Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Proud papa asks if he's an asshole for making his daughter do chores in exchange for pads

Posted by Cambion 
Needless to say, he's getting a hole stomped in his ass over this. The short version is he has his teen daughter do chores (cleaning and cooking) to help pay him back for her extra-curricular activities as well as her monthly period supplies, but he does not make his teenage son do any chores to compensate for his after-school crap, even though the goldenpenis' extra-curricular activities cost much more.

Apparently, Sonny Boy's sports stand to help him get into college whereas the daughter's dance and choir classes are more frivolous, in his opinion. Must be he's expecting his son to get a sports scholarship for his mediocre, at best, athletic abilities. Duh is pissed that the daughter gets mad over the chores and leaves, and also because her aunt and uncle side with her and not with Duh on the matter.

I don't think anyone would object to kids being expected to do chores, even if it was as a form of repayment for extra-curricular activities because sometimes you have to work for stuff you really want. But the reasoning behind this guy's logic is pretty shitty (only making her do shit and not the son), especially holding his daughter's monthly supplies for ransom. Like did this guy reach age 50 and not figure out how periods work? That is something beyond the girl's control and it's not really up for debate - if she's menstruating, she needs the proper supplies to handle it.

Would he make her work for medication she needed too, I wonder? I know Duh has never experienced periods first-hand, but the stuff needed to deal with them are a necessary expense and if he didn't want to deal with it, maybe he shouldn't have had another kid after his son. She can work for her own supplies when she's an adult, but until then, they are Duh's responsibility and him not providing them is neglecting his daughter's health.

Oh, but he'll have you know that punishing his daughter for an uncontrollable biological process and having only her do chores and not his son does NOT make him sexist. This is a swell way to make his daughter move out and never speak to him again.

I'd be sorely tempted to shame the fucker if I were the daughter, like telling the school nurse her dad refuses to buy her period supplies, or saying Dad was too poor to afford them. Or maybe starting a GoFundMe page complete with publicly shared names discussing how they are so destitute that they can't afford pads. Or she could totally get pregnant out of spite - he'd have to pay for pre-natal exams and deal with her dropping out, but at least he wouldn't have to buy pads for a few months!

https://old.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/j54k15/aita_for_expecting_my_daughter_to_do_chores/

I (50M) lost my wife ten years ago. It’s just me and my two kids N (17M) and E (F15), recently it caused a big stink with some family that my daughter does chores, but my son does not. I explained it’s because I have to spend extra on my daughter each month not only for her extra curriculars, but for her monthly supplies, so it‘s my way of having her pay me back. She cleans the shared living spaces and bathrooms in our apartment and cooks four meals a week. My brother said I spend twice as much on my sons extra curriculars and by my logic, he should have to do chores too. I explained he didn’t because I feel his could help him get into college but hers were just a hobby in my opinion.

E overheard me say this and was very upset. She started refusing to do chores because it isn’t fair. I told her she’d still be doing her chores and life isn’t fair so stop being a brat, or I’d refuse to pay for her extra curricular stuff or pads. I wouldn’t actually do that, but I was mad when I said it. She packed a bag and took off. She’s been staying with my sister who called me an abusive asshole when I demanded she send E home. My brother and sister are coddling her and I’m furious. N said I was being an asshole to E and that’s why she left. I’m completely fed up with the whole thing. AITA for expecting her to do chores?

ETA: My son plays Football and Baseball while you daughter is in choir and a dance group, so yes I do think my son has a better chance at getting a scholarship. I’m not sexist and I don’t appreciate being called one, and for those of you messaging me saying you hope someone calls CPS on me, I’m not doing anything wrong so that’s just stupid.
This duh is not just a run-of-the-mill idiot, but a flaming delusional idiot. He's exhibit A for pahrunts who think getting a kid to play sports will get them a uni scholarship. That's what this is really about, not "getting into" uni. Most people can do that—apply and get in. Paying for it is the problem.

The odds of his son getting a sports scholarship to uni is little or none. It's always been like that, too, no secret. But this duh is probably a big sports fan, and they tend to be ignorant about that stuff anyway.
In addition to being a flaming misogynist asshole, the Dud has serious psychological problems. Too bad he cannot see it because he posted he's not doing anything wrong. I'm wondering if he has resentment because his wife died and left him with the kids and and he's taking it out on the daughter.

His singling out of menstruation is very disturbing. Maxi pads and tampons don't cost all that much and I'm sure he's buying the Great Athlete jock straps, cups, foot fungus cream and cream for jock itch.

I hope the kid stays with her aunt and lives in a house where she feels wanted, and she leaves and never looks back. As it is, she's probably going to have serious Daddy/relationship issues and she'll end up with the first guy who shows her a little bit of attention. Poor kid.
bell_flower
I'm wondering if he has resentment because his wife died and left him with the kids and and he's taking it out on the daughter.

