Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fundies guide for unmarried adult daughters

Posted by ladybug2203 
Fundies guide for unmarried adult daughters
May 14, 2021
Lordy low https://unlessthelordmagazine.com/articles/when_your_daughter_is_grown.htm
Re: Fundies guide for unmarried adult daughters
May 15, 2021
Holy whatzit, that's some disgusting stuff. I couldn't even get through it all.
May 15, 2021
Ladybug, do you really enjoy torturing yourself like that, finding that stuff? openmouthed shock

I couldn't finish it either. holding finger to head as if a gun
May 15, 2021
kman
Ladybug, do you really enjoy torturing yourself like that, finding that stuff? openmouthed shock

I couldn't finish it either. holding finger to head as if a gun

I didn't find it it showed up on my Facebook feed one of my friends had posted it
May 15, 2021
I only have one question: WTF?

Let me begin by saying that I am not anti-choice. But I align better with pro-abortion and pro-birth control.

Whoever wrote this garbage is a sick, twisted pervert. We had a few anti-choice scumbags on this forum from time to time. In some way, I did enjoy reaming them a new one. It is not a secret of any kind that most of anti-choice tyrants have obtained their beliefs from conditioning spelled out in this directive.

Women in my family are doctors, engineers and college professors. This absolute garbage is a vivid reminder how little has been accomplished in modern society and how much further we have to go. pouring bleach on a brain
May 15, 2021
They're going to party like it's 1699

thom_c
They're going to party like it's 1699

About the size of it.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 15, 2021
3. Classes or apprenticeship opportunities for midwifery, or caring for the aged and handicapped.

This is important for all the tards shat out by these scumbags.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 15, 2021
I had similar thoughts--I thought I was reading something from 1905.

Great to cripple your dotter and make her dependent on the graciousness of other adults for her financial support. What happens when her parents die? She becomes destitute and unable to support herself.

I'm curious about the person who posted it on Facebook. Did she post it as something to be seriously considered? If so, ladybug, you need a better class of friends.
May 15, 2021
bell_flower

Great to cripple your dotter and make her dependent on the graciousness of other adults for her financial support. What happens when her parents die? She becomes destitute and unable to support herself.

I'm curious about the person who posted it on Facebook. Did she post it as something to be seriously considered? If so, ladybug, you need a better class of friends.

No no, she's a somatic sex therapist/educator and is a big advocate for women's rights, she's works tirelessly day in and out to remove shame with regards to human sexuality. she found it online (not sure where), she posted it to make fun of/condemn it, basically "what not to be" with women, to lecture (in a good way) on what dangerous thinking this is. She has many clients who suffer with religious shame and guilt and have had sexual dysfunction as a result.

So girls should marry young, but have no interaction with men whatsoever=fundie logic pouring bleach on a brain
May 17, 2021
bell_flower

I am thinking it could have been posted as a reminder about what the world was like. Hopefully
February 19, 2022
I have heard that there was a big problem waaay back, and I'm talking the early settlements here by the european invaders was many of the women would run off and join Indian encampments because of greater freedom.

Technically, running a house and raising children is a full time job by all observations. Any work outside is just adding more work. 150 years ago it was a separation of labor as the men were out working on farms, forests, and it was reallly back breaking back then. Of course, this ran the gamut as well once some people became well off, frequently at the expense of others..

Today though a girl needs a paying occupation and training as they can't depend on males. If they get lucky they might find someone who can pull down a good paycheck, but that is less and less.

Look, if human nature and how people act was better...maybe this model would work... it is not meant to be one of dominance, but working together... decisions should be made together and if a man is the type who will take other ideas into consideration it will be even better. It is much like negotiations (if they would work fairly) would work. you have compromises, work arounds, etc but not without the 'comply or die' mentality.

This is not how people act and behave though. still won't make me have any children because at the bottom of it, I just don't want to put up with them. ...

I can play devils advocate sometimes... the scenario would be in a better world I think... but it is wishful thinking, not reality. And that is my problem; I'm a realist and it comes across as negativity or pessimism

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
February 20, 2022
This isn't that far from what one of my experiences after graduating from college and having the audacity to not find myself a husband in those years. When I was 21 years old a member of my parent's church asked me if I was going to live with my parents and take care of them. They were in their freaking 50's and is the year 1850? In his pea brain any woman who doesn't find a mate in college is automatically a spinster who plans to care take for life?

