Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help! My Wife and I Quit Our Jobs to Travel the World. Then She Made a Decision That Ruined Everything.

Posted by freya 
My guess is that she decided she wants brats. I opened the article and sure enough!

Neither had much a desire to have kids. As soon as they decide to travel the world she gets baybee fever. They buy a house and she ends up inpig then loses it eight weeks later. He now realizes there is no way in hell he wants any brats and that it will likely lead to divorce.

This comments receives review score of 10:
Awesome individual
Breeding ruins everything. Find a smart woman who has higher aspirations in life that don't mimic that of the common household roach.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellness/help-my-wife-and-i-quit-our-jobs-to-travel-the-world-then-she-made-a-decision-that-ruined-everything/ar-AAU5OUy?li=BBnbfcL
freya... did you look down and see the highlighted sentence that this was from 'help, my father is threatening to tell my twins they survived a fetus reduction'??? Infering from this it sounds like this stupid cow is still snuffling after a nasty vicious sperm donor only to be rewarded with a kick in the teeth each time. and this abhorrent threat was brought on because (perhaps) she finally got tired of being the dicks punching bag.

something like this, if the husband is on board, would warrent a threat of a good asswhooping to me. I think this might be one time to actually lie to a child and just state that the ones that are not there were not able to live because of x, or were already passing. Then I'd tail sperm donor daddict, drop a plastic bag over his head and beat him to within an inch of his life. and I'd make sure to break a few bones in the process as well.

as for the original letter, he is going to have to dump this baby rabid asshole woman. no one will be happy. otherwise she'll turn into a miserable, slobby whining bitch on wheels constantly carping that 'daddy won't help, daddy won't interact with child'... namely he won't play house with the brood sow.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
That dude needs to get ready to travel the world without her. In fact, he should have done it before buying the house. Sometimes, it is time to pack. This is one of those times.
Did one of us post that comment? the finger smiley devil smoking
She wants to throw away traveling the world & other higher aspirations, just to be a house bitch, a parasite wrangler, & nothing else. Fucking low brow simpleton. bull shitting
in the cf forums he would have more support. anywhere else I don't know why these mooing cows seem to think baby rabies trumps a 'no'.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Someone posted that when traveling everything eventually becomes the same and of course! they have brats.
I have a hard time believing anyone who loves travel can be convinced travel is boring (except for a boring person). I could accept travel is not their passion, that is reasonable. And I only know a tiny amount of people who traveled extensively before brats. Guess what? They all still love traveling.

If anything sound monotonous to me it is having brats. You're stuck with them day in/day out. Sure they grow. So do houseplants.

Nothing else in life requires this kind of daily monotony. With work you can put in effort and move to something different or more challenging. It may take years to do this but it definitely won't be 18+ years.
Sounds like wanna-Moo should do some soul-searching herself and determine if she actually wants to give up a life of traveling or if she just wants babbies because someone she knows had one. Like does she reeeeally want to raise another human being for two decades and all the bullshit that entails, or is she romanticizing cuddling an infant and putting tiny clothes on it? Brats have a no-return policy and a lot of women put minimal to no thought into the long-term consequences of reproduction.

But yeah, this doesn't sound like a marriage that can be salvaged because both these people want two very different, very conflicting things and if one gives in to the other's wishes, that person is going to wind up bitter and resentful of what they gave up for the other spouse. Like Prudie said, good on the husband for figuring this out before making a kid because believe me, the kid would eventually figure out that only one of its parents actually wants it and that realization hurts.

I'm pretty sure the only people who truly hate to travel are the ones who are attempting to travel with brats in tow because hooooly fuck, loading the sprogs into the minivan to drive to the fucking gas station is an entire all-day ordeal requiring packed bags, a supply of snacks and toys, an action plan, emergency contacts, the assistance of a professional negotiator and hours of arguments beforehand about every single fucking thing ranging from "no you can't leave the house barefoot in January" to "stop putting gummy bears up your butt."

Leave Moo to have her boring broodmare life and travel the world solo! Who knows, maybe he'll meet a CFer with wanderlust along the way. Then come back home and rub it in the ex's face that he's been all over Europe while she's at home in the 'burbs with a prolapsed uterus wiping buttholes.
someone here or reddit posted something on a womans attempt to get her 4 bastards into a car for some trip. it was a litany of total shit that, if it were me, would end up with the kids being physically booted down the stairs.

