CF couple stand up to entitled famblee
June 10, 2021
Lord I love this..

https://defused.com/removed-from-will-for-kids/?utm_source=defused&utm_medium=defused&utm_campaign=defused

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Sometimes in life it's the only weapon we have. Roger Rabbit

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Re: CF couple stand up to entitled famblee
June 11, 2021
Bet you the sibling trolls expect the CF couple to leave all their shit to their kids, pay for their college and weddings etc.

The CF couple should move to the other side of the country now.

thom, the family just wasn't. not according to the usual sappy definition. they are entitled. they are sitting in someone elses house. over 6 years, apparently for t day and christmas. but the cf are doing nothing for them? getting kicked out and having no place to go in the following months sure demonstrates that. the other breeders sure didn't put their house up for use. whatsa matter? their shitfords won't share? they all got to the cf house well enough, that means they could get to another siblings house or the parents for that matter. just demonstrates how entitled they are.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Sometimes in life it's the only weapon we have. Roger Rabbit

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

June 11, 2021
My father in law has actually "joked" that we aren't getting anything because we don't have kids. It's my DH's cross to bear and I let my DH deal with that. They live far away and we see them once a year.

Since I've come along it's slowly dawned on DH how shitty they are to him. He's the only one of his siblings without kids. His parents cannot be arsed to visit him/us. (Fine with me.) The rest of the siblings are NOT a paragon of responsibility. The rest of them have multiple marriages and are all serial breeders, because that's how you show your NextSpouse that you Luuuuuv him/her. eye rolling smiley

The real "joke" of the matter is that my in-laws do not have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of. I would say we have 20 times the net worth they do, but 20 times zero (or a negative number) is still less than zero.

They were always people of modest means, but they are the type of people who cannot fathom not having children, so they had five. They probably could have had something or accumulated something, but the # of kids meant they never did. And once the kids were gone, they were busy stepping in for the loser parents and giving the grandkids things, at the expense of their own retirement.

So today they have next to nothing. They will die broke and in debt. They are in their 80's and they have a car payment and multiple mortgages on their home. Doesn't get more depressing than that. If they need nursing care, the taxpayer (Medicaid) will be picking up the tab.

ETA: K-man, it does sound familiar and I think we did.
June 11, 2021
Even though that is a "new" story, the account looked familiar. I'm thinking of the dad making comments while his CF daughter was hosting a holiday meal, the siblings agreeing with the dad, and the daughter telling everyone to leave. It really looks familiar. Maybe the story has been recycled.

Didn't we discuss something similar here a few years ago?
June 11, 2021
I think that was from r/ProRevenge some time ago on Reddit, but it still warms my heart that the family bitched out these people for not contributing offspring like the other siblings and they simply ruined Christmas for these assholes.

I hope the other relatives chewed out the Duh and siblings because it seems like a decision made only because of the assholery of these specific people that impacted everyone staying there (if there were guests beyond the parents and siblings).

Welp, I hope these motherfuckers learned a lesson about just how much the CF couple contributes, not to mention the fact that their holiday contributions (meals fully paid for and prepared by them plus free lodgings) exist solely because they didn't breed. You think they would have a gorgeous spacious house and time to cook family-sized meals if they had sproggen licking the stove and screeching nonstop? I hope losing their usual holiday hub and all the fixins was worth telling these people that they are less important than the breeders in the family.
June 13, 2021
I remember seeing the story in Reddit/r/childfree in the last year or so. It was a dazzling response to being treated badly and taken for granted.
June 14, 2021
Contribution is defined as sluicing to their idiot relatives? And anyone who doesn't sluice must financially support their family and also respond with a smile to the constant barbs, slights and insults from jealous relatives.

I think this was a huge favor to the CF couple. Hopefully they will get used to establishing boundaries. It is likely they will still be hit up to host holidays and pay for all their nieces and nephews collage classes. The childfree can afford to send 10+ relatives to collage, because once we hit the age of 30 and declare ourselves childfree we each receive a 10 million dollar bonus from the guberment, right? Plus anything else the famblee feels breeding entitles them to beg their "rich" childfree relatives for. Of course, they will be berated for saying "no."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login