Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

thumbs up Reddit unpopular opinion--Stop hijacking Father's Day with more attenion mongering

Posted by cfuter 
Reddit unpopular opinion says what needs to be said. Single moms and children of single moms, stop hijacking Father's day.

https://www.reddit.com/r/unpopularopinion/comments/n8s63d/people_should_be_shamed_for_using_fathers_day_to/

Clicky for Reddit

Every year on Father's Day the social media tags almost always get hijacked to show love to "single mothers who raised me without a father". On Mother's Day the amount of people praising their father is so minuscule it barely registers. On this next Father's Day, and every fathers day after, I don't want to hear any praise for your single mom. They have Mother's Day, women's day, women's month, their birthday, Valentine's Day and I'm guessing there is a single moms day at this point

We as a society need to actively start saying stuff to people when Father's Day (one of the only days officially recognizing dads or even men in general) gets hijacked to spend more time praising mothers.
The first comment I read was a dude who said he did not care as long as it led to a beer and a hammock. The rest of the comments were single moos going on about the father that took off making them the single moos they are.

Seems like many dudes actually don't care as much about identity when it comes to parenthood and it is moos who see themselves as nothing but moos. One moo commenter keeps telling her daughter that "he may come back when she is older" probably not the best thing to give false hope like that.
I've honestly never really seen this, but if it does happen, I imagine the fathers don't really give a shit because men don't really attach the same value to Father's Day as Moos do to Mother's Day. Moos want the whole famblee to worship her all day and lavish her with gifts and handle all domestic duties so she can just relax all day, while Duhs probably prefer less attention so they don't have to pretend to be happy about a crappy homemade card from the kids they didn't want and a crappy tie they won't wear.

To be fair, most Moos are essentially single parents because they chose to breed with man-babies who don't do a damn thing in regard to child care, but that's the Moos' faults for reproducing with total losers. It's why I love the Moos over on r/breakingmom who decide they're gonna get revenge on their husbands for not making Mother's Day special by doing nothing for their Duh-husbands in June... and then the husbands don't notice because they don't care.
Both father's day and mother's day are made up sentimental holidays that glorify natalism, so as far as I'm concerned, neither requires any celebration at all. Let the breeders fight it out among themselves if they care so much.
It just amazes me the amount of different udder rubs Moos need to feel even more self-important and self-validate. And, seem to use men as a means to an end. They cant even let the Duds have their own rub to themselves.

And, still every year for decades now, I hear the same things thru different media, of how moms (and dads) when their kids are still young, want to celebrate their day by "just being left alone" It doesn't even seem to be a thinly veiled joke anymore. Wow. What does that say about the thing that is the most important thing in your life and the "joy" you claim it to be? The 'meaning' of your life? All those sticky kisses and food smeared smiles don't really seem to be doing it for ya if you want to be left alone from them. And, I always called bullshit on the "everyone has a bad day" "everyone needs a break once in awhile". That's just a cliche rationalization. There's nothing I do that gives me joy that I need a break from unless finally the bad is out-weighing the good that comes with it. You only need a break from the love of your life, when things are not going smoothly for awhile. People need vacations but people who really really are passionate about their vocations don't mind skipping them at all. If you cant be with the kids that you love MORE THAN ANYTHING, and are the "apple of your eye" on your special day that THEY make possible by being born, what can you do?

I'm trying to think of anything I've accomplished in my life that was tons of long, hard work,(but I allegedly enjoyed) where I constantly told myself and others and the world, wow i'm so great working so hard, i'm so great doing this on my own, i'm so great dont tell me i'm not, i'm so great I should get more recognition, I'm so great...
sticky kisses...? bleccch. be washing myself off with bleach now

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
cfuter
And, still every year for decades now, I hear the same things thru different media, of how moms (and dads) when their kids are still young, want to celebrate their day by "just being left alone" It doesn't even seem to be a thinly veiled joke anymore. Wow. What does that say about the thing that is the most important thing in your life and the "joy" you claim it to be? The 'meaning' of your life? All those sticky kisses and food smeared smiles don't really seem to be doing it for ya if you want to be left alone from them.