Years ago I was waiting to drop off my car at a body shop (my boss seemed to have a prediliction for backing into it). There were quite a number of customers. Suddenly the quiet was pierced by one of the most blood curdling screams I have heard... everyone went out side or turned on the steps if they were waiting there... all it was was some goddam snotleigh being loaded into a car. You would think she was being murdered... although, with child abuse as rampant as it was it could be that was an abused child. nevertheless, who wants to hear that.

as for the statement on child abuse... I think it shadows even the covid numbers.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

I guess I must be boring because I don't like travelling. I'm a total homebody and don't like the idea of leaving my home for too long. I get homesick really quick and want my own bed and bathtub, etc.

OTOH, I have a sister who has travelled the world extensively for her career, and even now that she's retired, she still loves to go different places and see what's new. I respect her for that. She wanted me to visit her in Las Vegas where she lives, but I declined because I hate the idea of getting on a plane.

ITA that by one spouse getting their way, the other will be bitter and begin to hate them. I think they should part ways now because this is a relationship doomed to fail.
mumofsixbirds
I guess I must be boring because I don't like travelling. I'm a total homebody and don't like the idea of leaving my home for too long. I get homesick really quick and want my own bed and bathtub, etc.

OTOH, I have a sister who has travelled the world extensively for her career, and even now that she's retired, she still loves to go different places and see what's new. I respect her for that. She wanted me to visit her in Las Vegas where she lives, but I declined because I hate the idea of getting on a plane.

ITA that by one spouse getting their way, the other will be bitter and begin to hate them. I think they should part ways now because this is a relationship doomed to fail.

I'm kind of in the middle in regards to traveling. I used to like to travel (when I lived in a crappy area) because leaving and going almost anywhere was better than where I was from. Since I moved to a better location the travel bug is mostly quelled. I can drive a couple of hours and ski, see mountains, go to the coast, the beach, the forests, camping, numerous parks, etc.

I like to travel but only in certain circumstances. I avoid trips where everything is hurried and there isn't wiggle room. I've traveled with others who go into frenetic mode the entire time, that is not relaxing. Also, need at least 24 hours afterwards to relax and unwind-it is also a grace period in case a flight is delayed. I'm picky about who I travel with--because the point of traveling is to relax and enjoy it.
I also avoid tourist destinations which some people love.

Most of my trips in recent years have been day trips in my car. I like these because I can come back to my place at night...or after a night or two.

I lived overseas and traveled locally, which was an amazing way to vacation. I only had weekends while I worked and when I wasn't working I didn't want to spend money traveling.

I suspect it will be easier to travel once I'm retired, can fly on stand-by and don't have to rush home for any reason. I'm guessing a few flights a year would be more than enough for me especially if I combine it with local trips.
Maybe I don't really care about travel because where I live is so beautiful? Especially where I live now. I just love it. I have been thinking about buying myself a small boat though. I love being on the water and I used to enjoy fishing. I live right next to where the salmon derby is held every year. I would actually be able to see the salmon derby happen from my front window.

I think if I ever were to travel it might be to do some sailing or something. Just sail around the world. That's a dream though and I probably won't ever get around to doing it.

It sounds like where you are living is very much like where I live. Mountains, Ocean, skiing, camping, hiking trails, everything. Maybe that's why I never felt the need to go elsewhere.
mumofsixbirds
Maybe I don't really care about travel because where I live is so beautiful? Especially where I live now. I just love it. I have been thinking about buying myself a small boat though. I love being on the water and I used to enjoy fishing. I live right next to where the salmon derby is held every year. I would actually be able to see the salmon derby happen from my front window.

This is exactly what it is like for me. It is beautiful. You might be able to rent a boat and if you use it often enough then buy one? If I lived on the water I'd likely have a small boat of some kind.

mumofsixbirds
I think if I ever were to travel it might be to do some sailing or something. Just sail around the world. That's a dream though and I probably won't ever get around to doing it.

It sounds like where you are living is very much like where I live. Mountains, Ocean, skiing, camping, hiking trails, everything. Maybe that's why I never felt the need to go elsewhere.

This is a lovely dream! Even a full day or two of sailing sounds wonderful. I lost my wonder lust for traveling once I moved here. Now it is all about local trips and I'm perfectly happy bringing my own food or going to a local grocery store unless there is a really good restaurant I want to try nearby. There is hardly ever any kind of fee to go to places in nature, except a nominal fee for certain parks. The cost is mostly gas and some planning. I found a book containing local day trips for my area and plan to take every trip in the book that interests me.
Renting a boat is a great idea! I've always dreamed of just being able to zoom around in the water and do some fishing, and I live half a block away from one of the top salmon fishing hubs of the world. I sit here some days and look out at the water and just dream about taking me and the dog out on the boat and doing a bit of fishing or exploring.

Owning a boat isn't really feasible for me now but I wouldn't mind in the next 5 years or so. I jokingly call me and my dog "Old Salty and the Sea Dog." Because she loves going to the beach and I'm old and salty. Lol.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login