Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Families with autistic children banned from adopting dogs from Canadian rescue group

Posted by freya 
Finally, someone is looking out for the pets:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/article259979935.html
About fucking time!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
That's good to hear. I'm sure there are autistic kids who are high-functioning enough to have empathy and be gentle with pets, but I also know there are plenty of parents who will give their violent retards an animal to hurt/kill if it means Mommy won't have to do her job for a little while.

Oh I'm sure there will be screaming about discrimination against disabled people, but animals don't deserve to be given to people who will harm them. Shelters and rescues have a mission to find their animals GOOD homes, and there is a very high probability that a home with a tard will not be good. This isn't an act of cruelty toward the tards - it's just the rescue working in the best interests of its dogs. From what the article says, they seem to have made the decision not to adopt to families with awtards after two separate instances where tard children got violent with their rescue dogs. So they have no choice but to assume all awtarded brats are going to be cruel and violent to their dogs and they have to refuse to adopt dogs to them.

Of course, now that this has become a news story, I'm sure people with awtards will just lie and say they have normal kids or no kids at all in order to get their hands on a dog.

This crap is allegedly from Ontario's autism society:

“The post also disturbingly stereotypes “99%” of autistic children as violent, a statement that blatantly overlooks basic science, which states that the risk of violent (behavior) in autistic people is no higher than it is among the general population and that violent (behavior) in autistic people is not a factor of autism, but is due to other diagnoses existing alongside autism,” the organization said.

Uhhhh, it's a basic fact that awtards have a much higher likelihood of being violent than someone who is not autistic. Yes, not all awtards are violent, but many of them are. Many of them are dangerous to themselves and to others. Many of them don't know their own strength and can easily kill an animal without meaning to. It's not a stereotype when it's true, and you'd think an autism society, of all groups, would understand that. They're just trying to tar and feather the rescue for excluding tards from adopting. And if one of these dogs goes and rips the face off a tard for punching it one too many times, the rescue will get smeared all over the news for being a negligent organization that "knowingly" gave a "vicious" animal to a "helpless, innocent disabled child." I'd wager the hate mail they get for giving a dangerous brat an animal would be much worse than the hate mail they get for refusing to subject innocent animals to the abuse of a flaptard.
Cambion
This crap is allegedly from Ontario's autism society:

“The post also disturbingly stereotypes “99%” of autistic children as violent, a statement that blatantly overlooks basic science, which states that the risk of violent (behavior) in autistic people is no higher than it is among the general population and that violent (behavior) in autistic people is not a factor of autism, but is due to other diagnoses existing alongside autism,” the organization said.

Uhhhh, it's a basic fact that awtards have a much higher likelihood of being violent than someone who is not autistic. Yes, not all awtards are violent, but many of them are. Many of them are dangerous to themselves and to others. Many of them don't know their own strength and can easily kill an animal without meaning to.

The low-functioning autards are the worst, and many pahrunts seem to be in denial about the risk of violence from those sprogs.
I applaud what the shelter is doing, but it would probably have been wiser for them to keep their policy on the DL and just give the autistic families a generic rejection such as “we don’t currently have any dogs that are a good fit for your family” or something equally vague.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
LoveToLurk
I applaud what the shelter is doing, but it would probably have been wiser for them to keep their policy on the DL and just give the autistic families a generic rejection such as “we don’t currently have any dogs that are a good fit for your family” or something equally vague.

In their defense, it sounds like the policy wasn't exactly public because the article states they have used the "no adoption to tards" policy for a decade. But then a family with an awtard child tried to adopt recently and got rejected on the basis of their brat's autism, so Moo went to the media about it because the news loves juicy brat discrimination stories. You Google the Moo's name and you'll find TONS of media coverage about the whole thing.

So now people will either boycott this rescue for "hating autistic people" or they'll just lie and say they have no kids or they have normal kids to get their hands on a dog and then let their awtarded brats abuse the poor dogs.

There are two damn good reasons the owner of the rescue no longer hands out animals to families with retarded children. One tard child would bite the crap out of the rescue dog when the kid had a meltdown, leaving wounds. Dog was returned within a week. Another tard hit their rescue dog in the head so hard with a fan that the dog required stitches. This dog was also gnawed on by the tard so much that it left wounds. This dog was returned with cranial wounds after ten days. Frankly, I am amazed neither of these brats got bitten. I'm at least glad to see the dogs were returned instead of thrown outside, euthanized, or allowed to just continue being an awtard's chew toy/punching bag.

Here is what the rescue owner said on their Facebook page. It's a little gag-worthy in spots, but I fully understand why she has the no-tard policy after reading this:

Mama Bears
Rescue is hard, and no one knows it unless you actually do it. To all the rescues out there....my hats off to you!
I have been doing rescue for just over 22 years. I have owned my own shelter for 15 of those years.

One of the hardest parts of rescue is the emotional aspect of it. Making tough decisions, learning by mistakes and witnessing severe injury, disease and death in animals.
I am going to tell you a little story. It is hard for me to tell this story because it absolutely broke my heart. Twice.

I think it was 2008 or 2009, I adopted a dog to a family with an Autistic child who was 7 or 8 years old. I met the child who was verbal and he seemed to get on with the dog well. The dog was fabulous and snuggled right up to the boy. I liked the parents and they had a nice home and a good application.

I let the family adopt the dog. It was 5 or 6 days later I got a call from the Mom, crying, saying it wasn't working out. She went on to explain that the dog had some wounds on his head and ears and wanted to be upfront with me. Her son had been biting the dog when he would have a "melt down". I felt sick. I was, however, VERY thankful she was honest and returned the dog to me. When I got the dog back, I cried my eyes out when I seen his head. Huge human bite marks on his head and ears. I felt so awful.

