Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2021 hot car kill count: 7 (so far)

Posted by Cambion 
2021 hot car kill count: 7 (so far)
July 04, 2021
According to injuryfacts.nsc.org, we've already had seven kids die in hot cars this year, with the first one being on April 29th. Someone "forgot" their five-month-old in the car and it died.

One upside (for parents, anyway) of climate change is hot car PNA season will start sooner and last longer! It normally isn't hot enough in April to turn a car into an oven, but I guess this proud family capitalized on the weather and didn't want to wait until summertime. Here's a link to an article covering the metaphorical bottle of champagne being broken against the side of the S.S. Heatstroke:

https://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/national-news/united-states-records-first-hot-car-death-of-2021/

“After more than 20 years of public education, the number of children dying in hot cars has gotten worse, not better,” Kids and Cars Safety President Janette Fennell said. “The years 2018 and 2019 were the worst in history with a total of over 100 children that died in hot cars nationwide.”

That could easily just be due to more kids existing in general, but of course no one would ever even imply that these deaths aren't as accidental as they're portrayed. You start charging the poor, suffering parents with manslaughter every time they let their kids roast in 130-degree minivans and hot car deaths will clear right up. I mean they'll find a new way to dispose of their unwanted brats soon enough, but they won't have the old classic method to fall back on anymore.
Re: 2021 hot car kill count: 7 (so far)
July 04, 2021
I'd love to hear the stats on 'hot car deaths' during Covid where parents were stuck with the little fuckers.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 04, 2021
In spite of quarantining and isolating and everything being closed, 26 kids died by means of a hot car in 2020 (compared to 53 in 2019 and 51 in 2018).

Source: https://www.kidsandcars.org/2020-child-hot-car-deaths/

Looks like a lot of the ones that occurred in 2020 are kids allegedly getting into cars on their own and dying, with a couple of "accidentally left them" cases, many "unknown circumstances," and curiously one "left in car on purpose" death, which occurred in November when it's not really very hot. It's gonna take more than a deadly global pandemic to stop people from offing those pesky brats that they chose to have!
July 05, 2021
I'd like to see a study on why people only "forget" their children in hot weather.
July 05, 2021
kittehpeoples
I'd like to see a study on why people only "forget" their children in hot weather.

Maybe they forget their children in other conditions too, but those cases wouldn’t be on the news.
July 05, 2021
kittehpeoples
It's come up a time or two here. After the authorities figured out most cases of SIDS (crib death) were actually murder by suffocation and began routinely investigating claimed SIDS cases, the number of those cases suddenly dropped. That's when the hot-car deaths began.

Hot-car deaths are the replacement for SIDS for pahrunts who want to kill their kids and get off with little or no punishment. You can safely assume that leaving a kid in a hot car is deliberate.

The problem for these pahrunts is that the authorities are getting wise to the hot-car scam too.
July 05, 2021
The thing that gets me is how violently other breeders will defend those that let their kids roast to death in hot cars. They will violently attack anyone that dares to question whether hot car deaths really are accidents or not, or say that the parents of the fried kid be brought to justice for what must have been a horrific death. “They’ve suffered enough!”

I guess it’s only the evil child haters that can spare a though for the kids’ suffering.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
July 05, 2021
kittehpeoples

Maybe because it doesn't get cold quickly enough in most of the US for loaves to die of hypothermia, so there aren't nearly as many cold car deaths in the news? Plus, if authorities notice that the loafsicle was dressed in shorts and a diaper and no shoes or coat in zero-degree weather, they'll probably figure out the parent was neglectful on purpose and charge them accordingly.

I didn't really find many stories of intentional cold car child deaths - all of them were accidental, like parents using a running car in winter to keep the family warm and the kids die from carbon monoxide poisoning. By the time I got to the bottom of the first page of search results, I got hits for heat stroke info. So clearly this isn't nearly as much of a thing as hot car deaths.

The very first result was from 2021 about a woman and her two kids who got stranded in winter in their car in the middle of nowhere and one of her two kids died from exposure to the cold (the other needed both feet amputated due to frostbite), and she was charged with child abuse. This sounds like genuine bad circumstances to me, not someone trying to murder their kids with the weather on purpose. It took two days for this kid to die, mind you. A brat in a hot car can probably die within an hour.

Source: https://people.com/crime/colorado-toddler-dies-freezing-cold-mom-faces-charges/

One other result was a thread on Quora about this exact thing (hot car deaths vs. cold car deaths), but the page refused to load for me. Apparently we aren't the only ones wondering about it. Maybe you guys will have better luck with it.

https://www.quora.com/We-often-hear-of-children-being-left-in-a-car-in-summer-but-have-children-been-left-in-a-car-to-freeze-in-wintertime?top_ans=93936073
July 06, 2021

The thing that gets me is how violently other breeders will defend those that let their kids roast to death in hot cars. They will violently attack anyone that dares to question whether hot car deaths really are accidents or not, or say that the parents of the fried kid be brought to justice for what must have been a horrific death. “They’ve suffered enough!”

When a kid dies while being cared for a non-parent, the person gets the book thrown at him/her, which is why I'm thankful my occupation never required me to be around children.

Like it or not, there is a legal definition of accident, but there is selective prosecution, thanks to hungry PAs who want to look like they are "defending childrun."

I was watching Dr. G's show once. (She was the medical examiner in Orange county, Florida.) She had a case where a babysitter was watching a child many years ago. The babysitter made a contraption to keep a kid in a playpen while she watched other kids. The kid tried to get out of the playpen and managed to Darwinize himself by choking. Dr. G. wrote it as an accident and the person was not charged because there are provisions for accidental deaths. HOWEVER, when a chyld dies and PERSON IS NOT THE PARENT, we can forget about that.

(Most of us on this page are aware of the horrible case when a kid drowned in front of the father and the father's GF and the GF, who did not swim, went to prison. Duddy got off.)

Amazingly, with respect to the playpen story, an almost identical situation happened in my county around 15 years ago. Supposedly the mother used a similar set up in her house and concurred with the babysitter using it. The kid was described in the papers as "spirited." None of these facts was disputed.

Anyway, while the Moo's friend was watching the kid, the kid Darwinized himself. (Gotta hand it to kids--they are astonishingly creative when it comes to offing themselves.) Naturally, Moo turned on her friend and her friend got TWENTY FIVE YEARS which I thought was way harsh. The woman was like 50 and had zero criminal record. Jezus, most sexual predators get way less than that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login