I thought the man who asked this was an absolute nut case.

I think there are plenty of people today who absolutely cannot stand it when they see a woman who can hold her own in the world without a man or parent carrying her every step of the way. The default attitude is still that any single woman has to be desperate and is looking for a man to marry and take care of her. While I would love to point out that I don't care if I ever remarry it just makes them think I'm lying or I'm a nutcase for not wanting marriage-because it is the default. It doesn't matter that being married was the loneliest period of my life.

I still have had men make comments and assume someone else is supporting me and buying me nice things. When I have nice things it is because I buy them unless it is a Christmas or birthday gift. At this point I'm convinced I'll be asked about this at 80. I'll have idiots assuming I'm a widow and that my late husband is the one who provided my retirement life.

I had one male at work make a nasty comment about how I must visit the mall all the time. He didn't realize I moved back to the country with one suitcase and bought my wardrobe at a thrift store for $200. All he cared about is that I looked nice so that had to mean I was blowing all my money at the mall, because isn't that what females live for? I wasn't visiting any malls!

I've had men pass judgment (either looks or actually making comments) if they see me buying a lottery ticket while they spend more on the alcohol/cigarettes/junk food/prepared food in their carts than I spend on lottery tickets in a year. Even though a lottery ticket won't mean I end up with a hangover, diabetes, malnutrition or feed an addiction like they may very well be doing.

Two years ago I had a man ask me if I had a boyfriend, I said no. He then asked me if was going to be okay and not go into a meltdown. I had no idea what he was talking about so I asked. It was Valentines Day. He said lots of women that don't have boyfriends on Valentines Day get drunk, take obscene photos of themselves that they share and regret it the next day. I looked at him like he was a nutcase while I hoped this is not true.
February 22, 2022

I still have had men make comments and assume someone else is supporting me and buying me nice things. When I have nice things it is because I buy them unless it is a Christmas or birthday gift. At this point I'm convinced I'll be asked about this at 80. I'll have idiots assuming I'm a widow and that my late husband is the one who provided my retirement life.

When I moved to a major Southeastern city in the 1990's I had a guy ASSume that the nice furniture in my apartment came from an ex-husband. I was quick to tell him I bought it myself with a signing bonus from my job.

When I was starting out in my work life (late 70's early 80's) it was common for people to say crap like, a single woman doesn't "need" the same money as a man when doing a job because he has a fambilee to support. (Women with short memories or young women insist they are not feminists.) Feminism was all about equal pay for equal work and giving women economic equality. Women used to not be able to get credit in their own names, only their husband's name.

It's disheartening to think this attitude has not changed, but we can thank the "family friendly" mantra for keepings just as they were. Breeders are now demanding they not be "penalized" for their life choices and for working less than someone without kids. They want to tie pay to reproductive choices, not on the job performance.

The more things change, the more they remain the same!
February 22, 2022
bell_flower
When I moved to a major Southeastern city in the 1990's I had a guy ASSume that the nice furniture in my apartment came from an ex-husband.

What in the ever-loving fuck.
February 26, 2022
bell_flower

When I moved to a major Southeastern city in the 1990's I had a guy ASSume that the nice furniture in my apartment came from an ex-husband. I was quick to tell him I bought it myself with a signing bonus from my job.

When I was starting out in my work life (late 70's early 80's) it was common for people to say crap like, a single woman doesn't "need" the same money as a man when doing a job because he has a fambilee to support. (Women with short memories or young women insist they are not feminists.) Feminism was all about equal pay for equal work and giving women economic equality. Women used to not be able to get credit in their own names, only their husband's name.

It's disheartening to think this attitude has not changed, but we can thank the "family friendly" mantra for keepings just as they were. Breeders are now demanding they not be "penalized" for their life choices and for working less than someone without kids. They want to tie pay to reproductive choices, not on the job performance.

The more things change, the more they remain the same!

Exactly. If a woman works it is for pin money. No honey, this isn't 1900. I used to be given hell because that was also my definition of feminism (equal pay for equal work and economic equality). Feminism wasn't about being paid equal and somehow having the time and energy to have 4 brats. That was just stoopid.

The "famblee friendly" crap is just another pyramid scheme. No one should be paid to breed in modern day society. Labor doesn't suddenly become voluntary when one breeds.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login