Haha, I love that shit too. They wax poetic about how wooooorth it parenthood is to everyone, but they will do practically anything to get the hell away from their kids. If they lurve their brats so damn much and totally don't regret having them, why do they try to escape them all the time? I understand needing a break even from loved ones, but if you truly care about someone, wouldn't you actually want to spend at least some time with them now and then?

cfuter
There's nothing I do that gives me joy that I need a break from unless finally the bad is out-weighing the good that comes with it. You only need a break from the love of your life, when things are not going smoothly for awhile. People need vacations but people who really really are passionate about their vocations don't mind skipping them at all. If you cant be with the kids that you love MORE THAN ANYTHING, and are the "apple of your eye" on your special day that THEY make possible by being born, what can you do?

Another good point! People generally only need breaks from things that they dislike or stress them out for one reason or another. When you enjoy something or are passionate about it, you can just keep chugging away not realizing you sank 15 straight hours into it, like making art or building something, or hell, even being unable to put down a good book or a good video game. So when you need a break from someone or something constantly, maaaaaybe it's not all that fulfilling?

But what else can Moos do except pretend like they're happy? If they tell people outright they hate their kids, their marriages and their lives, people will tell them how horrible they are and they'll probably lose babysitters friends because of it.
cfuter
And, still every year for decades now, I hear the same things thru different media, of how moms (and dads) when their kids are still young, want to celebrate their day by "just being left alone" It doesn't even seem to be a thinly veiled joke anymore. Wow. What does that say about the thing that is the most important thing in your life and the "joy" you claim it to be?

Word. Not to mention the burst of RESENTFUL RAGE that appears in Breaking Mom and similar forums when their ONE fairy tale day does not meet expectation. Jeez, you would think they were doing something day-to-day that they despised the other 364 days of the year. drinking coffee

They cant even let the Duds have their own rub to themselves.

Given that Moos trolled True Dad Confessions out of existence, because HOW DARE Duds express any dissatisfaction regarding their lives when Moos have it sooooo haaaaaaaard, it seems plausible that Father's Day postings would have a similar outcome.

Pathetic, really.
I don't care for the attention whoring so many moos tend to gravitate towards and how they also seem to feel the need to co-opt anything and everything. That being said, it is another hallmark holiday and anyone who takes those too seriously is likely someone not worth knowing. I've watched relatives choose to make themselves unnecessarily upset/fight over trivial expectations on holidays. I thought it was about memories but clearly for some holidays are about others meeting very specific and often unspoken expectations.

I find it very interesting to see/hear the expectations of others around certain holidays. Attention whoring moos tend to be the types that have the highest expectations. You'd think they personally invented the holiday sometimes.

I've watched relatives choose to make themselves unnecessarily upset/fight over trivial expectations on holidays. I thought it was about memories but clearly for some holidays are about others meeting very specific and often unspoken expectations.

I find it very interesting to see/hear the expectations of others around certain holidays. Attention whoring moos tend to be the types that have the highest expectations. You'd think they personally invented the holiday sometimes.

This reminds me of something that happened one Christmas at my in-laws. My SIL, who was pushing 60 at the time, had a dotter who was around 26/27? who was still living at home with her. SIL and her husband had driven to the Christmas destination and the kid was flying in a couple of days later because she didn't have a lot of vacation time at her job.

There was snow at my SIL's residence and it appeared her kid's flight was going to be delayed by a day. The plan was for the family to open presents (nothing special, just a draw-your-name kind of thing for a cheap item) one day and the kid was possibly going to miss that and arrive the next day.

I watched my SIL have a full blown, sobbing meltdown because of these events and OMG WTF BBQ her ADULT CHYLD might miss the opening of the (cheap, nothing special) presents! This is someone she SAW EVERY DAY and LIVED WITH EVERY DAY. And we are not talking about physical injury to anyone and the kid was going to be there eventually.

I watched the whole thing and really thought my SIL was/is mentally ill. Looking at it now, a few years out, I still think it's pathetic. My SIL has nothing else going on in her life, to the point where a small thing like this can be Earth shattering. Of course, she's also the type of woman who tells everyone that she "didn't have to work," yes even though it's 2021. I'm sure she thinks it's some kind of accomplishment to say she hasn't worked in 40 years, but it just makes me wonder what she's done with her life. She has no hobbies, unless you count gossiping about family to include her poor "childless" SIL.

Anyway I drifted a little, but the bottom line seems to be: when you have nothing going on in your life other than brats, you can be a real boring and petty person. And because you want constant udder rubs for your chosen "job" of mother, you can also be a real PITA because you want all this validation for something that was your choice to do.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login