Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Loaf killed with a car seat

Posted by Cambion 
Loaf killed with a car seat
April 08, 2022
This is a new one for me. The loaf died of "probable mechanical asphyxiation" because Moo would stuff him into his car seat, on which the straps had not been adjusted since the kid was born. The kid's weight had almost doubled between his birth and his death, which isn't much overall - nearly 5 pounds to over 8 pounds - but I bet that's a big change for a baby.

Apparently the straps on the carseat were so tight that the kid's chest and ribs were crushed, and he was bleeding from his mouth and nose from the pressure. Also, Moo claims she was juuuust about to loosen the straps the day the kid died, but she took so long to do it because she "didn't know how" and she had already thrown away the box and the manual (note: there was a manual available online).

Now this carseat will have to be re-designed to make it impossible to use as a PNA device and will also have to include a lengthy disclaimer about the dangers of not adjusting the straps to accommodate growing infants. You know, before more people figure out they can do this, claim it's an accident and sue the carseat manufacturer.

What do you guys think? Intentional PNA or just a gigantic dumbass of a parent?

https://www.wane.com/news/court-docs-babys-death-blamed-on-car-seat-straps-that-were-too-tight/

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) -By the time emergency personnel were called, the baby had blood coming from his nose and mouth and appeared to be bluish in color. His mother said he’d been “a little fussy” when she put him in his car seat.

Life saving measures were taken on baby Kai, according to a probable cause affidavit, but to no avail. He was rushed to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.

The baby’s mother, Megan Ford, 35, of the 3700 block of Summersworth Run was charged Friday with neglect of a dependent resulting in serious bodily injury, a level 3 felony. Court documents indicate she has a court hearing Tuesday. She was released from the Allen County Jail Friday on a $10,000 bond, a jail spokesman said.

Injuries to the baby, who weighed 8 pounds, 2 oz. days prior to his death, at his wellness check, appeared to be because the buckles and straps on his car seat were too tight, court documents said.

On May 26, 2021 around 11:14 a.m., Ford noticed that her son was unresponsive after driving 12 to 15 minutes from her house to her mother’s in Yoder. Ford thought her son had fallen asleep, Detective Corporal Gabe Furnish of the Allen County Sheriff’s Department wrote in the probable cause.

During a police interview, Ford said her son weighed 4 pounds, 14 oz at birth and she hadn’t adjusted the car seat straps since they left the hospital because she didn’t know how to adjust them. The Graco car seat was a gift from her mother, she added, and she planned on getting her mother to help her with the adjustment the day the baby died.

An autopsy revealed a bruise on the baby’s abdomen area that matched up perfectly to where the buckles would have been strapped when he was placed in to the car seat, court documents said. Dr. Kent Harshbarger said the blood from his mouth and nose could have been from his lungs due to the pressure of the asphyxiation. The cause of death was listed as “probable mechanical asphyxia due to chest and abdomen compression.”

The baby also had five broken ribs that Harshbarger didn’t believe could be attributed to CPR, but he couldn’t rule that out, court documents said.

Ford said she knew the straps were tight two days prior when she took Kai to his doctor’s appointment. She demonstrated and explained how she’d have to move his lower body down into the seat to get the straps over his shoulders, court documents said.

The baby’s father, Quentin Hoskins, told Furnish that he’d had a conversation with Ford about the straps getting too tight when he put the baby in the car seat a couple days prior to his death.

“I could barely get him in the car seat,” Hoskins said. Hoskins said the baby was his first child and said neither he nor Ford knew how to adjust the straps. Ford said she threw away the box and instructions after she removed the car seat from the box. Furnish brought up an owner’s manual on an internet search, court documents said.
Re: Loaf killed with a car seat
April 08, 2022
I knew a guy once who always had an excuse for these types claiming it was "New Moo Syndrome" They were just getting their bearings with parenthood and made mistakes.

You would think it would be hard to call bleeding out the mouth and nose from the pressure a "misake" that was hard to notice due to inexperience.
April 08, 2022
Classic PNA in my opinion.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 08, 2022
These two idiots sound like a bunch of teenagers from a Baby Think It Over Class. Not someone who is 35!

Must be meth heads, crack heads or just too stupid to live.

