Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Aging piggo ignores multiple warnings in order to pass genetic disease onto offspring

Posted by toraneko 
I can barely even read this, it's so ridiculous. Every sentence reveals a new level of selfishness. She's old, has a genetic disease, and refuses to terminate if the fetus has it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-57430859
In other words, a typical breeder.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Summary: 40 year old woman who is already showing symptoms of Huntington's disease gets pregnasty, fully knowing she has a 50% chance of giving this 100% fatal genetic disease to her kid.

According to Prof Edward Wild, a consultant neurologist and associate director at the UCL Huntington's Disease Centre, the average lifespan from the onset of movement symptoms is 15 to 20 years, with "significant loss of function from very early on".

So the best scenario here is that her kid only has to watch his/her mom become disabled and die throughout the kid's life, and the kid does not inherit the same disease. (According to the article, the kid has to wait until he/she is 18 years old to find out.)

Heather and Adriaan are nonetheless hoping to have a number of years bringing up their child together as a happy family of three.

A number of years? Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Maybe if they are on the low end of the curve, she will get 6-8 years of life as a severely disabled person before she dies. That's a really low number and it's completely unfair to the kid.

Here's what that same professor says about people having children when they have Huntington's disease:

In reality people have a right to make their own decisions, and there is no blanket good decision or bad decision.

People absolutely have the right to make their own decisions, but someone needs to explain to me how Mommy hasn't lost her moral compass to justify I WANNA HAVE A BAYBEE.

Anyone who says there is not a "bad decision" in this scenario is engaging in moral relativism, which is a handy way to perpetuate wrongdoing.

"My first thought was I couldn't put my husband through caring for both me and potentially our child, and the horror of my dying as well as the child," Heather says.

"I had watched my mum die and that was hard enough, so I didn't want to potentially put my husband through that twice."

So she did have the sense to consider the consequences of her decision and the impact it would have on others and she chose to be selfish anyway. Nice.

Apparently they got turned away from a private fertility clinic too because she was already showing symptoms of HD. If this was the US, they probably would have sued the clinic for discrimination.

"We didn't want our child to think that wanting them was on the condition they didn't have the HD gene," Heather says.

They knew that if they did bring into the world a child with the faulty gene its adulthood could be cut short, and this gave them pause for thought. But there had just been major progress in the search for a treatment and in this knowledge they resumed trying for a baby.

And what exactly is wrong with wanting to save your child from your fate? Isn't that what parents are supposed to do? Do their best to make sure their kids have it better than they did? I mean, in this case, I think that would mean not fucking having a kid, but the next best thing would be ensuring your child doesn't have to suffer the way you are by removing the faulty gene.

So they went ahead with pregnasty because of the off chance that by the time their child reaches adulthood, someone will have found a cure for Huntington's disease.

"You'll almost certainly stumble upon people (in HD online discussions) who say - 'Why don't we just sterilise them all?' or 'These people should not be allowed to have children.' It can be quite shocking and borders on historical eugenics-type thinking."

Do these people know what eugenics means? Preventing someone from being born with a fatal, incurable disease is not eugenics. It's called not being a fucking asshole. People with genetic terminal diseases shouldn't breed because they're rolling the dice with someone else's life and saying they don't care if their own kid is born with an illness that will incapacitate or kill them.

And I'm sure adopting a child that's not sick was just out of the question because they just couldn't love a child that's not theirs biologically.
I have a book I refer to occasionally, called Symptoms by Isadore Rosenfield. There is a small section about genetic diseases near the end. He says in most cases knowing you have a family history of a certain disease should be a cause for activism, not nihilism. Only a few diseases are bad enough and purely genetic enough to justify nihilism. Guess which disease is the only one he specifically mentions? Yep, it's Huntington's.

What a vile bitch this woman is.
Makes me wonder if that child does have HD will she curse her mother to her face. I think if I found out that I had HD or something else truly debilitating, and the sow knew she would likely pass it on, I would curse her out up down everywhich way and sideways. hopefully reduce the cunt to tears.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Sometimes in life it's the only weapon we have. Roger Rabbit

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Seriously. No thought whatsoever for the brat's suffering or the husband who's being saddled with two vegetables.
twocents
Makes me wonder if that child does have HD will she curse her mother to her face. I think if I found out that I had HD or something else truly debilitating, and the sow knew she would likely pass it on, I would curse her out up down everywhich way and sideways. hopefully reduce the cunt to tears.

