike smileys with beer

Indeed

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 18, 2021
yurble
That's not much of a come-back for an anti-natalist like me. Given the choice, I would prefer to have never existed. Hard for them to wrap their minds around that, yet it seems like about half the people I know feel the same way - there are plenty of memes about it.

I'm the same way. I kinda wish my mother would have been childfree because she was too fucked in the head to be a parent and I wound up fucked in the head as a result. Can't say I really enjoy my life or have much to look forward to, so yeah, I would definitely have preferred to just not have existed in the first place! Most people I know have the same mindset because they also have crappy lives.

And the Moos who spout this bullshit about "durr hurr what if ur mom didn't want kids?!" seem to think that they're such perfect parents that they won't fuck their own kids up to the point where they will develop similar mindsets. I know not every childfree person is CF because of a bad childhood, but it is a contributing factor for many of us and damn near every single parent thinks they're doing a swell job when all they're really doing is creating job security for therapists.
May 18, 2021
Cambion
I'm the same way. I kinda wish my mother would have been childfree because she was too fucked in the head to be a parent and I wound up fucked in the head as a result. Can't say I really enjoy my life or have much to look forward to, so yeah, I would definitely have preferred to just not have existed in the first place! Most people I know have the same mindset because they also have crappy lives.

And the Moos who spout this bullshit about "durr hurr what if ur mom didn't want kids?!" seem to think that they're such perfect parents that they won't fuck their own kids up to the point where they will develop similar mindsets. I know not every childfree person is CF because of a bad childhood, but it is a contributing factor for many of us and damn near every single parent thinks they're doing a swell job when all they're really doing is creating job security for therapists.

The woman who raised me was a PNB and did a good job socializing me to where my fuck-ups don't show much, I was so genetically fucked up that I did not have much in the way of a life. It wasn't enough I was autistic. I developed two major mental illnesses and several physical problems which prevent me contributing to society. I would have preferred not to have been born.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 19, 2021
sorry for the problems you have cz... I also think I'm somewhere in some category, I know i'm not normal, don't think I've ever been. I think mom knew and acted as such but did not want to accept it. Save that she was nuts herself and wasn't sure what the hell to do. (thanks drunken grandma very much.)
Oh well. at least we had the smarts to not buy into the breeder bs

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

May 19, 2021
Cambion

I didn't have a bad childhood because of my parents, but because I was a sensitive kid who paid attention to the news. So I basically got the message that the world is shit, and people everywhere are suffering, and it is only a matter of time before it happens to those you love, too. I have not seen anything since to change my mind, I've just gotten a bit of a thicker skin when it comes to the suffering of people I don't know.

I've heard forced birthers say the same thing: what if your mother had aborted you? It really isn't the comeback they think it is, and my usual response is, "Well, then I guess my mother would have been busy arguing with your mother over her reproductive freedom and I would have been spared having to talk to you."
May 20, 2021
yurble
I didn't have a bad childhood because of my parents, but because I was a sensitive kid who paid attention to the news. So I basically got the message that the world is shit, and people everywhere are suffering, and it is only a matter of time before it happens to those you love, too. I have not seen anything since to change my mind, I've just gotten a bit of a thicker skin when it comes to the suffering of people I don't know.

For me, part of it was definitely paying attention to my peers' behavior because I didn't like kids even when I was one myself. It wasn't hard to see what assholes kids are and I also certainly remember what a bastard I was too, so I just always knew that I never wanted to voluntarily make myself responsible for an equally loathsome little cunt. I never paid the real news any mind personally - I usually read Weekly World News when I was a kid. tongue sticking out smiley I knew it was bullshit, but even now I'd rather read about the alien race that worships Donald Trump's hair than 99 percent of the things that happen in real life.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login