In 2012, I adopted a dog to another family with an Autistic child and this time, I thought it would be ok. Time had past and what happened before was just one incident with one Autistic child and the chances of it happening again would be very very low, I told myself. I was wrong.
To make a long story short, this new dog, a Shepered/Golden Ret., came back to me 10 days later with 9 stitches in it's head. The 11 year old Autistic child smashed a fan over the dogs head and cut her and bit her.

You can imagine my devastation. I was sick about it. To this day, I relive it in my mind.

After the second incident with the second dog, I made a policy that NO dog will be adopted into homes with Autistic children.

Guess what....I have 2 children of my own and I know what it is to be a Mama Bear. As well, when it comes to the rescue dogs at Kismutt, I am even more of a Mama Bear.

Parents of Autistic children are also Mama Bears. Of course they are, I get that.

We have a lovely teacher who volunteers on weekends that specifically works with Autistic children in regular schools. She told me 99% of her Autistic students have outbursts and can be aggressive and violent. She is a professional in her field and highly respected.

Some may critize my policy, but I just will not take a chance with another dog.

Erin Doan, my rescue dogs are deserving of SAFE, loving forever homes. That's my job. If you don't like it, too bad.

Just because a parent of an Autistic child thinks their child is perfect.....don't ALL Mom's think their children are perfect?
Cambion
There are two damn good reasons the owner of the rescue no longer hands out animals to families with retarded children........

Here is what the rescue owner said on their Facebook page. It's a little gag-worthy in spots, but I fully understand why she has the no-tard policy after reading this:

This was really difficult to read. At least the pups were alive and the parents made the best decision for them. It concerns me that lots of pets die being around these brats and I doubt most pet shops, shelters, etc. check in on the conditions. I have deep respect for rescue owners; I worked at a vet clinic and that was tough enough for me!
freya
Cambion
There are two damn good reasons the owner of the rescue no longer hands out animals to families with retarded children........

This was really difficult to read. At least the pups were alive and the parents made the best decision for them. It concerns me that lots of pets die being around these brats and I doubt most pet shops, shelters, etc. check in on the conditions. I have deep respect for rescue owners; I worked at a vet clinic and that was tough enough for me!

I shudder to think about the actual loss of animals and the amount of unreported cruelty that actually goes on. I also don't understand why a breeder would take on the responsibility of a dog when they have a tard at home. I have a dog, two birds, and NO kids and MAN it's a lot of work and maintenance to look after just those guys alone. I couldn't imagine most dogs getting loving treatment in a tard family.
mumofsixbirds
I shudder to think about the actual loss of animals and the amount of unreported cruelty that actually goes on. I also don't understand why a breeder would take on the responsibility of a dog when they have a tard at home. I have a dog, two birds, and NO kids and MAN it's a lot of work and maintenance to look after just those guys alone. I couldn't imagine most dogs getting loving treatment in a tard family.

That's easy - they want to give their kids something to entertain them so they can not do their jobs as parents. Give Tardley a cute doggy or kitty to beat on so Mommy can have some peace and quiet. And I'd use the term "responsibility" loosely when it comes to breeders and animals, especially tard wranglers. They will do the bare minimum, and then proceed to never take the dog to the vet ever again once it's been fixed, they'll just beat the dog if it develops behavioral issues instead of addressing them in a proper way and then when the dog finally has enough and growls at or bites the violent tard child, that's when the parents will finally grow a pair and do something, but it's to punish the dog and not the child.

This goes for really any parents who get their kids pets. They just expect whatever unfortunate animals they bring home or their kids bring home to just be totally happy getting slapped, kicked and beaten by an undisciplined child. But if the animal defends itself, that's when those mama bear claws come out and the dog will get beat on by the breeder, thrown out the door, driven off and abandoned in the woods, put to sleep, returned to the shelter or just passed around like a blunt to other equally negligent owners.

I remember a kid I used to hang out with when I was like five used to looooove catching toads and stomping on them slowly until they barfed up their guts. When his mother was informed of this horrible little habit of his, she just kinda shrugged because if he was in the backyard killing toads, he wasn't getting into mischief or bothering her. angry smiley So yeah, parents will gladly pay tribute to their brats in the form of living creatures if it means the brats leave Mommy alone for a while because breeders see animals as completely disposable.
Yup, I've witness little psychos in training do awful things to creatures. When I was little, there was a kid that lived near my sister's house. He was a little fucking bastard. During a neighborhood barbecue, the fucker would tear off the legs of grasshoppers and toss them on the barbecue and laughed while the poor things roasted. I don't remember how old I was but I was enraged. I did talk to the adults about it but they were too busy chatting to do anything about it. I think witnessing that disgusting and senseless act of cruelty so young was one of the big reasons I hated a lot of other kids and knew I'd never want any. I knew if I had a kid one day and it did something awful and cruel like that, I'd be probably jailed for what I'd do to the demon.

On the opposite side of the scale, I got a pet budgie when I was a little kid at Christmas and I was so excited about it. My mom did not allow me to handle him for several months despite my promises to be careful. She taught me to be gentle and loving towards animals and explained to me that they aren't toys and to respect their feelings. I remember one night when I was sitting on the floor in the living room and the little bird came over to me on his own for the first time and we became the very best of friends.

My mom may have been awful towards me in many ways, but she was a huge animal lover and she took the time to teach me about loving and respecting all living things. I'm old now and I'm an animal lover to a fault.

ETA: My mother was a single, working mother so I don't buy the excuse that moooos are too busy to teach their kids basic human kindness. It's just pure laziness and lack of interest on their parts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login