Breeder will be dead before the kid finds out they have the condition.
twocents

My duh had a genetic history of debilitating mental conditions and didn’t tell my PNB mom about it. Unfortunately, he was never remorseful for his actions so he only gives occasional crocodile tears if he fears a big consequence.
Oh this is gonna turn out GREAT eye rolling smiley So odds are that the kid might also have HD but let's say it doesn't. The kid still has to grow up watching its mom deteriorate and likely die, then get to experience being a Back of the Coucher while duhd attempts to recruit another woman into childminding. Wow, what a selfless hero she is.
if anyone remembers that famous 'bubble boy' from several decades ago, he was a 'replacement' from the sow who knew what she was inflicting on him. this rotten selfish bitch had the audacity to go on talk shows boo hooing about how she could never touch her baby boy. cry me a river you cunt....
they finally tried a bone marrow; overlooked the fact that donor sister had had chicken pox. Killed him

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Sometimes in life it's the only weapon we have. Roger Rabbit

twocents
if anyone remembers that famous 'bubble boy' from several decades ago, he was a 'replacement' from the sow who knew what she was inflicting on him. this rotten selfish bitch had the audacity to go on talk shows boo hooing about how she could never touch her baby boy. cry me a river you cunt....
they finally tried a bone marrow; overlooked the fact that donor sister had had chicken pox. Killed him

Piggo got what she wanted, the boy didn't matter.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
twocents

Imagine being that desperate for golden penis that even the son himself should suffer for this desire.
Chicken pox wasn’t the cause. He got mono because the sister had a dormant herpes virus. She and the family had no way of knowing this, but the hospital should have checked.
His psychologist wrote a book describing his life as torture and an unethical experiment. The publishing was delayed by 24 years because his family and treatment center hindered her. She (the psychologist) said they were excited to have the first person who would live without “sexual sin.” This information would make the situation so much darker and shittier if it were true.
Here is an article about him.

They had another son with the same disease who died in infancy. I guess he was the lucky one. The look on the kid's face is haunting. His life must have been so miserable and frustrating. Moo on the other hand looks like she was enjoying all the attention.

From the article:

David wasn't the first child in the family to be born with SCID. Carol Ann and David J. Vetter's first son died in infancy of the disease.

After Carol Ann learned she was to conceive another boy, doctors told her her son would have a one in two chance of being born with SCID - a disease that only affects boys. The Vetters refused an offer to abort their child.
misskitty
twocents

Imagine being that desperate for golden penis that even the son himself should suffer for this desire.
Chicken pox wasn’t the cause. He got mono because the sister had a dormant herpes virus. She and the family had no way of knowing this, but the hospital should have checked.
His psychologist wrote a book describing his life as torture and an unethical experiment. The publishing was delayed by 24 years because his family and treatment center hindered her. She (the psychologist) said they were excited to have the first person who would live without “sexual sin.” This information would make the situation so much darker and shittier if it were true.

Masturbation was a thing.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
craftyzits
misskitty
twocents

Masturbation was a thing.

True. I hope he at least enjoyed that while he was alive.
ok mono, I don't recall exactly, but I know it was something that the sister had, so I guessed. though it was cp but whatever...
that update, 24 years later, that I hadn't heard about. any linky??

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

Here's a link to the book:

Linkerino

He was known around the world as the “Bubble Boy”. Now told for the first time by the person who was his caretaker and confidant, Bursting the Bubble is the heart-rending story of the life and death of David Vetter. Due to the scientific zeal of doctors and religious authorities, and the compliance of his trusting family, he lived his life in a sterile chamber bereft of human touch from birth until a few days before his death at age 12 and a half.Mary Ada Murphy, Ph.D., was a child psychologist on staff at St. Luke’s-Texas Children’s Hospital throughout David Vetter’s life and became his closest friend and confidant. She was with him when he died. She received the Hadassah Myrtle Wreath Award in 1985 in recognition of her outstanding achievement in the psychological support of David Vetter and his family. Raymond J. Lawrence, whom Murphy entrusted with the Bursting the Bubble manuscript and writes an introduction to it, was the hospital chaplain in place during David’s early years, and who convened the only formal ethics consultation on the Vetter case.

My mother was always horrified by his story. Every now and then there'd be a news story about him, complete with cutesy nicknames like "bubble boy", and she'd say that his life was a nightmare and that his parents' shouldn't have had him.
(quote)My mother was always horrified by his story. Every now and then there'd be a news story about him, complete with cutesy nicknames like "bubble boy", and she'd say that his life was a nightmare and that his parents' shouldn't have had him....(end quote)

his mother knew exactly what she was inflicting on him. damn bitch. saw the pic of him. he looks so sad.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

As I opened this I said to myself: PLEASE don't let it be Huntington's! And of course it was.

If I found out I had this gene, I'd off myself. No way could I live with a ticking time bomb in my body that would lead to such a cruel, agonizing death. If you've ever known someone to die in this way, you know what I'm talking about. It causes psychosis & jerky body movements that NEVER stop for years until you finally die. I'm talking violent movements. You waste away mentally & physically. No treatment & no cure but it could be wiped from the Earth in a generation or two if people got tested & chose not to breed.

Of course that's too much fucking to ask. hitting head against a brick wall
In case you're wondering why insurance costs continue to rise, here is the answer. Selfish breeders with crappy genes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login