Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Positive Reactions to being CF

Posted by bell_flower 
Positive Reactions to being CF
May 28, 2021
I thought it might be fun to share positive stories of being CF and reactions from people who support(ed) you.

I thought of a funny one today, courtesy of my grandmother. In some ways my grandmother was a difficult person, but I respected her for many reasons. She only had one kid (my mother) and was widowed at a young age. She stayed single and worked her whole life and was a hard worker. She was smart but unfortunately faced a lot of discrimination. She was very good at her job, but because she was a woman she was not eligible for the "men's jobs." She trained a lot of young men that went on to become executives at the company where she worked.

That was reality in the 40's, 50's and 60's. These stupid Moos who whine they are being discriminated against at work when they don't get "free" daycare and promotions just for sucking air absolutely do not get it.

Anyway, I'm digressing.

I was not my grandmother's favorite grandchild, but she supported me in my CF stance, more than her own kid did, and that is worth a lot.

When I was married to my first husband, I eloped, mostly because I didn't want to deal with family crap. One of my sisters was planning a wedding and I saw how unreasonable my mom was being, despite not paying for any of it. At a family function, my grandmother had a few drinks and announced to everyone:

"When bell_flower eloped, everyone thought she was pregnant. Everybody except me, that is. I knew she wasn't pregnant. I said to myself, 'Not that one. She's way too smart for that. In fact, she's too smart to have any kids and that's fine with me.' "

THANKS NANA! thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login