Sounds about right, but I wonder if he only had a son, would he take his resentment over having to raise his own kids out on his son? Or does he target his daughter simply because she's female like his wife? Or maybe he's trying to turn his daughter into a domestic replacement for his wife - doing chores, cooking food for the menfolk and threatening to neglect her feminine health needs if she doesn't do her "duty." Or maybe he just hates women in general and feels his duty as a parent ends with his son and always saw his daughter as his wife's problem.

I mean, maybe he was spending a lot on pads for his daughter because she might have a super heavy flow, but if that's the case, he should probably take her to a doctor to see if she can take the pill or something to make them less miserable. If she does have a heavy flow, then it's an even bigger dick move to try and deny her menstrual products.

I hope she stays away too. No teen needs to be treated like that by their own father. Let Duh and Junior fend for themselves as far as cleaning and cooking. Maybe they can use the vast fortunes Duh was spending on pads and dance class and use them to hire a maid instead.
bell_flower

His singling out of menstruation is very disturbing. Maxi pads and tampons don't cost all that much and I'm sure he's buying the Great Athlete jock straps, cups, foot fungus cream and cream for jock itch.

I hope the kid stays with her aunt and lives in a house where she feels wanted, and she leaves and never looks back. As it is, she's probably going to have serious Daddy/relationship issues and she'll end up with the first guy who shows her a little bit of attention. Poor kid.

Good that she has the aunt who will take her in (and provide all those products for women), Glad to see she has some support in this matter.

The Great Athlete also needs Under Armor, Spandex, Speedos and trophies. I cannot think of a more useless product than a trophy. Given a choice between a trophy and a new box of jockstraps, I think most male athletes would rather have the latter. After all, a trophy is not going to keep it from "flopping around down there"".
Cambion
bell_flower
I'm wondering if he has resentment because his wife died and left him with the kids and and he's taking it out on the daughter.

Sounds about right, but I wonder if he only had a son, would he take his resentment over having to raise his own kids out on his son? Or does he target his daughter simply because she's female like his wife? Or maybe he's trying to turn his daughter into a domestic replacement for his wife - doing chores, cooking food for the menfolk and threatening to neglect her feminine health needs if she doesn't do her "duty." Or maybe he just hates women in general and feels his duty as a parent ends with his son and always saw his daughter as his wife's problem.

This was my first though. It wouldn't surprise me if he was one of those man-children we keep reading about on Breaking Moo, that don't lift a finger around the house and expect his mommy-wife to do all the cuntwork. Except his mommy-wife up and died, and now that the girl child is old enough he expects her to step in and play mommy-daughter.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
LoveToLurk
Cambion
This was my first though. It wouldn't surprise me if he was one of those man-children we keep reading about on Breaking Moo, that don't lift a finger around the house and expect his mommy-wife to do all the cuntwork. Except his mommy-wife up and died, and now that the girl child is old enough he expects her to step in and play mommy-daughter.

Sounds about right!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
He also seemed to think aunt was coddling the girl. but did not detail how she was supposedly coddling. Not following his golden dick head dictates perhaps?

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Even though it isn't a moo complaining this time, I still wonder: why the fuck do women breed with these assholes?

My second thought is she probably died to get away from him.
Other possibilities:

1. It's fake. The OP has one post on all of Reddit, this one, and it was 7 months ago. The user name is "ThrowAwayGirlvsBoy" which is pretty provocative. For the sake of the teen girl, I'm hoping this story is fake.

My second thought is she probably died to get away from him.

Or she flat out ran away. Note his ambiguous wording: "I lost my wife 10 years ago." He did not write that she died.

She may have taken off because he's a major asshole and it was self-preservation. (Or maybe she was a hopeless druggie--there are a fair # of those around.) If he's abusive, it is not ideal to leave the kids, because abusive turds do not really care about the kids, but some of them will hunt the wife down and harm them all if she takes them with her.
Not making the son do chores is one way how you end up with an entitled kid that expects other people to do stuff for him and is a slob. I hope the daughter stays away; having somebody hold supplies like that in exchange for chores when the male sibling does nothing is abusive.

If pads or a tampon cost that much, then why isn't he getting her a Diva cup or something? They are reusable and they last 10 years. Or even reusable cloth pads. They last a long time too if they are cared for properly.
nightfire
If pads or a tampon cost that much, then why isn't he getting her a Diva cup or something? They are reusable and they last 10 years. Or even reusable cloth pads. They last a long time too if they are cared for properly.

He or his daughter may not know such things exist, but if I had to guess, he'd probably balk at those too because while they are reusable, they also cost more up-front. If he thinks a box of pads every couple months costs too much, he'd probably retch at the cost of a cup or cloth pads, even if they are far cheaper in the long run.

Also, if she went with reusable menstrual products, Duh wouldn't have leverage to use against the girl. So she could just hide her cup during the dry three weeks of the month and then not do chores anymore. Keeping her dependent on disposable products means he can control her more easily.
I'm sure reusable products are too "gross" for him. He seems like the type.
bell_flower
Other possibilities:

1. It's fake.

I really hope so.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login