Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Onion admits most moos are kinda losers

Posted by cfdavep 
The Onion admits most moos are kinda losers
April 05, 2022
https://www.theonion.com/new-mother-confirms-childbirth-most-rewarding-experienc-1848704634

Cause as was expected they have nothing else.
Re: The Onion admits most moos are kinda losers
April 05, 2022
The article was very well written and the point of view was spot on. The author's perspective reminds me a bit of Cambion, so it isn't a given that it was written by someone with kids as it could have been a childfree author.
April 05, 2022
I clicked over and got a 404 error.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 06, 2022
freya
The article was very well written and the point of view was spot on. The author's perspective reminds me a bit of Cambion, so it isn't a given that it was written by someone with kids as it could have been a childfree author.

Haha, I'm flattered to know I could pass for an Onion writer. smiling smiley I know the site is satire, but it still takes skill to be a professional smartass. tongue sticking out smiley

I like the thinly veiled sarcasm, but it's definitely rooted in truth because I know there are a sad number of women who truly feel they have no value until they get pregnant and make a little Xerox copy of themselves, even if they can't handle one or afford one. Or it's a way to ensure alllllll the attention is on them for the better part of a year, plus the ability to get out of doing things because of their "delicate condition" and being "allowed" to eat like a bear preparing to hibernate and gain 90 pounds (and then act shocked when they don't lose all the baby weight after birthing a six-pound infant). Like I wouldn't get pregnant even if someone paid me handsomely for it, but I can see why it seems so inviting to women who are insecure or whose mommies never gave them any attention as kids and now they want some as adults. For the small price of wearing stretch pants and barfing every day, you can steal the spotlight for ten months and totally overshadow everyone else's accomplishments, including the ones that involved more effort than barebacking.

For all this self-esteem bullshit parents have been touting over the years, you'd think we'd have a generation of women who realize they mean so much more than their uterine functions. I know this author is being smart, but there really are tons of women who feel precisely what the article describes: that wiping butts and being nothing but someone's mommy is truly the pinnacle of living. Makes you wonder how badly their own parents must have raised them for them to grow up to believe there is nothing better they could do with their lives than what every single living thing has done since the beginning of life iself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login