It’s a damn shame your reproductive organs can be fully functional when your brain is not.
April 08, 2022
You'd think the kid screaming bloody murder in the seat would have made her stop and wonder what was going on, but at the same time, I have heard of many kids who will have this exact reaction when they are placed in carseats because they don't like being restrained. I guess I could buy "moo brain" as the cause, which was probably also what caused the first ever hot car loaf death. If the charges stick and Moo gets jail time, it might at least discourage other people from doing it on purpose and using the "I didn't know, duhhhhhhh" defense.
April 09, 2022
Something stinks about this. I'll bet moo or duh hatched a plan to beat the child to death, place it in the car seat, and then claim the death was from the seat restraints being too tight.

The chest and ribs being crushed and the bleeding from the nose and mouth tell me there's more to this story than just the car seat. PNA for real.
April 09, 2022
goddam fucking assholes.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
April 09, 2022
I think there is more to this too. Either that or it is serious neglect raised by stupid.
For some reason I pictured a loaf of bread being smashed flat by a car seat when I read the title.
April 10, 2022
from the article the contusions matched where the buckles and straps were

either way these people are beyond fucking stupid

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
April 11, 2022
I still think it could've been intentional even if the wounds match up. She could've deliberately killed the kid by strapping it in too tight, knowing it would cause serious damage. She may have even tightened them a little more before putting the kid in there. The kid has been riding around in the car seat and then one day this happens with no prior evidence? They should investigate the car seat and see if there is any type of markings on the straps that would indicate they were recently adjusted to a tighter position, since according to her, the straps haven't been adjusted ever.

I doubt it. She may have used the car seat, but I don't think this is all that innocent.
April 12, 2022
I wonder if maybe she was hoping to get a settlement from the carseat manufacturer, but wasn't intending to kill the loaf - just wanted to injure it and then claim, "Derrrrrrr, the seat is dangerous, look what it did to muh babby! Gimme money for muh suffering!"

To be fair, I don't know if suffocation via carseat would be something that comes to mind immediately as an intentional form of murder because carseats are made entirely for the purpose of safety. I'm thinking Moo was jonesing for a paycheck and just wanted to strap the loaf in tight enough to leave some bruises, but she wasn't expecting the kid to die.

Also, here is the kid's obituary, and what a pile of sap it is, but then what more can you say about a loaf that died less than two months into life? It says he came into the world "unexpectedly" - how does a loaf come into the world unexpectedly? Was this Moo one of those "I didn't know I was pregnant until I was in labor" types who ignores their symptoms for ten months and acts genuinely flabbergasted when they push out a baby? The loaf was so unexpected that it was mentioned in the poor kid's obituary. Okay, now this is starting to give me PNA vibes. I'll be curious to see what an investigation turns up.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/fort-wayne-in/kai-hoskins-10212770

Kai Hunter Hoskins came into the world unexpectedly early on April 9, 2021 and left the same way just 47 days later on May 26, 2021. He was a sweet, content, and easy baby. He only cried when he was hungry and would frantically search for food with his little mouth like a baby bird.

Kai was most content and happy when being held. Luckily, there was no shortage of people wanting to hold him. Kai is survived by his mother, Megan Ford; father, Quentin Hoskins; and his older brother Beau Heimann, as well as grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins on both sides. A service will be held Monday, June 7, 2021 at 1PM at D.O. McComb and Sons Covington Knolls Funeral Home, 8325 Covington Road. Visitation will also be held the day before on Sunday, June 6, 2021 from 12 to 4 PM at the funeral home. Burial will take place in Lindenwood Cemetery.
April 12, 2022
Well if she was trying for a lawsuit I don't think it would've worked in her favor because she didn't follow the manufacturer's directions, which I'm pretty sure adjusting the car seat straps to fit your loaf would be mentioned in the instruction manual somewhere. That would be a pretty stupid way to try and sue, but then again, we're talking about a breeder sooooo....

Also, I'm thinking unexpected loaf almost sounds like "unwanted" loaf and if I were the cops, I'd definitely be smelling something fishy about this death. I really hope they do some forensic investigations on this case.
April 12, 2022
celebration of parental stupidity. frantically searching for food with his little mouth. more like a toothless gaping screaming maw.

and to mum, at the very least these two so called adult schmucks are guilty of terminal retardation. Of course it is possible they are nothing but tards. I think stupidity can be their only defense at this point. And yes, it could very well have been deliberate. Straps, over time if they have been left in the same adjustment, leave some indication of where they have been, we all have seen this... if a belt that we use is inn one position for a while, we gain or lose weight and have to adjust the belt, where it has been is obvious.

come what may I would hope to see these fucking tards punished some way

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login